Psychopaths: Down the Rabbit Hole

Cyre2067

The Living Force
I'm doing this exercise of writing short, pointed articles that discuss the various aspects of psychopathy. The ultimate goal is to collect enough information to eventually put it together into a book, but since the prospect of writing that book seems daunting I'm doing this overtime as a sort of preparatory exercise. Feel free to carry or disseminate the articles anyway y'all wish.

_http://cyre2067.livejournal.com/150953.html

Psychopathy isn't really a disease, you could call it a condition but that's still somehow implying there is something wrong with the person. The simple fact of the matter is that psychopaths aren't broken. They're just different; they have an in-born tendency to dominate, manipulate and psychically control people they interact with. This is the natural state of the psychopath and while normal humans can become like this due to trauma, most of them are born this way (Hare).

Charming, great conversationalists, charismatic leaders, extremely good with the opposite sex - psychopaths often present a visage of success and normalcy. They can be doctors, lawyers, senators, priests, bankers, CEOs - and thrive (Babiak). They are also conscienceless, devoid of any concept of guilt or remorse, biologically incapable of empathy as well as the normal range of human emotions (Hare). In its place they possess a thriving hunger which can be temporarily sated, for what I can best describe as human suffering.

Their sexual preferences generally differ from ours and when you read the tales of their exploits (Brown, Salter, Stout) you get an understanding that they derive pleasure from only the most perverse acts that one human can inflict upon another. Specifically I'm referring to torture, rape, physical and psychological abuse and while it's sterilized here in the context of a written note remember that they cannot restrain themselves and will commit these acts not only on women they date, coworkers and subordinates, but children as well.

Some of them find a position where they work with kids just so they have easy access to prey (Salter). The over abundance of scandal within the Catholic Church is no coincidence, and over time the continued protection offered by the institution to its pedophilic clergy demonstrates its core corruption. There is an interesting account of Ira Einhorn which demonstrates just how depraved these individuals are and what they are capable of. But keep in mind that while all psychopaths commit these acts, very few of them are caught and punished.

Unfortunately, it goes much deeper and I'm just illuminating the entrance of this particular Rabbit Hole. As I continue with this series my goal will be to demonstrate and share with you a very simple truth: Psychopaths rule our world. I consider this to be one of the 'hidden truths' of our collective reality, and until we acknowledge it we can do nothing to change it.

http://youtu.be/QSQsJKGuITA

Notes:

1.) Brown, Sandra. How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved. Hunter House. 2005.
2.) Salter, Anna. Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists and Other Sex Offenders. Basic Books. 2004.
3.) Stout, Martha. The Sociopath Next Door. Three Rivers Press. 2006.
4.) Hare, Robert. Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths Among Us. Guilford Press. 1999.
5.) Hare, Robert & Babiak, Paul. Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths goto Work. Harper. 2007.

Thank you for what you are writing as well. The more each of us engages in public pathology education, the more the understanding can spread and the more we can reduce inevitable harm from interactions with pathologicals.

Stay tuned, got some new stuff brewing in my head for my next few works....I thought I was done writing for a while but a whole fresh new go round with pathology has got me cranked up to keep going!

Prometeo said:
Troll or real?

Yup, you're chatting with the real author, BUT you just voiced a question I wish everyone would ask online when encountering an author or other known personality :thup:

Guardian said:
Prometeo said:
Troll or real?

Yup, you're chatting with the real author, BUT you just voiced a question I wish everyone would ask online when encountering an author or other known personality :thup:

:O O wow, well I'm in shock.

:shock: I'm a fan too Sandra

sandrabrownma said:
Thank you for what you are writing as well. The more each of us engages in public pathology education, the more the understanding can spread and the more we can reduce inevitable harm from interactions with pathologicals.

Stay tuned, got some new stuff brewing in my head for my next few works....I thought I was done writing for a while but a whole fresh new go round with pathology has got me cranked up to keep going!

Much (if not most) of the literature out there is focused on intimate relationships with pathological people. But that's not the only theater where they munch on you!

I am especially interested in the education aspect. That's where the real work is done, not "with" the psychopath per se, but they need our "cooperation" or collusion (however unaware one might be of it) to accomplish their games.

It seems to me the 'path can't do near as much damage when other people react to them appropriately -- by keeping their distance, by having a reasonable psychological understanding of the condition.

One also can't NOT learn a lot of important stuff about one's self in the pursuit of understanding more about psychopaths. For one, they are a human variant and share a lot of normal qualities with us, but which ones? And how is it that the "normals" can be so easily exploited? For me, it was through my areas of personal darkness that the various 'paths got to me.

Here's an interesting thought; 'paths are so quick to sense another person's weaknesses. They are by far quicker than their target, in the assessment of one's personal vulnerabilities/weaknesses.

A person educated in regard to psychopathology will, out of self-defense, get to know themselves better. A 'path educated person will know the importance of self-awareness, because, at least in my personal experience, the 'paths in my life got hold of me by my psychological short hairs, so to speak.

My exhusband, a garden variety 'path, immediately began a campaign targeting some performance inadequacy fears I had at work (we met at work). It was very clever how he did it, and it's hard to explain HOW he did what he did in words. He knew I felt overwhelmed by my barbarian teenage children, and showed me the ways I "ruined" my kids. I had NO IDEA what a pathetic excuse for a mother, a nurse, and a human being I was until I met him :D .

I'd like to have a nice immunity to psychopaths, considering that they are everywhere (especially in the garden variety form). Immunity might include a damn fast and accurate kind of self-awareness, and objectivity.

Puck, Have you read Puzzling People by Thomas Sheridan yet? It's a good one! I messaged Sheridan, to let him know how much I appreciated his book, and sent him the Occupy Psychopaths video. He had already seen it, and was rather excited that it took off like it did. Last I checked it's over 17K just on one you tube video. A FB Friend I have that isn't even associated with Sott in anyway are passing it back around to me, along with Sott material about psychopaths that they didn't get from me! I think the word is really getting out! Kudos to all you guys!! A psychopath awareness movement is were it is at.

ReBecca.S said:
Puck, Have you read Puzzling People by Thomas Sheridan yet? It's a good one! I messaged Sheridan, to let him know how much I appreciated his book, and sent him the Occupy Psychopaths video. He had already seen it, and was rather excited that it took off like it did. Last I checked it's over 17K just on one you tube video. A FB Friend I have that isn't even associated with Sott in anyway are passing it back around to me, along with Sott material about psychopaths that they didn't get from me! I think the word is really getting out! Kudos to all you guys!! A psychopath awareness movement is were it is at.

This is indeed good news ReBecca.S.

And fwiw I opened a topic about, Thomas Sheridans book.

Back
Top Bottom