Psychic Self-defense, psychic protection

Is there a way to rejigger the wire of this thread? I'd really appreciate some advice to guard against psychic attacks. I will say exercise and smart diet and breathing definitely, positively help but there are times when I can feel and sense the prickling of bad thoughts from others, extended family included. This may just be the price to pay for acknowledging and learning and as long as you keep building a strong fortress of body and energy...those cracks eventually disappear. But, my word...there are times. Others have psychic dexterity with bad intent.

NevadaCat said:

Is there a way to rejigger the wire of this thread? I'd really appreciate some advice to guard against psychic attacks. I will say exercise and smart diet and breathing definitely, positively help but there are times when I can feel and sense the prickling of bad thoughts from others, extended family included. This may just be the price to pay for acknowledging and learning and as long as you keep building a strong fortress of body and energy...those cracks eventually disappear. But, my word...there are times. Others have psychic dexterity with bad intent.

I think getting over the negative opinions of others is one of the most difficult obstacles to overcome, since it affects our own perceptions in very pernicious ways, and often we are wounded in such a way that we crave being seen as a "good person" even at the expense of parts of ourselves that could truly become great. I think keeping a journal to dissect and correct the thinking narratives one can develop is beneficial, since it can help tease which thoughts are truly yours and which are the internalized attitudes of others. The book Redirect by Timothy Wilson covers a lot of information on this. :)

NevadaCat said:

The first thing you need to do is to really explore and understand your machine, your reality reading instrument. You can do this in a fairly efficient way by reading the numerous threads in our psychology/cognitive science section. For example, you can start with these two:

Are other people REALLY looking at you?
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26062.0.html

Over-confidence in one's own thinking
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31629.0.html

Thank you both for responding and thank you for the links. I do need to work more on my machine and using better mental motor oil. I feel events in my life have had me reaching for bad sludgy oil because I was too focused on hurts and pain and the honest to goodness hostilities. What I need to spend more time thinking about is these other people in my life causing distress are in the soup too and are possibly using the bad sludgy oil.
Keeping a journal to discern reality and perception is such great advice, thank you.

I think I need to openly ask and confront when things seem off with other people and try to work it out. Asking the right questions with the right intent is the key and this goes back to strengthening my machine.

There is so much valuable information here, I feel like a schlub for not researching before I post, but then again, I doubt I would have found those links right away without a helpful direction. Thanks for your patience and help.

What is the "Work"?
What exercises do you recommend to develop a strong and trustworthy psychic protection?

Almariel said:
What is the "Work"?
What exercises do you recommend to develop a strong and trustworthy psychic protection?
Almariel, what people usually mean here by the Work with a capital 'W' is the 4th Way Work as laid out by Gurdjieff. The best introduction to it is the book, In Search of the Miraculous by P.D. Ouspensky.

Mr. Premise said:
Almariel, what people usually mean here by the Work with a capital 'W' is the 4th Way Work as laid out by Gurdjieff. The best introduction to it is the book, In Search of the Miraculous by P.D. Ouspensky.

Of which self-observation is a main pillar, which connects to all other main esoteric doctrines, be it called awareness, mindfulness, self-inquiry, etc...

Back
Top Bottom