Psychic Self-defense, psychic protection

Hi axj, I'm glad that you were able to see that there was a trigger for you and you are working on it. Feel free to start a thread if you wish to network about it.

I haven't read it, but I see what you mean. Yes, I think that it is necessary get rid of those programs that want us to come back to the poisoned well, so to speak. Also, I don't think that the parents themselves are usually the "poisoned well". This "poisoned well" are the unhealthy dynamics that have been established long ago. If the dynamics can be changed through work on self, setting boundaries and so on - then we are no longer going back to the 'unhealthy' interactions.

Sadly, parents can be the poisoned well, (it's not just an unhealthy dynamic that can be healed) and a concept I feel you are very resistant to.

I still dont see the 'advanced helper' & 'lecturing mode' issue, nor do I see any reason for your mentioning your length of time with the forum, anart & being banned/re-instated.

Arwenn, it seems like you keep misreading what I said - intentionally or not.

Arwenn said:
Hi axj, I'm glad that you were able to see that there was a trigger for you and you are working on it. Feel free to start a thread if you wish to network about it.

As I said, what was triggered by that first post I've processed when it came up.

Arwenn said:
axj said:
I haven't read it, but I see what you mean. Yes, I think that it is necessary get rid of those programs that want us to come back to the poisoned well, so to speak. Also, I don't think that the parents themselves are usually the "poisoned well". This "poisoned well" are the unhealthy dynamics that have been established long ago. If the dynamics can be changed through work on self, setting boundaries and so on - then we are no longer going back to the 'unhealthy' interactions.

Sadly, parents can be the poisoned well, (it's not just an unhealthy dynamic that can be healed) and a concept I feel you are very resistant to.

Again, you are misreading what I said: "I don't think that the parents themselves are usually the "poisoned well". That means that, yes, there can be cases like this.

Arwenn said:
I still dont see the 'advanced helper' & 'lecturing mode' issue, nor do I see any reason for your mentioning your length of time with the forum, anart & being banned/re-instated.

You were the one who brought up the lack of my introduction and someone else replied how long I have been here. I clarified that point.

What I see Arwenn is some sort of emotional drive in you that makes you misread what I said. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that emotional turmoil related to your mother is projected towards me here. In any case, I think you should look into that.

axj said:
I did read your thread, since you also posted a link to it.

Then I hope you can see in retrospect at least, how your advice was inappropriate to her situation as well as possibly damaging if she were to follow your advice or any other reader who may be in a similar situation as her. And why it was suggested to you to increase your knowledge and understanding.

Anyone without having read any of the books mentioned, or who have only read the excerpts that are posted on this forum, can give valuable input, for example from their experiences. There've been many instances like that. Others wait until they chime in, and want to finish a book first before giving any input.

In your case, your ''new and relevant aspect'' was a vague explanation about an energetic bond with the mother, and how someone should try to heal a relationship to keep things balanced. If this is based on your experience, then perhaps you could share that so that others can chime in and share their thoughts. If this is based on material you've read written by experienced psychologists, then perhaps you could share that for the same reason of learning as a network. If this is merely an opinion of yours, then it might help you to read the thread we have on this subject: Opinions. But the question is, are you willing to learn at all here, or is your cup pretty much full?

axj said:
I appreciate the feedback and even though I did not explicitly state it, I worked on healing a couple of things that were initially triggered by Oxajil's response and I continue working on whatever else may come up.

Explicitly stating what you think got triggered and how you worked on healing it could be of some help in understanding where you are coming from, axj.

[quote author=axj]
Nevertheless, I still think that people should be careful not to fall into the "advanced helper" syndrome as a way to avoid dealing with their underlying wounds. It is, in my experience, one of the most common ways the predator tries to lead advanced students astray.
[/quote]

I do not know what an "advanced helper syndrome" is. In this thread, people were sharing what they have learned through personal experience and reading. Your input was regarded as being not specifically applicable to Arwenn's case - so you were called on it.

I would suggest that you read what you have written above carefully considering that it applies to you . Maybe this "advanced helper" thing is in your mind and you are projecting it on others here?

[quote author=axj]

I also think that discussing new and relevant aspects does not necessarily constitute deflecting. In fact, my impression is that there is a tendency by some members here to deflect from the discussion by explicitly or implicitly suggesting that there is a lack of knowledge on the part of whoever suggests something unfamiliar to them.
[/quote]

What you suggested was not unfamiliar - it just did not seem to fit well in this specific situation. No big deal - but your self importance got pricked when this was pointed out to you and you appear unable to get over it. In order to justify yourself and establish that you are right, you pulled up the old "group dynamic" argument as well as "advanced helper" syndrome. Now you seem to scan posts to find the weakest link in the text which you can take and use that to establish your rightness. Others can see it - like others can clearly see someone who has a piece of salad stuck on his teeth but is unaware of it himself. If they point that out, is it "group dynamics" at play?

I would suggest you take a step back and reflect on the input you received in this thread. Make an effort to see how it could be true rather than justifying how you are right. Like you yourself wrote, that is how the "predator's mind" leads people astray. Apply that to yourself instead of other perceived advanced helpers.

Oxajil said:
axj said:
I did read your thread, since you also posted a link to it.

Then I hope you can see in retrospect at least, how your advice was inappropriate to her situation as well as possibly damaging if she were to follow your advice or any other reader who may be in a similar situation as her. And why it was suggested to you to increase your knowledge and understanding.

I don't think that at this point you or anyone can make a clear assessment of whether her mother is indeed a "poisoned well" to be completely avoided. This may or may not be the case. I think Arwenn has some wounds that needed to be healed and this in turn may change how she perceives her mother or how she interacts with her. Again, maybe.

Oxajil said:
In your case, your ''new and relevant aspect'' was a vague explanation about an energetic bond with the mother, and how someone should try to heal a relationship to keep things balanced. If this is based on your experience, then perhaps you could share that so that others can chime in and share their thoughts. If this is based on material you've read written by experienced psychologists, then perhaps you could share that for the same reason of learning as a network. If this is merely an opinion of yours, then it might help you to read the thread we have on this subject: Opinions. But the question is, are you willing to learn at all here, or is your cup pretty much full?

It is both my own experience and it is something that a spiritual teacher I work with said. Unfortunately, things like energetic bonds are not really within the realm of most psychologists and as such are more difficult to verify. It always comes down to personal experience and/or trusted sources.

obyvatel said:
I would suggest you take a step back and reflect on the input you received in this thread. Make an effort to see how it could be true rather than justifying how you are right. Like you yourself wrote, that is how the "predator's mind" leads people astray. Apply that to yourself instead of other perceived advanced helpers.

You are making a general suggestion to reflect on the input I received in this thread. Why do you think that I haven't already done that? There isn't even much of a disagreement in this thread, other than where something was misread.

In discussions like this, it is like damned if you do - damned if you don't. If you don't reply to every post, then you are "choosing the weakest link" and if you do reply then "you are unable to get over it". Reminds me pretty much of how the West treats whatever Russia does.

axj said:
I did read your thread, since you also posted a link to it. Instead of assuming that I didn't and then basing your "out of depth" comment at least partly on that, it would have been easier to simply ask, no? Also, not having read a particular book does not mean that a person does not have the relevant knowledge presented in that book.

In this case, not having read that particular book is evident in your lack of the knowledge it conveys. It's a powerful, needful book for probably everyone.

<snip>

axj said:
Again, you are misreading what I said: "I don't think that the parents themselves are usually the "poisoned well". That means that, yes, there can be cases like this.

Unfortunately, as the referenced text demonstrates quite effectively, parents ARE usually the "poisoned well". How could it be otherwise in a society created and run by psychopaths?

<snip>

axj said:
What I see Arwenn is some sort of emotional drive in you that makes you misread what I said. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that emotional turmoil related to your mother is projected towards me here. In any case, I think you should look into that.

I think you should look into the mirror.

axj said:
I don't think that at this point you or anyone can make a clear assessment of whether her mother is indeed a "poisoned well" to be completely avoided. This may or may not be the case. I think Arwenn has some wounds that needed to be healed and this in turn may change how she perceives her mother or how she interacts with her. Again, maybe.

Most people are not familiar with the work of Gurdjieff and ancient mystics that sought to create understanding among human beings. They don’t understand the idea that objective knowledge exists and can be a goal, and that if it is objective, that means it is understood in the same way by everyone who has achieved it. If ten people look at a cake, taste the cake, know the ingredients of the cake, they can ALL say it is a chocolate cake. The same is true about many things, post-modernism be damned.

And so, when a group has been working on research for a very long time, doing experimentation, getting results, and all are seeing the same thing and tend to respond to particular stimuli the same way, the handiest thing that psychopaths can throw at them is the accusation of “cult” or "group think". Because, of course, the very idea that human beings might actually start to really understand one another, to get over the Babel syndrome, scares psychopaths to death. Their stock in trade is “divide and conquer.” They’ve got the whole human race at each other’s throats and if we don’t figure it out fast and get over it, we are toast.

On this forum, we have a clearly stated Mission which is described in the forum guidelines. At the end, these guidelines state the following:

We the moderators reserve the right to do anything and everything we see fit to ensure a friendly comfortable environment for our guests; that includes deleting you and all of your posts if you break any of these rules or act like a psychological deviant at any time past present or future. Oh yeah people, I said future, Tom Cruise has nothin' on us.

Now, that is stated rather humorously, but there IS a history behind it. The fact is, we, the creators of this forum, that is, Ark and myself and an extensive crew of helpers who worked in private for a long time, have had many, many years of interacting with people in a didactic setting, quite effectively, I should add. I also have many years experience as a hypnotherapist and researcher, mother of five children who have, I should add, turned out very well (the proof and the pudding and all that). I have also conducted an experiment in superluminal communication that has produced extremely interesting results (interesting enough to bring down the ire of the psychopaths on my head!). Ark has been a student of Gurdjieffian ideas for many, many years, as have I. We worked on ourselves separately, and then together, effecting dramatic changes in our personal lives and our expanded reality. We then began sharing the results of our work on the net. This attracted people and we began to help them connect with each other and work on themselves in the same ways that we found gave rapid results. For years, this was done in private in an email discussion group. This work was so threatening to some that we have been under constant attack for all this time and, apparently, even before, if the Cs are to be credited.

The study of psycho-linguistics - how words - spoken and written - reveal a person's inner landscape, is a particular project that QFG has worked on for some time. Our forum is actually an experiment in being able to read people accurately, figure out what they need so they can be helped even via an internet/written communication, and, of course, continuing to protect them from predators by recognizing and removing them.

As Sandra Brown reiterates, you can't fix Cluster B personality disorders, so we don't spend any time on that. We get them out of our forum so those who want to work can do so in peace and safety. It's hard enough without hecklers. And, as Hervey Cleckley points out, psychopaths (and other Cluster Bs) wear a mask of sanity, but we are working on being able to detect them faster and better. And we do have certified professionals onboard in interactive and advisory capacities, so it's not just a bunch of amateurs with wild ideas here. The moderators on our forum have trained in this "school."

Much of Gurdjieff's work has amazing similarities to some of the latest cognitive science and represents a possible nexus between the material and the mystical.

We do NOT use telepathy to "diagnose" anyone. In fact, we don't diagnose: we assess and give our opinions and frame our words and actions based on those assessments. So far, based on the history of this forum, we bat them out of the park almost every time. In short, the historical track record, preserved on this forum for anyone who has the time to find and read the threads, is our primary data that our method of studying "word gestures", semantics, etc, is a viable diagnostic tool. And it is also a valuable healing modality.

Now, you have mentioned your "teacher" and some other "spiritual path". Fine. It's clear that your path doesn't teach you the same things the same way ours does. Please, go back and re-read the forum guidelines and if you feel that you are in the wrong bar (which may be the root of the problem), then no hard feelings... you are welcome to pursue your path where it takes you.

Laura said:
axj said:
I did read your thread, since you also posted a link to it. Instead of assuming that I didn't and then basing your "out of depth" comment at least partly on that, it would have been easier to simply ask, no? Also, not having read a particular book does not mean that a person does not have the relevant knowledge presented in that book.

In this case, not having read that particular book is evident in your lack of the knowledge it conveys. It's a powerful, needful book for probably everyone.

What aspects am I missing?

Laura said:
axj said:

Unfortunately, as the referenced text demonstrates quite effectively, parents ARE usually the "poisoned well". How could it be otherwise in a society created and run by psychopaths?

The almost inevitable childhood wounding and programming - yes, in this respect all parents are a poisoned well. However, as adults it is my experience that it is not usually a case of "going back to the poisoned well" to have a working adult-to-adult relationship with one's parents.

Laura said:
Now, you have mentioned your "teacher" and some other "spiritual path". Fine. It's clear that your path doesn't teach you the same things the same way ours does. Please, go back and re-read the forum guidelines and if you feel that you are in the wrong bar (which may be the root of the problem), then no hard feelings... you are welcome to pursue your path where it takes you.

So what rules have I broken? Is having other teachers somehow against the forum guidelines, or what am I missing here?

Let me add that the other school I am with is also based on Guridjieff's and Castaneda's teachings, so there is not much of a difference there. The big difference and why keep coming back to this forum is that my other school focuses on spiritual self-development and does not analyze the world situation as much. Especially the spread of the information about psychopaths is what I consider to be vital.

How about assuming that most of the members of this forum, particularly mods and ambassadors, have some training and have a clue about what they are doing and suggesting?

I like what Ark says on this topic:

ark said:
There is just one simple reason to besbelieve us. The reason is: do not believe anything. Check everything, check and re-check, and even if it all seems alright, still keep doubts in your mind.

axj said:

ark said:
There is just one simple reason to besbelieve us. The reason is: do not believe anything. Check everything, check and re-check, and even if it all seems alright, still keep doubts in your mind.

Yep, that advice can be helpful if you can also apply it to your own thinking. It seems to me that you have strong beliefs in what you think.

Laura said:
How about assuming that most of the members of this forum, particularly mods and ambassadors, have some training and have a clue about what they are doing and suggesting?

axj said:

ark said:

This may not be the right bar for you, Axj. If you reread the responses you've received, you'll see that there's a concerted effort to point out gaps in your thinking and knowledge base which the sincere seeker would be thankful for and work to fill in. From my perspective, you still seem interested in arguing and justifying yourself which isn't going to allow you to grow beyond your current mindset.

You've also managed to hijack the thread from what it's original topic was about and make it all about you, extending for pages now. Might I suggest a slice of humble pie and a heavy dose of reading. I'd start with the forum guidelines and recommended books.

:read:

Renaissance said:
Yep, that advice can be helpful if you can also apply it to your own thinking. It seems to me that you have strong beliefs in what you think.

Without pointing out what particular 'strong beliefs' you see in what I said, the above is just a general statement with no data to back it up. I hope you see that.

Puck said:
This may not be the right bar for you, Axj. If you reread the responses you've received, you'll see that there's a concerted effort to point out gaps in your thinking and knowledge base which the sincere seeker would be thankful for and work to fill in.

Please point to the specific gaps in my thinking and knowledge that you see. Once again, just stating that "you have a gap of knowledge" without pointing out what you see specifically, that is a general statement with no data to back it up.

In the instances where something specific was pointed out, it turned out that the person simply misread what was said.

Even Laura's statement where she said I lack knowledge presented in "The Narcissistic Family" is only a general statement with no examples or data to back it up, despite my asking. In fact, it seems that she based her assessment on taking what I said out of the context in which it was presented, as you can see here:

axj said:
Laura said:
axj said:

The almost inevitable childhood wounding and programming - yes, in this respect all parents are a poisoned well. However, as adults it is my experience that it is not usually a case of "going back to the poisoned well" to have a working adult-to-adult relationship with one's parents.

We were talking about "going back to the poisoned well" as adults - and in that context parents are not usually a "poisoned well" with whom you cannot have an adult-to-adult relationship.

But you are right, it is getting tiresome to continue this.

axj said:
We were talking about "going back to the poisoned well" as adults - and in that context parents are not usually a "poisoned well" with whom you cannot have an adult-to-adult relationship.

But you are right, it is getting tiresome to continue this.
What is tiresome is your hairsplitting and deflection. If you had read the material you were advised to read you would know that what we are talking about here is not "usually." We're talking specifically about those cases where you cannot have an adult-to-adult relationship.

Back
Top Bottom