preview box is very small

realitybugll

Jedi Council Member
Hi, anyone who could tell me how to fix this it is appreciated. If someone can help me I believe it will greatly reduce errors in my post--I'll explain in a second :D. This would be beneficial to all who read what I write I hope you can understand :D

My preview box--when I click preview, after I have written a post--is very small.

here is a picture of the situation:
image.gif

If the image doesn't show up I attached the picture (also?) hopefully you can view that.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi realitybugll,

I have no idea but could you tell us what browser you are using...Firefox, IE...?

Bohort said:
Hi realitybugll,

I have no idea but could you tell us what browser you are using...Firefox, IE...?

Most probably this is because of the browser realitybugll is using. I have the same problem when i use google chrome (which i prefer for reading the forum since it's faster) , but not with IE.

I'm using Safari and your right it seems to be the problem, because I just switched from firefox about weeks ago and everything was fine then.

I can't really go back to firefox or I wouldn't like to because I connect through the TOR network with firefox.

I guess I will try out some web browsers that are compatible with mac and see what happens with the preview button and find one that works till the problem gets resolved.

Safari is a pretty popular web-browser, I wonder maybe if the problem is not just safari but maybe the problem is compounded by another thing having to do with my computer.

Because, I imagine a lot of people use safari to browse this forum, at least a good majority--and I have not come across another person with this problem so that is strange then.

Also I CAN SCROLL through the box but as you see I have to read my post in the preview box one line at a time.

Hi realitybugll, it appears to be a problem with Safari. I see the same issue on my Mac. I use Firefox without any problems.

What's really strange is that, as far as I can tell, normal posts should render the same as the preview since they use the same CSS.
So, I'm not sure what's going on...

realitybugll said:
Hi, anyone who could tell me how to fix this it is appreciated. If someone can help me I believe it will greatly reduce errors in my post--I'll explain in a second :D. This would be beneficial to all who read what I write I hope you can understand :D

My preview box--when I click preview, after I have written a post--is very small.

here is a picture of the situation:
image.gif

If the image doesn't show up I attached the picture (also?) hopefully you can view that.

As Nicholas already wrote, it's a Safari glitch. Best thing is, to use both browsers FF and Safari, at least that's what I'm doing.

There can be also another glitch to be find in Safari: when browsing the www.cassiopedia.org page (where a window is all the time on top of the page)

realitybugll said:
Because, I imagine a lot of people use safari to browse this forum, at least a good majority--and I have not come across another person with this problem so that is strange then.

Nope ;), it has already been talked about, but it's a longer time ago.
As far as I remember some people using the two-browser-solution, as mentioned above.

Gawan said:
realitybugll said:

Nope ;), it has already been talked about, but it's a longer time ago.
As far as I remember some people using the two-browser-solution, as mentioned above.

Yes, just fyi, Safari is notorious for having lots of issues as a browser - with all sorts of web pages. I switched to FireFox years ago and never looked back.

Gawan said:

Most of the time , i am using IE but when i have problems with IE, i switch to Firefox.

I do not use Firefox as my default browser because it is a lot slower than IE.

anart said:
Yes, just fyi, Safari is notorious for having lots of issues as a browser - with all sorts of web pages. I switched to FireFox years ago and never looked back.

While Safari has a few little minor bugs from time to time (can't say I've noticed anything major in my years of using it), the only browser that is notorious for "lots of issues" is Microsoft's Internet Explorer. I've coded several webpages over the years, and let me tell you, it is a nightmare getting some of the pages to look right in Explorer!!! (and which look perfect in all other browsers).

Back
Top Bottom