Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

La grippe aviaire en France
Since August 2021, numerous outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) have been detected in wildlife or on farms in Europe. The health authorities of many Member States (Netherlands, Germany, Italy...) have notified outbreaks in poultry farms (turkeys and broilers, laying hens). Thirty-six countries are now affected by the epizootic throughout the European continent.
Learn more about the situation in Europe
France has not been spared. A first outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza was detected on November 26 in a commercial layer farm in the Nord department.
On December 16, an outbreak of H5N1 was confirmed in a duck farm in the Gers department, the first outbreak in the southwest since the beginning of this new episode. Several departments in the South-West were then affected, with numerous cases in the Landes and the Atlantic Pyrenees, in particular.
While the situation was beginning to stabilize in the South-West, HPAI outbreaks have strongly increased in the Pays de la Loire region since the end of February.
Two departments (Vendée and Loire-Atlantique) have experienced a rapid spread of the HPAI virus and the Pays de la Loire region has recorded a number of outbreaks equivalent to more than double that of the southwest. The progression continues in the West of France but seems to slow down.
A new area of infection has developed since the end of March in the Lot, Dordogne and Corrèze regions, which has recorded more than 100 outbreaks to date.
South-West
In the absence of new outbreaks in the region, restocking under strict conditions has been possible since March 29 in the regulated area of the South-West. A sanitation period of 3 weeks has been imposed before the animals are put back in place under surveillance. A clinical visit must be carried out 21 days after the introduction of the animals by the health veterinarian of the farm.
Pays de la Loire
Very strict measures have been taken to protect hatcheries and breeding farms, which are numerous in this region, with the establishment of a restricted zone of 20 km around the outbreaks. A "firebreak" zone was also set up to limit the spread of the virus to Brittany by reducing the density of duck farms in a 10 km strip.
Number of outbreaks and confirmed cases in France
As of April 29, 2022, France has 1,364 outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in farms, 46 cases in wildlife and 30 cases in backyard flocks.
To consult
Avian influenza - Number of outbreaks and cases in France (29/04/2022) (PDF, 580.02 Ko)
List of municipalities in protection and surveillance zones (PDF format) (PDF, 1.82 Mo)
The list of communes in protection and surveillance zones (Excel format) (XLSX, 92.54 Ko)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Those planes hitting the processing plants, though...

Is that fake news? Or real - but accidental? Are small planes also being serviced less regularly? And would the PTB really arrange to have small planes kamikaze food plants?
Do small planes have possibility for remote takeover as do big planes and newer cars? Another possibility is for having had mind or health controlled agents flying them.
FWIW - from whatreallyhappened.com

US NAVY JAG - SETS MILITARY TO ARREST TOM VILSACK

1651526286574.png

1651526171289.png

1651526662110.png

1651526927147.png

1651526789785.png

Fantasy or fact - wait and see.

Real Raw News isn’t something I’d trust. It’s geared toward the QAnon crowd who believe that there’s a secret military operation saving us. The same guys who planned things like Operation Northwoods, 9/11 and countless other murders will suddenly be our saviors….

Real Raw News isn’t something I’d trust. It’s geared toward the QAnon crowd who believe that there’s a secret military operation saving us. The same guys who planned things like Operation Northwoods, 9/11 and countless other murders will suddenly be our saviors….
Yeah, the "white hats don't trust the Justice Department" made it suspect right there. Nevertheless, it's possible remote controlled planes were utilized particularly if those emails attributed to Vilsack are legit. Think I'll check my magic 🎱 for confirmation. :-P

Ukraine "crisis" real goal...???

WAR IN UKRAINE | DISPATCH

Food crisis looms as landmines litter Ukraine farmer’s fields​

Farmers, already hard hit, are facing a deadly new peril​

"When Valeriy Zhivaga’s potato field exploded two days ago, nobody saw it coming. He and his wife, Lyudmila, had walked there countless times with their dogs. His brother, Oleg, had already driven his tractor over it repeatedly while ploughing it in preparation for planting. But as he finished the job in the early afternoon of Wednesday, the village of Makovysche was shaken by a boom.
“It broke the window in the sauna,” Valeriy said. “I had no idea what it was.” He ran out to see his brother, staggering, deafened and reeling beside the smoking ruins of his tractor. A Russian anti-tank mine had exploded beneath its front right wheel. It had sheared the vehicle in half and propelled tractor fragments in every direction."

Food crisis looms as landmines litter Ukraine farmer’s fields
Note it's from "The Times" so the mines are Russians...off course :whistle:

Perth residents with jobs, mortgages turn to charities like Foodbank, Anglicare for help

Key points:​

• Charities say there is a growing cohort of "working poor" as more people with jobs and mortgages struggle to pay for food and housing
  • Community groups and the real estate industry were part of a meeting to brainstorm urgent solutions in Perth on Tuesday
  • The WA government did not respond directly when asked if it would consider financial support in response to the rental crisis but pointed to the election budget.

Inflation not only took the headlines for the Easter holiday, but also dominated everyday spending. The April 2022 IRI survey of primary shoppers found that 90% of consumers believe food prices are somewhat or a lot higher than last year, of whom 96% are concerned about it. This includes 53% who are "extremely" concernedthe first time this number has moved past half of the population. This compares to 23% of consumers being extremely concerned over coronavirus in this same survey — meaning inflation has a far greater grip on the nation’s food spending than COVID-19 at this point in time.

90% of Americans don't agree on anything! Except rising food costs apparently. Note that concern for rising food costs is considerably higher then covid at this point. Quite a remarkable tipping point.

Looks like there is a diesel shortage forming up in the NE USA and Eastern USA...

I've recently started listening to some of this guy's videos. He has done his career and owns a business in trucking, logistics, freight, etc. This is his take on why the shortage in the NE USA is happening:

If you are in the NE USA and Eastern US, I would recommend watching this situation closely... the worst it gets with diesel the more life starts to shut down in all capacities in terms of commerce, transportation, supply chain, etc. If it was me and had the means, I'd be buying things for the worst...

And some background on diesel from William Engdahl - NATO Sanctions and the Coming Global Diesel Fuel Disaster | New Eastern Outlook

INVESTIGATION INTO THE INFANT FORMULA 'SHORTAGE' AND SUGGESTIONS

Short video, but very good. Looks realistically at breastfeeding vs formula...and the unrealistic chatter online. Plus suggestions for both decisions on how to feed your baby.

Plus, the implications of suspicious activity surrounding the shortage:

This article is from today:
GOP rep says illegal migrants sent ‘pallets’ of hard-to-find baby formula

Pallets of baby formula are being sent to holding facilities at the border amid a shortage that has seen many parents unable to find it at their local stores, according to a GOP representative.

"They are sending pallets, pallets of baby formula to the border," Rep. Kat Cammack, R-Fla., said in a video posted to Facebook Wednesday. "Meanwhile, in our own district at home, we cannot find baby formula."

...."I don't know about you, but if I am a mother, anywhere anytime in America, and I go to my local Walmart or Target or Publix or Safeway or Kroger or wherever it may be that you shop and you are seeing their shelves and you are seeing signs that you are not able to get baby formula," she said. "And then you see the American government sending by the pallet thousands and thousands of containers of baby formula to the border, that would make my blood boil."

How terrible, I can imagine the pain and despair of a mother not having this baby food alternative, I personally and many other women who do not produce enough breast milk naturally to feed a baby, formula is an alternative supplement to at least make sure the baby is going to be okay until they start solid food or purees.

On the other hand I think those of us before and around 40's, I think we live in a time of too much "abundance" in some sense, it makes me think of those who born inter-war generations more mentally adapted to hard times.
My mother grew up on a farm, her father sold cattle for living in central Mexico and my grandmother had 9 children, and my mother used to tell me how her mother when she didn't have enough breast milk made a mixture of cow's milk and tea.
I am not sure if the above is safe or healthy for a baby (although my 8 uncles survived infancy), what strikes me is that today most of us depend on what we can buy in a supermarket, this is about to change sooner rather than later.

Plus, the implications of suspicious activity surrounding the shortage:
That was an interesting, short video, Zzartemis. After reading the latest posts in this thread I went to Twitter and found the same bit of information about artificial breast milk:

And the video also discusses wet nurses which is also discussed in our beloved romance novels. I didn't know there was a modern version of a wet nurse like a milk bank. It could help out some desperate mothers.

According to an agrometeorologist* on Twitter, wheat just passed 400 € /tonne for the first time, he notes the war in Ukraine and the continuing drought conditions in some parts of Europe:

To add, this tidbit that i came across recently about some of China's food reserves:

In December, an official with China's National Food and Strategic Reserves Administration said the country still had enough wheat stockpiled to meet demand for 1.5 years. Fitch Ratings says China had enough rice to meet 103% of annual demand at the end of last year.

*Wiki: Agrometeorology is the study of weather and use of weather and climate information to enhance or expand agricultural crops or to increase crop production.

Last edited:

Things are heating up in Iran. You can see the blame of Russia in the article, and the nebulous 'global supply chain snarls'. Later down in the article, ABC addresses the real culprits - lockdowns, the long-standing sanctions against Iran, or NATO's expansion and arming of Ukronazis! Just kidding. They don't do that.

I wonder if there are sleeper cell agents in certain countries like Iran, waiting for crises like these.

Iran raises prices of food staples, stirring panic and anger​

Iran has abruptly raised prices as much as 300% for a variety of staples like oil, chicken, milk and eggs

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Iran abruptly raised prices as much as 300% for a variety of staples such as cooking oil, chicken, eggs and milk on Thursday. Scores of alarmed Iranians waited in long lines to snatch up bundles of food and emptied supermarket shelves across the country in the hours before the price hike took effect.

Panicked shoppers raided stores and stuffed basic goods into large plastic bags, according to footage shared widely on social media. Lines in Tehran snaked out of grocery stores late Wednesday. On Thursday, Iran’s currency dropped to a low of 300,000 rial to the dollar.

Internet disruptions were reported across Iran as the government braced for possible unrest, advocacy group NetBlocks.org said. Protests appeared to spring up in the remote and impoverished south, according to videos shared online. The Associated Press could not verify their authenticity but the footage corresponded to reported events.

The scenes revealed not only deep anxiety gripping the country and frustration with Iran's leaders, but also underscored the staggering economic and political challenges facing them.

Food prices across the Middle East have surged due to global supply chain snarls and Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which both export many essentials. Iran imports half of its cooking oil from Ukraine, where fighting has kept many farmers from the fields.

Although Iran produces roughly half of its own wheat, it imports much of the rest from Russia. The war has added to inflationary pressures. Smuggling of Iran's highly subsidized bread into neighboring Iraq and Afghanistan has spiked as hunger spreads across the region.

Drought is already ravaging Iran's economy. Western sanctions over Iran's nuclear deal have caused additional difficulties. Inflation has soared to nearly 40%, the highest level since 1994. Youth unemployment also remains high. Some 30% of Iranian households are below the poverty line, reports Iran's Statistics Center.

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has promised to create jobs, lift sanctions and rescue the economy, but talks to revive Iran's tattered nuclear deal with world powers remain deadlocked. Iranian families have seen their purchasing power rapidly diminish.

The government is trying to act swiftly to blunt the pain. Authorities have promised to pay every Iranian citizen some $14 a month to compensate for the price hikes.

The cost of special and artisan breads, such as French baguette and sandwich bread, has multiplied by 10, bakery owners say. But authorities are careful not to touch subsidies on the country's flatbread, which contributes more to the Iranians' daily diet than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom