Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

currently I live in a condo with an HOA. So no animals grazing in the common areas . YET......🤣

Few years ago I read a book about agriculture and there was an interesting quote. Currently the crop which takes the highest amount of energy and resources and water to grow in US of A is...wait for it...grass!!!
Yep, apparently this goes as far as 250 years back to the culture English nobility of mansions and parks. People can be living in trailers, but they will have a mower tractor and grass up front will be manicured with a uniform cut and babied (not even one kind wrong weed growing) to resemble a golf course. Talk about programming :-)

I feel for you. HOA regulations can take a lot of joy out of a person. Since this already is an issue for a lot of people, the way out can be a pair of breeding rabbits. As long as you have a covered patio, rabbits are quiet, and their by-product can be used as a soil and fertilizer right away for your house plants or balcony growns potatoes in 5 gal buckets. I would not go for the biggest breeds, but something middle size like New Zealanders will keep your protein needs covered.

I feel for you. HOA regulations can take a lot of joy out of a person. Since this already is an issue for a lot of people, the way out can be a pair of breeding rabbits. As long as you have a covered patio, rabbits are quiet, and their by-product can be used as a soil and fertilizer right away for your house plants or balcony growns potatoes in 5 gal buckets. I would not go for the biggest breeds, but something middle size like New Zealanders will keep your protein needs covered.
Yea, I really want to sell and move, but my husband is not as in a rush about it as I am. It's funny you mention rabbits. They have been my favorite animal since childhood and I have owned them in the past. I had considered breeding them as a food source for my cats, but this would be really tough for me to not get attached and have to butcher them regularly. Also, I don't think rabbits are a great fallback food option for lean times:
Over consuming lean protein like rabbits, when there is a shortage of fat in the environment can lead to protein poisoning.

325389068_561273862734221_1927708841853639807_n.jpg

Over consuming lean protein like rabbits, when there is a shortage of fat in the environment can lead to protein poisoning.

Funny. I was just thinking about this.

From the Protein Poisoning (aka: rabbit starvation) wiki which has a few other interesting examples:
The reported symptoms include initial nausea and fatigue, followed by diarrhea and ultimately death.[4]
In Appian's Roman History, Volume I, Book VI: The Wars in Spain, Chapter IX, page 223, the author notes a multitude of Roman soldiers dying of severe diarrhea after eating mostly rabbits while besieging the city Intercatia in approx 150 B.C. Appian wrote:

"... strange terror in the Roman camp. Their soldiers were sick from watching and want of sleep, and because of the unaccustomed food which the country afforded. They had no wine, no salt, no vinegar, no oil, but lived on wheat and barley, and quantities of venison and rabbits' flesh boiled without salt, which caused dysentery, from which many died." [5]

From this article, there are a few other examples as well as this:

If you look at the foods most prized by the mountain men of the 19th century, you see their consideration of the protein poisoning phenomenon. Beaver tail, which is essentially a thick slab of fat, is a delicacy and a prize of the highest order. In addition, black bear was the preferred red meat source of frontier America, not venison. This was because black bears carry a much larger portion of delicious fat than deer. If you find yourself in a survival situation where food is scarce, it’s important to remember that lean protein alone won’t keep you alive, especially if your body is expending a lot of energy to keep you warm.

Although this isn't a shortage, per se, I just want to show a current example of what's being called 'shrinkflation', which is the practice of reducing the amount of a product while still being sold at the same price. It's also known as The Grocery Shrink Ray: "Manufacturers perform these reductions to reduce their own costs but do not pass any savings on to the customer."

Last week at The Real Canadian Superstore, I noticed the shelf tag for the bags of salmon (on the right, that have been on sale for years) had a 'DNO' (Do Not Order) alert on them. The shelf sat empty for about a week an I thought it was a product that was being discontinued. But today, they are back (bag on the left). Notice the weight difference but the price didn't change. It's highway robbery, I tell ya.

Superstore Salmon Shrinkflation (resize).jpg

Funny. I was just thinking about this.

From the Protein Poisoning (aka: rabbit starvation) wiki which has a few other interesting examples:

From this article, there are a few other examples as well as this:
Idk if the food pyramid is still presented as in times past, but one third of your diet was suggested to be of fat.

Yeah, I love the taste but rabbit and venison have no fat! I've eaten black bear before and could not stand the taste. However, groundhog, which is also fatty (as another hibernating animal) makes a tasty stew...

Source

Pacific islands urge Japan to delay release of nuclear plant waste water

January 19, 2023 — 4.37am

Pacific island nations are urging Japan to delay the release of water from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant over fears fisheries will be contaminated.
The Pacific Island Forum (PIF), a regional bloc of 17 island nations, argues the release of the water, which was used to coll down melted fuel, could have a major impact on fishing grounds that island economies rely on, and where up to half of the world’s tuna is sourced.

....snip...

“We look forward to the government of Japan’s continued coordination with the IAEA as it monitors the effectiveness of this approach,” the official added, referring to the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Japan’s Foreign Ministry has previously said that regulators deemed it safe to release the water, which would be filtered to remove most isotopes but would still contain traces of tritium, an isotope of hydrogen hard to separate from water.

About Tritium

"Naturally occurring tritium is extremely rare on Earth. The atmosphere has only trace amounts, formed by the interaction of its gases with cosmic rays
. It can be produced artificially by irradiating lithium metal or lithium-bearing ceramic pebbles in a nuclear reactor and is a low-abundance byproduct in normal operations of nuclear reactor"

"...This identified that the March 2016 holding of tritium on-site was 760 TBq (equivalent to 2.1 g of tritium or 14 mL of pure tritiated water) in a total of 860,000 m3 of stored water. This report also identified the reducing concentration of tritium in the water extracted from the buildings etc. for storage, seeing a factor of ten decrease over the five years considered (2011–2016), 3.3 MBq/L to 0.3 MBq/L (after correction for the 5% annual decay of tritium).

According to a report by an expert panel considering the best approach to dealing with this issue, "Tritium could be separated theoretically, but there is no practical separation technology on an industrial scale. Accordingly, a controlled environmental release is said to be the best way to treat low-tritium-concentration water."[22] After a public information campaign sponsored by the Japanese government, the gradual release into the sea of the tritiated water will start in 2023. The process will take "decades" to complete.[23] China reacted with protest."

Officially approved by the EU: Four insects hiding in your food
EU citizens who do not want to unknowingly eat insects should be particularly careful: The EU Commission has already approved four types of insects in different forms as "edible insects".

The most recent approval was on January 5: From now on, after mealworms, grasshoppers and crickets, the grain mold beetle can also be used as an ingredient in foods such as bread, soups, pasta, snacks, peanut butter and chocolate products.
The executive order 2023/58 of January 5 allows "Ynsect NL BV" from the Netherlands to bring larvae of Alphitobius diaperinus (grain mold beetle) in frozen, paste, dried and powdered form as a new food to EU citizens. The list of food categories in which the larvae can be used as an ingredient in most processed foods.
  • Granola bars
  • Bread and bread rolls
  • Processed cereals and breakfast cereals
  • Porridge
  • Premixes (dry) for bakery products
  • Dried pasta products
  • Stuffed pasta products
  • Whey powder
  • Soups
  • Cereal-based dishes, pasta
  • Pizza-based dishes
  • Pasta
  • Snacks
  • Chips
  • Crackers and breadsticks
  • Peanut butter
  • Ready-to-eat savory sandwiches
  • Meat preparations
  • Meat analogues
  • Milk and milk product analogues
  • Chocolate products

I posted the following elsewhere in August of 2022. I'm not sure if some or any came from this board, or if I obtained it from telegram boards....nonetheless it bears repeating:

"From 1 January 2018 came into force Regulation (EU) 2015/2238 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015, introducing the concept of “novel foods”, including insects and their parts. In this context, the unfathomable issue is the role of edible insects in transmitting parasitic diseases that can cause significant losses in their breeding and may pose a threat to humans and animals.

'The aim of this study was to identify and evaluate the developmental forms of parasites colonizing edible insects in household farms and pet stores in Central Europe and to determine the potential risk of parasitic infections for humans and animals. Parasites were detected in 244 out of 300 examined insect farms. In 206 of the cases, the identified parasites were pathogenic for insects only; in 106 cases, parasites were potentially parasitic for animals; and in 91 cases, parasites were potentially pathogenic for humans."

Edible insects are an underestimated reservoir of human and animal parasites.'

SOURCE

-4907049425180928774_121-22.jpg
⬆️
I've included a lot of the links she shared on the topic below. The last link takes you to the tweet with more in the comments.

The new normal goes incognito via transients!

Thieves set fire inside metro Atlanta stores, Walmart, Target, to steal
Jan 25, 2023 11Alive

Wednesday, January 25, 2023
The outbreak of damaging fires at U.S. food production plants in recent years has generated headlines and plenty of questions.

In an interview posted to the social media website Rumble this week, Dr. Andrew Huff, an epidemiologist with a background in what he described as “bioterrorism and agri-terrorism,” suggested an answer to what’s behind the outbreak.

And for Americans accustomed to living in relative peace and a land of plenty, it won’t be comforting.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12-57-26 Rainmaker on Twitter.png
Besides being a scientist, Huff’s personal biography bio states he is a combat veteran who served in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

He is best known recently as the former vice president of the research group EcoHealth Alliance and author of the book “The Truth About Wuhan: How I Uncovered the Biggest Lie in History,” which argues that the COVID-19 pandemic resulted from a “genetically engineered agent” leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan, China.

That conclusion was considered official heresy in the early days of the pandemic, but the “lab leak theory” has never gone away.

Huff’s take on the destruction at food processing plants in the U.S. and around the world is just as explosive.

In an interview with Emerald Robinson, a journalist with the conservative RAIR Foundation (Rise Align Ignite Reclaim), on her podcast “The Absolute Truth with Emerald Robinson,” Huff said the spate of suspicious fires matches up eerily well with government data he’d accessed while working on his Ph.D.

He said the information was compiled in a document called “FASCAT” or Food and Ag Sector Criticality Assessment Tool. He used the document in later work, which basically amounted to studying a “roadmap to attacking critical infrastructure in the United States.”

In 2019, that data went missing, Huff told Robinson.

Even though the fires have not been attributed to any specific cause, Huff has no hesitation about using the word “attacks” to describe them.

“There’s been a number of attacks,” Huff told Robinson. “I think, globally, there’s been, probably, roughly around 200 attacks. In the United States and Mexico, I think there’s been somewhere between 130 to 150 attacks now.”

When he analyzed the details of the incidents in comparison to the “most critical systems” of the country’s food production, he said, “it’s a perfect match.”

“I had never seen something so predicted or such a strong correlation in my life,” he said.

He told Robinson that he reported the findings to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, but “never received a response back, if you can believe that.”

It’s important to note that Huff said this was taking place while he was tussling with the government over his refusal to back away from the “lab leak” theory about COVID-19.

“This is while the harassment was going on that I’ve experienced and all the crimes the government is committing against me,” Huff told Robinson.

Robinson, a journalist who has interviewed figures like retired Army Gen. Michael Flynn, was intrigued.

“The coincidences are just uncanny,” she said.

“With so many attacks, by now, wouldn’t the government have found who it was?”

“If there was an effort to do so, and if it’s not … you know, I don’t even know how to put it. Would they not have found the perpetrator if it was outside of, you know, some coordinated entity?”

Huff was more direct. Though he said he did not think the U.S. government was involved — “I don’t believe that. I don’t want to believe that” — Huff suggested a “coordinated entity” was exactly the agent behind the incidents. The data that was collected, he noted, was not “classified,” so could have been accessed by an individual or group that wanted to follow the “roadmap” for attacks.

“My belief is that a state-sponsored actor, or a group of people … got a hold of these data and basically working with a number of groups who are aligned against the United States to attack our infrastructure.”

Huff called the agriculture system vulnerable to attacks, both physical and cyber, and said the FBI and the food industry itself has looked into what he called “terrorist attacks,” but with no result.

“If one food facility burnt down, you could say, that was just … you know, random. If it was 10, you could say that was random, too.

“But the … targeted nature of these food facilities and how they correlate with these data that were stolen, this is obviously someone who is well resourced doing this, someone who knows what they’re doing.

“They could have generated the assessment or the analysis on their own, independently. I think that would be very difficult and highly unlikely, so there’s definitely a state-sponsored actor or a group of well-sponsored individuals who are doing this.

“It could be both, and they could be aligned.”

Eggs become the new gold!

Edible Flowers, Amish Meat Prices and the USD is Going Away
Jan 22, 2023

Back
Top Bottom