Possible trip to France

Third_Density_Resident

Jedi Council Member
I have the opportunity to visit relatives in France quite soon. However I am a very nervous traveller who hasn't been overseas for ten years and I am not sure whether this is a wise decision, what with Ebola and other earth change matters, including strange aviation happenings (you know what I'm talking about). Not to mention airports and all their horrible security restrictions. What do people in France (and I guess other European countries) think? (I'm from Australia by the way.)

On another (possibly related) note, I noticed these travel forums are relatively quiet. Is this because no one travels any more?

It sounds a little like you're over-worrying about it, which I can definitely relate to. :)

Since you're mentioning Ebola, if you've been training your immune system with diet and cold showers, as Gawan pointed out, that should give you enough protection, but ultimately, only you can make that choice.

My blink on how you wrote your post however is that it might mainly be about a general nervousness/anxiety, and the reasons you bring up for not traveling (Ebola, strange aviation happenings, stressful security restrictions at airports) sound like they're being unconsciously used to both explain (=form a narrative) and exacerbate your nervousness.

But I could be off, and it's true that traveling in these times does have its risks, like, let's face it, everything new/unknown in life. Personally, next to contemplating the programs triggered at the prospect of making the journey, I'd weigh the pros and cons, also including how important it is for you to make this visit. One perspective to remember is that it's an adventure, new things to see and experience, as well as stepping out of one's comfort zone, fwiw.

See this as a new adventure, think about how difficult in the last beginning century it was to travel but people took the risk, it was fun and at the same time difficult but amazing, adventurous., it is always fun to travel, it is the perfect occasion to learn something new about yourself, about others, and if you are very nervous and I can understand you, take with you the Rescue Remedy of Dr. Bach, that helps a lot let me tell you! And with Ebola in the air (metaphorically speaking) it can be very interesting to study how people feel, how they check for Ebola in the airports, etc.

Sometimes it is scary to travel, the change seems grandiose. Maybe too much. I wish you good luck and if you travel, have a nice travel. Bon voyage.

If you do decide to go make sure you load up on vitamin C before, after (and during if you can.) This is in addition to the keto diet and cold protocols as well as :cool2:

I'm feeling a little iffy about plane travel. Not just because of Ebola, mind you, but because of all the hysteria surrounding it as well as the security theater that is taking place so I understand your nervousness. On the other hand, I sometimes think that this may be nearing the end times for traveling period and if an opportunity presents itself to see relatives at this time it should be taken.

Or maybe, I'm just being morbid.

Gawan said:
People still travel in the world and so far there is no travel ban that I'm aware of. Have you considered diet changes and cold adaption to improve your immune system yet?

I am following the Paleo diet. As for cold adaptation, yes I am doing that too, however where I live at this time of year, I'm pretty sure the shower water temperature is between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius! (That's not to say I still don't like doing them -- I've never been one for even mildly cold water!)

Aiming said:
It sounds a little like you're over-worrying about it, which I can definitely relate to. :)

Since you're mentioning Ebola, if you've been training your immune system with diet and cold showers, as Gawan pointed out, that should give you enough protection, but ultimately, only you can make that choice.

My blink on how you wrote your post however is that it might mainly be about a general nervousness/anxiety, and the reasons you bring up for not traveling (Ebola, strange aviation happenings, stressful security restrictions at airports) sound like they're being unconsciously used to both explain (=form a narrative) and exacerbate your nervousness.

But I could be off, and it's true that traveling in these times does have its risks, like, let's face it, everything new/unknown in life. Personally, next to contemplating the programs triggered at the prospect of making the journey, I'd weigh the pros and cons, also including how important it is for you to make this visit. One perspective to remember is that it's an adventure, new things to see and experience, as well as stepping out of one's comfort zone, fwiw.

Yes I have a nervous disposition. I need to practice EE more regularly, as I have become slack lately. Those excuses I gave are *indeed* being used to explain AND exacerbate my anxiety -- you're spot on there. Regarding importance -- well these relatives have been begging me to visit for quite some years now. Although they regularly visit Australia, I have never seen where they live and would love to very much. I also feel like I am too insular living in the same place for too long and not travelling so it would be a good "comfort zone-expanding" exercise, or so I feel. Yes you mentioned the comfort zone, I only just realised!

loreta said:
See this as a new adventure, think about how difficult in the last beginning century it was to travel but people took the risk, it was fun and at the same time difficult but amazing, adventurous., it is always fun to travel, it is the perfect occasion to learn something new about yourself, about others, and if you are very nervous and I can understand you, take with you the Rescue Remedy of Dr. Bach, that helps a lot let me tell you! And with Ebola in the air (metaphorically speaking) it can be very interesting to study how people feel, how they check for Ebola in the airports, etc.

Sometimes it is scary to travel, the change seems grandiose. Maybe too much. I wish you good luck and if you travel, have a nice travel. Bon voyage.

Must get some of that Rescue Remedy, sounds like it could be a useful thing for me. Thanks for your other words of support.

Odyssey said:
If you do decide to go make sure you load up on vitamin C before, after (and during if you can.) This is in addition to the keto diet and cold protocols as well as :cool2:

I'm feeling a little iffy about plane travel. Not just because of Ebola, mind you, but because of all the hysteria surrounding it as well as the security theater that is taking place so I understand your nervousness. On the other hand, I sometimes think that this may be nearing the end times for traveling period and if an opportunity presents itself to see relatives at this time it should be taken.

Or maybe, I'm just being morbid.

Yes I have started to load up on pure pharmaceutical-grade ascorbic acid. I too feel similar about the end times of plane travel. I thought to myself that in a year's time, Ebola may be so rampant that air travel will be a thing of the past for the majority of citizens! So perhaps go now while it's still possible.

Gawan said:
People still travel in the world and so far there is no travel ban that I'm aware of. Have you considered diet changes and cold adaption to improve your immune system yet?

Yeah, look how many flights are in the ski's today, not a word of issues.
http://www.flightradar24.com/43.6,1.43/7

Gawan has shared what could be the best treatment of your fears, and that it is all about you, and your own body's chemistry for the front line of defense.

PS. Avoid all foods on the plane there anti protection. :evil:

c.a. said:
Gawan said:

Gawan has shared what could be the best treatment of your fears, and that it is all about you, and your own body's chemistry for the front line of defense.

Thank you c.a. Reassuring! Yes that plane food can be nasty.

3D Resident said:
c.a. said:
Gawan said:

Thank you c.a. Reassuring! Yes that plane food can be nasty.

Actually, 3D unless you're going to fly on a budget carrier, you can request for gluten-free/organic meals on most full-frill international airlines...and I'd reckon you wouldn't even dream of flying budget for 20+ hours from Oz to France! ;)

Back
Top Bottom