Possible Sasquatch in Squamish BC?

Paragon

Jedi Council Member
After being inspired by watching an interview with David Paulides on his Missing 411 books, I stumbled across this interesting video, apparently shot in Squamish BC, in Canada. It shows a strange black figure moving up a mountain valley in the snow and the thing that struck me the most, was the pace of the figure, as it proceeded up the seemingly steep slope.

Here is the youtube link and description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYz9L_jl-0Q&spfreload=10

Proceeds from ad revenue from this video will be used for a BC based conservation organization.

To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email licensing@storyful.com

This video was only uploaded for the benefit of a couple of friends, we had no intention for it to gather the interest it has. We are not claiming this to be anything other than a strange encounter based on some of the reasons below:

1) We were able to view the subject much better than what the video portrays as it was just a simple point and shoot camera. Contrast was excellent due to the snow behind the subject.

2) The subject was clearly bipedal and was without snowshoes or a backpack and wearing all one coloured clothing. Movement over this kind of terrain in soft snow without snowshoes would have been very difficult and the distance traveled over the given time period would have been very fast for a human without proper snow travel gear.

3) There was a very steep drop off below where the video was shot, easily a 300m sheer face. We were not equipped with climbing gear and a descent around would have been impossible before nightfall to be able to try to pursue the subject.

4) We have encountered bears on the approach to this summit in the past, this video is most definitely not showing a bear or any other wild animal.

5) Perhaps the most reasonable explanation for this video is a very ill prepared hiker, hiking up a difficult section of snowline as opposed to a much easier route, one who is very physically fit and able to cover ground in unusually quick fashion and must have had very large feet as we were breaking through snow crust in just our boots.

The thing that seems to be a possible red flag is the mentioning of where the AD revenue will be funded towards. I don't know, maybe it is just me, but it could indicate motive for a 'hoax'.

My personal view of it, is that I was surprised by the speed of the figure moving up the mountain and couldn't see how a human could manage the ground in that time, especially when it seems like one moment the figure is in one spot and the next, it is quite a bit further up the hill. That could indicate some kind of video editing of some sort, but I admit I have no idea about that stuff or indeed, anything to do with mountain hiking.

Any thoughts?

It could always be CGI but I don't get that impression from this. Seems about as legit as it's possible for these kinds of videos to be these days.

I think this is one of those " in the right moment at the right time " type of thing, because this looks very much real to me, as I recall the C's have said the you can find those creatures on high mountain ridges. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom