POETS FOR TODAY

The last one, one can't deny he's a good poet

Merci MAAT! There is so much good writing out there that never gets read, let's make a difference on this thread! I think that we can excuse some of our allies for skipping town before the storm: FOR TODAY! It would be impossible not to include Leonard Cohen, for example: (sorry for the ads w the clips) Do a search, this man was a beacon onto the music scene as a writer:

"Dance Me To The End Of Love"

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove
Dance me to the end of love
Oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone
Let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon
Show me slowly what I only know the limits of

Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on
Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long
We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above

Dance me to the children who are asking to be born
Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn
Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic till I'm gathered safely in
Touch me with your naked hand, touch me with your glove
Dance me to the end of love -

Leonard Cohen, all rights reserved

This clip was made after his passing by his son and co:

A YOUNG-ISH BRITISH POET whose work I truly enjoy: SCROOBIUS PIP: (RAP and foul language sometimes) Dominic, our son turned me on to this like 15 years ago and the lad has sky rocketed and reached a huge audience with some pretty sensible poetry (not these 2 necessarily - just in a hurry) FABULOUS VIDEO CLIPS CREATED WITH NEARLY NO BUDGET - this is the trend for the future: do everything with your own hands and NO budgets!!! Creativity at it's best!

Personally I thought this one was OFF, but hey, we all have bad days:

Last edited by a moderator:
DOMINIQUE LE BARS - french (Bretagne) poet in his late fifties. Accomplished composer and musician working without a safety net delivers a poignant cry of the heart to our children and their children about the SCREEN WARS (Guerre des Écrans) imposed on us by the Silicon Valley moguls. His musical work ranges from piano works ro Rock songs. Talented and determined to give it all he's got even knowing that we - as independent musical acts - will do what we do "envers et contre tout"; against all odds.

IMRE LODBROG (Sébastien Régnier) was somewhat of a star during the 70's in France. Then he went silent and has re-emerged at age 60, (1st video below) with his new persona some years back. Poet, composer. musician, globetrotter, he now lives in New York State with his partner: Barbara Browning. They have toured the globe over the past decade sharing their wonderful music and energy. SONGS IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH. Here are some of their video clips/ songs (INCREDIBLE WHAT WE CAN CREATE WITHOUT BUDGETS AND PRIVATE PLANES):

IMRE LODBROG - REAR VIEW WINDOW

https://youtu.be/obDDJw6MaLE

https://youtu.be/wjFZDQ3Mj9g

IMRE LODBROG - HIGH

Short docu style video on the phenomena of their coming together as a team of life partners, between France and New York!

Ch. 1: Who the Hell is Imre Lodbrog

N.B.: In April of 2016. they came to visit us in Montreal. We had lined up 2 gigs for their band and ours but Sébastien's mother died 2 days before they arrived so we postponed the concerts and hope to be able to have them back in the not so distant future. They played for us at home and we recorded the show. There is an excerpt above!

BlueToad's most played songs - english and french - this past month. all original and home made:

@guimondaniel ,

You do some great stuff that is "home made" I think. Thanks. Wish I could speak French. I had a Le Car (which the French probably think is a version of a Fiat but I loved it of course I had a Fiat too a Fiat 2000 convertible at one time (now I have a 2004 Mini Cooper S)). You guys are getting better and better I think. Sorry for the car comments but sometimes I relate my cultural impressions to such everyday experiences with such devices. Merci beaucoup.

Back
Top Bottom