Plitvice lakes

Gogs

The Force is Strong With This One
Hello!
If you ever wanted to come to Croatia you really need to visit this awesome place on earth.
It's like entering in world of fairy, everywhere you look. So many waterfalls, caves, rivers..
One day is not enough to see all place, only if you run :)
I can only say that; one day there and you will feel reborn weeks after that. At least I was.
This is more than recommendation, it is suggestion from the heart.♡

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/98

They look beautiful, but there is one big problem. You can't swim in them. :(

You are right.
It's not allowed to swim. If we people learn to respect nature maybe it would be allowed, once again.
Because, when it was normal to swim there ,people started to wash their hair, themselves, to use tons of cream...and all dirty thing's what you can just to imagine. That's why they forbid to swim.
I think it's fair.

Plitvice are really beautiful, in the spring of everything becomes green and blossomed, winter is all the snows and the falls freeze and become beautiful statues.
Yes, it is forbidden to swim and should be severely penalized and litter, but because, in agreement with the administration of the national park in Plitvice you can get married.
So boys and girls, welcome. :welcome:

Beautiful! :)

I remember that in the ex Yugoslavia, Plitvice were a mandatory destination for all high school students.

Gogs said:
You are right.
It's not allowed to swim. If we people learn to respect nature maybe it would be allowed, once again.
Because, when it was normal to swim there ,people started to wash their hair, themselves, to use tons of cream...and all dirty thing's what you can just to imagine. That's why they forbid to swim.
I think it's fair.

Yes, I understand. But still, they are very tempting for me. I don't know if I would be able to control myself. :)

Persej said:
Gogs said:
You are right.
I think it's fair.

Yes, I understand. But still, they are very tempting for me. I don't know if I would be able to control myself. :)
Yes, indeed the water is crystal clear and really tempts you to take a dive, but ...
live in it a variety of animals, including snakes (water), and it is very cold. :shock:

I visited Croatia mainly to see Plitvice, and it did not disappoint. I intend to go back this year to see more of this beautiful country.

Persej said:
Gogs said:
You are right.
I think it's fair.

:D <---Big smile on my face

Sure, you can swim if you want. Just prepare small amount of money and no problem :) :)
You better come to Pula, we have so many beautiful beach valleys with clear water ♡

I've never been in Plitvice,just saw on photos.The war started and the excursion route was changed,so I missed the chance to visit the most beautiful lakes in ex Yugoslavia. :(

Just to put the ball down. Yes it's forbidden to swim in lakes, but few miles down the stream you are in fact out of National park boundary and you can enjoy swimming and bathing in small town of Slunj. That's the same water. Always cool even in Summer and perfectly clean.
header.jpg

26_14355.jpg

rastoke01.jpg

I want to go! Looks like a slice of heaven! It reminds me somewhat of areas of Vermont USA that I visited years ago.

(I identify strongly with my amphibian ancestry :D)

Swimin' is allowed on Krka waterfalls...

Attachments

• Krka.jpg
    Krka.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Krka1.jpg
    Krka1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 42
  • krka2.jpg
    krka2.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 3
  • krka3.jpg
    krka3.jpg