Plane Crash at San Francisco Airport

Keit said:
There is this article:
_http://allafrica.com/stories/201307060167.html

It's not Asiana though.

Also, the timing was not even close. The Kenyan airlines flight landed in Athens at 01.25am local time on the morning of Saturday 6th. That's 3.25pm on July 5th SF time.

Perceval said:
Keit said:
There is this article:
_http://allafrica.com/stories/201307060167.html

It's not Asiana though.

Also, the timing was not even close. The Kenyan airlines flight landed in Athens at 01.25am local time on the morning of Saturday 6th. That's 3.25pm on July 5th SF time.

He corrected himself on the next day's video - he was totally off on time and airline, so nothing to see there at all.

griffin said:
Vulcan59 said:
Hi griffin,

A B777 is not a Dreamliner. The term Dreamliner refers to the B787 and not the B777. The Dreamliner and not the B777 has battery problems.

Apologies, my mistake, I should have looked it up first to be sure. It'll still be a big hit for Boeing, though.
This accident sure looks like it is "controlled descent into terrain" i.e. the pilot flew the plane into the ground. This accident only serves as a testament to just how amazing a Boeing 777 aircraft is. It's absolutely remarkable how few fatalities there were and even 1/3 of the passengers essentially walked away.

I cannot see how this reflects poorly on Boeing.

rs said:
griffin said:
Vulcan59 said:
Hi griffin,

A B777 is not a Dreamliner. The term Dreamliner refers to the B787 and not the B777. The Dreamliner and not the B777 has battery problems.

Apologies, my mistake, I should have looked it up first to be sure. It'll still be a big hit for Boeing, though.
This accident sure looks like it is "controlled descent into terrain" i.e. the pilot flew the plane into the ground. This accident only serves as a testament to just how amazing a Boeing 777 aircraft is. It's absolutely remarkable how few fatalities there were and even 1/3 of the passengers essentially walked away.

I cannot see how this reflects poorly on Boeing.
Yeah, perhaps not. Initial reports didn't mention that the plane actually hit the seawall just forward of the tail, causing it to shear off. I'll agree it's good that the plane didn't totally disintegrate during the crash, but suspect that was more a matter of chance than especially great design and construction.

Keit said:
Nairobi — Kenya Airways (KQ) says the diversion of one of its flight to Nairobi from Amsterdam on Saturday morning was due to a fire warning indication in one of the cargo holds.

The airline's CEO Titus Naikuni said the diverted flight, a Boeing 777 200ER landed safely in Athens and all the 301 passengers on board are safe.

Just wanted to mention here, that it's one of the three recent emergency landings that has something to do with Athens/Greece. Don't know if it means anything, maybe not at all, but just found it curious.

Here are the other two. The last one occurred today in Israel.

_http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=112527
05 July 2013 Friday
Airplane makes emergency landing due to bird strike
A Turkish Airlines' (THY) plane on an Istanbul-Athens flight made an emergency landing on Friday due to a bird strike.

The Turkish Airlines' (THY) Istanbul-Athens flight on Boeing 737-800 airplane made an emergency landing on Friday after a brid strike.

Departing from Istanbul's Ataturk International Airport at 7.40 a.m., TK 1825 named airplane hit a flock of birds shortly after the flight had started. The pilot decided to turn back and made an emergency landing at Ataturk Airport. The airplane was sent to a THY maintenance facility.

After the checks, it was stated that the engine buffles of the airplane were damaged. Passengers were transferred into another airplane, continuing their flight to Athens.

_http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/11/greek-plane-makes-emergency-landing-in-tel-aviv/
Greek plane makes emergency landing in Tel Aviv
Published July 11, 2013
AFP

A Greek charter plane made an emergency landing at Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion airport on Thursday after the pilot had sent out a distress signal, an airport official told AFP.

"The airport was placed on a state of alert after receiving a distress message about a technical problem but the aircraft landed without incident," the offficial said.

Israeli media had earlier identified the aircraft as a Jordanian passenger plane.

Y'all might have seen this already..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/10/asiana-flight-214-ntsb-pilot-blinded/2507059/

Federal crash investigators revealed Wednesday that the pilot flying Asiana Airlines Flight 214 told them that he was temporarily blinded by a bright light when 500 feet above the ground.

Perceval said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/10/asiana-flight-214-ntsb-pilot-blinded/2507059/

Federal crash investigators revealed Wednesday that the pilot flying Asiana Airlines Flight 214 told them that he was temporarily blinded by a bright light when 500 feet above the ground.

Yeah, I heard that on mainstream TV news. They were saying that they didn't know what the flash of light was. I thought it was curious.

Perceval said:

Incoming!

fire-ball-icon-md.png

Kniall said:
Perceval said:

Incoming!

fire-ball-icon-md.png

For some news sites it was something like this:

death-star-7.jpg

It must have been a huge laser, since it was broad day light.

One never knows if someone may be telling stories to protect themselves, their jobs? Or something strange did happen? I wasn't there to see... Nor do I know what those little black box recorders really have on file?

Perceval said:

Not to bring up bad vibes, but the article on crash of Metro jet Airbus A321 in Sinai used the picture of the incident of Asiana Flight 214.
That's the Zionist for you. If you get my drift.

Captain Sully Reacts to Asiana Flight 214
Jul 8, 2013

russian-plane-crash.jpg

Asiana Airlines Flights Halted Following Korea High Court Ruling
Asiana Airlines has been forced to suspend service at the Bay Area's busiest airport six years after a deadly crash. Kenny Choi reports. (10-19-19)

Posted on 18 October 2019 at 14h00 by François Duclos
in News, Practical Info, Unusual - 7 comments

Asiana Airlines has been ordered to suspend its journey between Seoul and San Francisco for 45 days, with the South Korean Supreme Court validating the government's decision that staff training was inadequate - a decision made after the crash the July 2013 landing that left three dead and more than 180 wounded injured.

Six years after the Boeing 777-200ER accident of the South Korean private company operating flight 214 between Seoul-Incheon and San Francisco airport, the country's justice has delivered its final verdict: Asiana Airlines will have to suspend for 45 days this route, currently operated daily by Airbus A350-900. Reservations are now closed from March 3 to April 16, 2020, the daily rotation to resume the next day.

A spokesman for the Star Alliance company estimates that the suspension will cost about 8.4 million euros, while the passenger side the government intends to ask carriers present on this axis (in this case its alliance partner United Airlines and rival Korean Air) to use larger aircraft to minimize the impact on customers.

The sanction does not settle the affairs of Asiana Airlines, which is crumbling under a debt of 2.05 billion euros to financial institutions and must also deal with the slowdown in air transport in the country, a consequence of the crisis with Japan, and low-cost competition. Its owner, the Kumho Asiana Group, is also looking to sell 31% of its capital (as well as its holdings among others in the Air Seoul and Air Busan subsidiaries) so that it can continue to operate.

The South Korean government imposed the 45-day suspension in November 2014,
saying the crash was due to security breaches. Asiana Airlines' 777-200ER, which departed Seoul with 291 passengers and 16 crew members, crashed on July 6, 2013, landing at San Francisco airport, with three Chinese female passengers dead and 182 people being injured. The responsibility for the accident was attributed to the pilots but also to Asiana for lack of training. Pilot-in-command Lee Kang-kook flew only 43 hours in 777, being in training on this aircraft, and landed in San Francisco only in 747 before the day of the crash.

Back
Top Bottom