Pictures of your Christmas Tree

Beautiful to watch all these trees.

I'd decided not to get one this year. It's the first christmas without my daughter who must work. I clearly lacked spirit on all accounts.

The second one is our tree from last year. It has always been the kids' job to do the decoration.

Then I lost my conviction when I saw this little lonely guy at ALDI. He looked petty so I took him home. It came with the red baubles and the plan was to redecorate it.
Alas, when son started to place the silver baubles it instantly rebelled by shaking off half of its needles. So we decided that the little guy will have the right to spend his old age in peace .... ....
......actually I'm not sure.... I still might load it with decoration tomorrow. Needlelessness musn't be an issue. :cool:

IMG_20211223_222732517.jpg
IMG_20201224_125234630.jpg.

We had an artificial white Christmas tree we used for several years. But last year some of the lights went bad on it some days after Christmas and it was tossed. We still had an older artificial green tree to use this year. I prefer green trees with colored lights, but as long as you have some kind of tree it's all good. :-P Here's the white one from 2019 and this year's tree:

Tree 2019.jpg

Tree 2021.jpg

Wonderful pics!
This is ours, my kids and I recently moved to our new place (which is still under construction) . This will be our first Christmas in this house, we really enjoy this time of the year precisely because we A5D3C7DA-1ACD-41B8-BC2F-667BC8B52095.jpeglove to put up the holiday ornaments.
Merry Xmas to all the forum members!🎄🙂

Our 25 year old artificial tree finally bit the dust this year and we had to go out and get a new one. I saw one that was ten feet tall in the store and it was just gorgeous! So, we got it and here it is:

IMG_2867.JPG

Here is a close-up of some of the decorations I've been collecting for over 40 years. Notice the bubble lights:

IMG_3137.JPG

Here is our manger that I purchased in Mexico back in 1997:

IMG_2870.JPG

And here is our Christmas village:

IMG_2893.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got our Caesarmas tree up now. It may look taller than it appears but that's because it's on top of a small table to discourage the kitties from trying any shennanigans. In fact, if you look carefully, you can see Gaston in the bottom right of the photo pretending he's not interested in it... :-P

View attachment 52759

Ich musste lange suchen, bevor ich ihn überhaupt entdecken konnte. Aber an der Pinguin Theory ist was dran. :rotfl:

I had a hard time too, until I gave up and discovered a nonchalent Gaston with the help of a magnifying glass. It's evident that he wanted his eyes adding to the rest of the sparkling lightenings. 🤩

I spent 5 years in a Catholic boarding school, at Christmas time we used to make cardboard nativity scenes, I kept this habit for years afterwards.
It connected me to the Christmas spirit of the catechism stories and my imagination.
And in a way, these Christmas trees from each other, more or less old, connects us to a STO spirit of Christmas.
Here is my mini wooden tree, with a taste of the sea.

AZ1.jpg

AZ2.jpg

AZ3.jpg

Here is our tree from this year where we went to pick it up from a tree grower. It is adorned with all my decorations accumulated over 30 years. I also have the beautiful church of my grandmother (who passed away more than 17 years ago) who liked to make little houses and churches out of cardboard to put under the trees. It is a memory that is dear to me!

----------------------
Voici notre sapin de cette année où nous avons été le cueillir chez un cultivateur de sapin. Il est paré de toutes mes décorations accumulées sur 30 ans. J'ai aussi la belle église de ma grand-mère (décédée il y a plus de 17 ans) qui aimait bricoler des petites maisons et églises en carton pour mettre sous les sapins. C'est un souvenir qui m'est chère!

Noël 2021 #1.jpgNoël 2021 #7.jpg

I also took the liberty of showing you the Christmas calendar that I make every year for my young daughter with an intellectual disability (27 years old). This year, the balls for each day that decorated her tree, had a little message to do a good deed every day, and the little animals were a little quiz (she loves animals) to finish with a little chocolate surprise each day.

-------------------------------
Je me suis aussi permis de vous montrer le calendrier de Noël que je bricole à chaque année pour ma jeune fille ayant un handicap intellectuel (âgée de 27 ans). Cette année, les boules pour chaque journée qui décorait son sapin, avait un petit message pour faire une bonne action à tous les jours, et les petits animaux étaient un petit quizz (elle adore les animaux) pour finir avec un petit chocolat surprise à chaque jour.

At the beginning
-------------------
Au début Noël 2021 #8.jpg

Here is the completed calendar-tree as of today, December 24, 2021

---------------------------------
Voici le calendrier-sapin terminé en date aujourd'hui le 24 décembre 2021

Noël 2021 #3.jpg

I will wish everyone Happy Holidays and enjoy these beautiful moments of sharing, contemplation, tenderness and Love!!!

As we say here in Quebec (Canada).
Joyeux Noël!!!
🥰
🎄

-------------------------------------
Je vais souhaitez à tous de Joyeuses Fêtes et profitez de ces beaux moments de partage, de recueillement, de tendresse et d'Amour!!!
Comme nous le disons ici au Québec (Canada).
Joyeux Noël!!!🥰🎄

Back
Top Bottom