Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Some of you know that I am a foster home for dogs that an organization takes in while waiting to be adopted by a family. Many of these abandoned, abused dogs are adopted by Germans and go to Germany. Here are my last two tenants. The first one is Kala, an English Cocker who would have lived 6 years locked in a room. She stayed with me for a week, and yesterday they came to pick her up. She is waiting to be adopted by a Spanish family who will come to the islands in a month. But I couldn't keep her for a month. Kala is a little bit crazy, like most Cockers but kind, joyous, and very strong. Until the end of the month, she will stay with a man who has other dogs and is training them. Then yesterday came Lirka, a Yorkshire Terrier, a little bonbon that her owner abandoned because she had no time to take care of her. She will stay here as long as it takes before being adopted. She is kind and shy, and Arturo loves her.

When the dogs come to my home they are healed by me and especially by my dogs, who help them to socialize, often teach them to play, to find the joy of living, a meaning to their life. It is really fascinating to see their interaction and I learn about my dogs too. Arturo for example is a real gentleman. He is kind and tender with the newcomers.

I have often said that dogs are little Masters who teach us to become more human, more dog-like. They allow us to live in the present and what unconditional love is. Compassion and tenderness, gentleness, joy and resilience are their strong qualities.

IMG-20220426-WA0017.jpgIMG-20220502-WA0058.jpg

PERSONNEL
@Loovenelle
Cette tortue est de race serpentine (Chelydra serpentina), très commune dans le Maryland (États-Unis). Elle vient de sortir de plus de 2 semaines d'hibernation en terre boueuse, dans un lac qui s'est asséché entre temps. Le poids de cette tortue est d'environ 6 kg ;

This turtle is a snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina), very common in Maryland (USA). It has just come out of more than 2 weeks of hibernation in muddy soil, in a lake that has dried up in the meantime. The weight of this turtle is about 6 kg;

Back
Top Bottom