Photography? Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone is a photographer, likes or does photography as a hobby. I did search a few pages on here, but only saw a few members posting a picture here and there.

Anyways I thought it would be interesting to see what people on the forum are working on, so please share your work :D

I need to upload my latest pictures and re-organize though

I'm not professional, However, I am always taking pics with my phone; especially of the sky. Very interesting and peculiar things I have snapped a shot of.. As soon as I figure out how to link them here I will share them. Just found this forum and joined. Love you all already?

Hi JessicaNJaz, please introduce yourself in our Newbies board. You don't have to share anything personal, just a bit about how you found the forum, if you've read any of the books or articles written by Laura Knight-Jadczyk, etc. If you're not sure what to write, you can look at some of the other threads on that board to get an idea. :-)

I'm not professional, However, I am always taking pics with my phone; especially of the sky. Very interesting and peculiar things I have snapped a shot of.. As soon as I figure out how to link them here I will share them. Just found this forum and joined. Love you all already?
07.jpg
This one is a bit old: (Around 2000) taken with 35mm SLR in B&W. Enlarged copy on paper with sepia process in the lab (there were two copies, but a self-respecting photographer only shows his successful works, of course!) 🧐

Very nice job!
It is not necessary to be a "Professional" photographer. In fact, you just learn the "rules" and then break them!
It helps a little to know the rules of light and how to draw with it: then it's just being attentive to capture an instant.

Very nice job!
It is not necessary to be a "Professional" photographer. In fact, you just learn the "rules" and then break them!
It helps a little to know the rules of light and how to draw with it: then it's just being attentive to capture an instant.
Thanks! I have some basic knowledge and then I just end up playing with settings until I get what I want. I'm sure in time my experience will lead me to better compositions and better exposures. For now, I am content having fun.

Thanks! I have some basic knowledge and then I just end up playing with settings until I get what I want. I'm sure in time my experience will lead me to better compositions and better exposures. For now, I am content having fun.
That's right: he who never does anything is never wrong!

I took these during the eclipse last month. South central texas. The first one I lightened. It looks like a torus around the moon going in both directions.

Attachments

• B58621D0-F642-4528-8413-75DC0F6D2044.jpeg
    12.6 MB · Views: 7
  • DF93B57F-E184-49B4-88ED-991C5994458A.jpeg
    DF93B57F-E184-49B4-88ED-991C5994458A.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 79560921-0139-499C-A326-264AD293305E.jpeg
    79560921-0139-499C-A326-264AD293305E.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 10
I took these during the eclipse last month. South central texas. The first one I lightened. It looks like a torus around the moon going in both directions.
Yes, the effect is very curious. Did you take them in digital format? Maybe it's a filter effect... Four circles are visible. right-left and top-bottom

Back
Top Bottom