Payments/Donations via Moneybookers

SoCurious

Jedi Master
Hi Editors,

I do not have a credit card and living in South Africa am unable to load money to PayPal from my bank account. I can use Moneybookers and would like to make a small donation to Éiriú Eolas.

Is it possible for you to open an account with them?

Many thanks

Richard

Hi Richard, is it the Moneybookers prepaid credit card you have? Have you tried using it to make a donation on the Sott.net website?

https://www.sott.net/page/3-Support-Sott-net

You could try the Worldpay option and then select mastercard.

Thanks for the speedy response Perceval!

I have no card. I transfer money from my savings account to Moneybookers(Skrill) and then "fetch" the money from Moneybookers on the site of the merchant I wish to pay. The same no doubt, as PayPal. Your having a Moneybookers facility would help greatly but perhaps if you displayed banking details somewhere I could try and deposit straight to that account, although I haven't tried that before so am not sure if it would work.

Kind Regards

ok. I'll send you the details privately.

Well I have same problem and i would be thankful if i can get same info for sending it too.

Never mind, problem solver. Found that my friend still has his old pay pal acc so he came as called :)

Hi guys,

It's been a while and still I cannot donate.

I do not have a credit card.
I cannot use PayPal without changing banks and the nearest branch is in the next town.
Worldpay is for businesses and I don't have one. Also they require a credit card.

I can however use Moneybookers (Skrill), and after searching the net find this is the only payment method I can use in my circumstances.

Opening a Moneybookers account is easy and I would be very chuffed if you could do so. What I have to give is miniscule and but it represents fully 30% of my current monthly income. (hoping times will improve :) )

What I have to give may not seem worth the effort to you guys but there may be other people in similar circumstance who can also use Moneybookers.

Kind Regards
Richard

Back
Top Bottom