Path of the Skinwalker

Huh! Here's a bizarre video about some of the happenings on Skinwalker Ranch when the Sherman family lived there. It's also very interesting that the supposed giant wolf encountered when they moved in was almost exactly like the Beast of Gevaudun in that guns and bullets had almost no effect on it.

That was a interesting precursor to the Skinwalker Ranch story (the Bigelow team's story). And yes, the wolf encounter was very strange, as was the caveat not to dig on the land by the old owners - and then the holes that appeared in the land and the noises from 'underneath' the land (and whatever lies below is not known).

Taken one for one, each event is weird, yet the whole place - high strangeness event after event is just so damn mind boggling.

The Sherman's were in luck to have Bigelow come by and buy the place, although what happened to them - and to the owners before them, would forever haunt them.

Last edited:
Fresh video by David Paulides about Skinwalker Ranch, and more. He also explains what connection phenomena on Skinwaker Ranch may have with Missing 411 phenomena. Primarily the water source connection.

Here are the next chapters. He doesn't only talk about the Skinwalker Ranch. It is a mash-up of his 411 research with ties to whatever happened on the ranch, and also related stories/local legends, or his thoughts on the related matters.

Settled in to catch these three of Dave Paulides's latest last night (thanks @Keit), so if you get the opportunity they were each interesting episodes, and one reason for this was the subject matter - as he discussed the theme of water, granite et cetera around Skinwalker Ranch (and other locations) in some detail. Due to the virus madness, Dave also dedicated time to read letter's that were written to him - posted on his site or mailed in. Some of these comments were fascinating in their own ways, which also revealed small details Dave had picked up on and then made further comment upon.

One thing, as people know here, is Dave's rare investigative principles when discussing cases, which includes his unwavering commitment to the detailed facts of the affidavit - these taken prior or even going back into history from what can be found of the witness accounts/statements or in person, rather then speculation (although it happens), that does not to our thinking end in resolve (their case natures) unless new evidence is revealed later.

Dave's accounts are very specific; the place and its descriptors of the environment (very important), and even its history, the who of the missing, obviously, including their background as can best be noted (sometimes with unusual links), and the step by step timeline that can be ascertained. There are the search and rescue components and what search party members may have told him or, what threads he could pull on, and also his background provides the training to see the parts of investigations and map them out. If the person is found alive or not, there are the odd post recovery details (very important as well). Dave also details the news print stories and cross references. In some small ways he often reminds me of the late John Keel, whereby John had detailed case evidence provided by news accounts, witness statements and interviews. Basically, the facts are there as recorded and one will make of it what they will.

In these three videos Dave happened to say something in response to a question he had been asked that dealt with looking at the actual database systems of the missing. In realty, Dave reminds that what he looks for is just a fraction of 1%, however he also reminds that people may look at the database numbers and say, wow, that is a colossal number (and it is), yet part of the reason lies in the systems themselves e.g., a son runs away from home, the event is naturally reported by his parents with details entered to a file within the missing person database. That is one case. The son returns the next day and (as Dave said) they run away again every week for the next fifty weeks, and each time a missing persons case is logged in, and each case with the same person is a separate case.

After listening and reading from Dave these many years, have to say he is the type of guy you could listen to all day long - he knows his work inside out and needs no written script. Mr. Paulides seems, well he seems incredibly passionate, thorough, down to earth and sincere, and he is extremely caring for the families with whom he interacts with.

Here's the latest Skinwalker instalment.

Again, nice little talk that got him pondering things.

Of pondering, David discussed one of the scientist on the team, Dr. Travis Taylor, whereby he had mentioned the Uintah basin in terms of possibly being a very old impact crater - this relates to the deposits of Gilsonite, which is generally found in craters. Had not though much about the overall geology from the book and videos, so what's up with that? Gilsonite is not mentioned on the forum (from a quick search), and as for being a possible comet impact basin, Skinwalker Ranch is said to be almost smack in the middle. Here is what Travis Taylor posits in pondering a question (from an interview with him on what looks like a survivalist type site). Taylor also has a extensive scientific background as well as being "the lead astrophysicist of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch"' and author of many sci-fi books. He worked with the DOD, which is not surprising given his background. So, the intention of quoting his words lays on the focus on the Uintah basin below:

WATM: Based on the evidence that you have gathered, what are your thoughts on why this phenomena specifically happens at Skinwalker Ranch?

Dr. Travis Taylor
: That is an excellent question and we ask ourselves this all the time. Now, the first thing that I will say is that when the team and I talk about this, in no way do we believe that our man-made farming fences along the border of the 500 acres is keeping out any super, you know, physics hyper paranormal -- whatever you guys want to call it, phenomenon within the borders of the ranch. In fact, people in the local in Fort Duchenne, Roosevelt and the other town that's nearby, are all the time reporting phenomena occurring outside of the boundaries of the ranch. Now, that being said, if you look at the Uintah Basin on Google Earth, to me it looks like an ancient meteor impact crater. It looks like it came from the east to the west at a low inclination. And that's what splattered the salt flats to the west of the Uintah Basin.

There's Gilsonite all around the Uintah Basin which typically is only found in a meteor impact crater, plus all of the petroleum that is underneath the Uintah Basin. There are a lot of geologists and natural physicists now beginning to think that impact craters cause a phenomena that creates petroleum. If you look at this impact crater, the ranch is dead center give or take but it's pretty much dead center. Perhaps [it has] something to do with the bowl shape of the basin or whatever caused the basin, made this the central or the nexus for whatever the activity might be.

Here is a map of the basin:

1587535972673.png

Here is the Wiki note on Gilsonite:

Gilsonite
(also known as uintahite, asphaltum or asphaltite) is a naturally occurring soluble solid hydrocarbon, a form of asphalt (or bitumen) with a relatively high melting temperature. Its large-scale production occurs in the Uintah Basin of Utah and Colorado, United States. Although the substance has been historically mined in the Uintah Basin, resources are being discovered and mined more recently in other countries such as Colombia and Iran. Gilsonite is mined in underground shafts and resembles shiny black obsidian.

Discovered in the 1860s, it was first marketed as a lacquer, electrical insulator, and waterproofing compound approximately 25 years later by Samuel H. Gilson.
[...]
Gilsonite was discovered in the 1860s. By 1888 Samuel H. Gilson had started a company to mine the substance, but soon discovered the vein was on the Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservation. Under great political pressure Congress removed some 7,000 acres (28 km2) from the reservation on May 24, 1888 to allow mining to proceed legally. Gilsonite mining became the first large commercial enterprise in the Uintah Basin, causing most of its early population growth.
[...]
Gilsonite is categorized as a soluble material in oil solutions such as CS2 or TCE (trichloroethylene). A major component of gilsonite is carbon; it also contains several other elements including nitrogen and sulfur and some volatile compounds.

A detailed look into Gilsonite (Gilsonite Dikes in the Uinta Basin) can be found here.

Anyway, Gilsonite may have little to do with the subject of phenomenon (other than being a marker for craters - have to remember that), yet the basin - see the descriptions in the link, has interesting fracturing including faults that inundate the area.

For interest, this is a short interview and commercial plug for an upcoming documentary with the new owner of Skinwalker Ranch:

I haven't seen the first series so can't comment on what the second one might be like. I thought it was interesting that they're not welcoming of visitors, so the tourist gimmick that skeptics might suggest seems to be off the table.

I've watched a few episodes from the first ans second season of the TV series on the skinwalker ranch and apart from a couple things (a cattle mutilation and something else maybe I can't remember), I wasn't very impressed. There are a few things one can be critical of (for instance, if they used an all-sky fish-lens camera, they should use at least three or more for eventual triangulation, and some "experiments" look amateurish). Season 3 has started and episode 4 shows how the "thing" messes up with equipment (in this case, the alignment computers of telescopes and cameras). Even if not 100% genuine, it is fun to watch nonetheless.

Adding here because of the similar setting and phenomenon-

High strangeness on the Clearview ranch

Only a cursory look, certainly strange thing happened.

Katie cites one event with "disembodied voices" coming out from all over the house, recreated below in text:

1655014515821.png

A bit oddly said perhaps?

Attention...
Interfered little
Do not cause us (or else)
Your friends remain silent (or else)

Here is an article/interview on this Ranch by George Knapp:

Why a Colorado ranch became a paranormal hotspot​

Colm Kelleher, co-author with George Knapp on the book about the skinwalker Ranch (apparently he was one of the investigators during the Bigolo era), has published this little text about the "Hitchhiker Effect".

I don't know about likelihood of the pertinence of a mindless "infection model", plus a slight imprecision on the poltergeist and poltergeist-like phenomena, but it describes some paranormal occurrences and health issues that may be viewed as cautionary tales to anyone who wants to go paranormal or "ghost hunting".
This reminds me of a conversation I had twelve years ago with a former radio journalist who told me about a mysterious explosion in the mountains. He went there with the military and all the found where small scraps of metal. He kept a piece in his house and was plagued with noises and dark figures until one night the piece of metal disappeared.
Kind of spooky.

Just a note for those interested, the new season of the TV series about the skinwalker ranch is airing.
I watched the first episode and as usual, my main reaction was: 🤦‍♂️
It starts great:
- Everyone: Hey Travis "YouAyPee" Taylor, you lied to us about working for the Pentagon...
- Travis Taylor (also apparently an "expert" for the "Ancient aliens" TV show): Yeah they told me to lie to you but I promise, I will not lie anymore.
- Everyone: Thank you, we will believe everything you say, we are believers.

And the show continues with the usual experimental amateurism with expansive gadgets (hopefully just for the TV part), for the comedic entertainment of all, young and old.
Apparently in the next episode they'll be visited by military helicopters to further Taylors' non-involvement with the government narrative. It's bizarre, stupid, and entertaining.

Added:
Richard Dolan has an interesting interview with the new owner of the skinwalker ranch, Brandon Fugal. The video is quite long (1h):

Last edited:
Watched the second episode of the fourth season of the skinwalker ranch TV series.
D. Paulides does a good review of the happenings of the episode here:
The distortions of the LIDAR measurements kind of reinforce a suspicion I had last year about the malfunctions of GPS data (I don't know exactly how GPS works in detail so it's just speculation). What it looks like is this case is not mere electromagnetic interference or something of that nature, but it looks like a time distortion. What I mean is that if there is a localized or directional time flow variation in a certain direction, with a LIDAR, which measures the time of flight of a light signal, the position of the spot hit by the laser beam will be interpreted as being at a different distance for the device than what's assumed by a light velocity of c/lambda(n). Of course that doesn't explain other phenomena like what happened last year with the internal computers of the telescope mounts.
There is also something that E. Bard (the most interesting person on the show to listen to IMO) said that at first looked obvious and than bothered me a little. He said something about deciding on the next experiments and data to collect according to the results of the last experiment. At first value it seems the logical thing to do, but in case the thing in the ranch that's producing the phenomena is conscious or has a will on its own, then the investigation is influenced, if not directed, by whatever this thing is. Something like that.

Back
Top Bottom