Part of the great Aussie plan

KTC

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Have you seen this 'viral' video going around of a pregnant mother of a young child being arrested in her home for insighting a peaceful protest on her social media page?

Click on one of the links below to check it out:

'It's fear-mongering': Pregnant woman arrested over anti-lockdown FB post speaks out | Sky News Australia

Sky News report

If you haven't seen it yet, no doubt you will because it has absolutely exploded. I first saw it shared to me via messenger from one of my 'awake' friends. At first I was very interested - surely this could not be happening. We need to spread the word, people need to know about this I thought. And then, in the blink of an eye the entire country is all over this and I started to see that maybe that was the plan. Every news channel, every you tuber, every social influencer is sharing this story and it stinks of a set up to me. Maybe the story is real, but it has been dispensed with such fury that there must be an agenda behind this. After all, censoring is rife - so this story could have easily not made any headlines - many people have been arrested and gone unnoticed. But this story speaks to those who are thinking of attending the freedom day rally. It speaks to the type of person we saw in London and Berlin - normal, family folk who are fed up with being pushed down - normal family folk who have never seen the ugly side of the law. And it is giving them forewarning to reconsider.

Maybe this is another way for the PTB to control the masses. Arrest a woman in front of her child (a pregnant woman in her PJ's at that) and make the video go viral the week before Australia is scheduled to have their freedom protests in every major city. Scare the people into staying home, no need to bring in the forces, the viral video will keep people compliant - after all, Aussies don't like confrontation. We live the good life, we are apathetic to the bone, we are born to turn a blind eye and care more about the football team we have barracked for since childhood than we do about our freedom to roam. We are the lucky country and no-one is going to make us stand up and admit anything less, especially if it looks like this.

No doubt there will still be marches but I dare say many will opt out now that they have witnessed the heavy hand of the police force. This is my observation and I'm happy to sit back and watch the show unfold. What do you think and if you're in Australia, what is the feeling where you are about this weekend?

Last edited:
Me again:

You will see at the start of the video the guy leading the arrest asks:
"do you have your phone recording this"
"yes"
"right"
And then he proceeds with the arrest.

In her interview following the arrest she defends the police saying they were nice to her and they were just doing their job and that she doesn't want to encourage protesting because she doesn't want anyone to get hurt. In other words - stay home people or this will happen to you.

Yes, there's something fishy about this video. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but the impression I got was that both the lady arrested and the police appeared to me like caricatures – she in her pajamas being pregnant and the cop being robotic and without any empathy. And they kept saying "This is ridiculous...". This could, of course, be genuine, but considering what @batty76 you describe about the 'free pass' in media, at this point I'd agree that this is staged.

I've noticed, that what is actually a quite good 'litmus test' to determine the truth or the degree of usefulness (even if genuine) for the psychopaths in power of any particular video, is to see how freely it gets passed around without censoring. The George Floyd video being the prime example.

Hmmm.... interesting theory which I hadn't considered, and it most definitely has merit. My feeling however, is that it is genuine, but obviously I cannot say for sure.

One thing I do know is that it has made me more determined to keep fighting back. It has in fact increased my desire to protest. And I'm sure I am not the only person to feel this way. So in essence, if it was a set-up, I think it will backfire.

My feeling however, is that it is genuine, but obviously I cannot say for sure.

One thing I do know is that it has made me more determined to keep fighting back. It has in fact increased my desire to protest. And I'm sure I am not the only person to feel this way. So in essence, if it was a set-up, I think it will backfire.

I don't think that she staged the event but I do think that it is being used to fuel the fear fire by the PTB and her interview post arrest played perfectly into the hands of the media which could well have been done with the right questions for her to answer.

No doubt the whole thing will be used to enforce more restrictions in a 'we told you not to' scenario if the weekend brings out the numbers. It certainly has stirred people up. Lets see what happens. Stay safe

I don't think that she staged the event but I do think that it is being used to fuel the fear fire by the PTB and her interview post arrest played perfectly into the hands of the media which could well have been done with the right questions for her to answer.

Most definitely!

No doubt the whole thing will be used to enforce more restrictions in a 'we told you not to' scenario if the weekend brings out the numbers. It certainly has stirred people up. Lets see what happens. Stay safe

I honestly don't think the protest will make any difference in regards to the lockdown being extended. Dictator Dan is clearly a megalomaniac and he will extend it anyway even if no one turns up. They're desperately pushing case numbers and with the new amendment to our Health and Wellbeing Act we can now be locked down even with zero cases. So very very depressing.

And here is a statement from Martin Iles of the Australian Christian Lobby:

Here is a list, in no particular order, of the problems with Zoe Lee's arrest.

1. She did not commit the crime of incitement. It requires first, intent, and second, for the crime incited to have actually happened. (See Crimes Act 1958 (Vic) s 321G). She was falsely arrested.

2. Daniel Andrews claimed, when questioned the following day (today), that he had not seen the video. This is either a lie, or he specifically told his staff not to show it to him so that he could say he had not seen it.

3. The Assistant Police Commissioner (APC) distinguished her event from BLM because hers was during stage 4 lockdown, and BLM was during stage 3. Wilfully deceptive. Ballarat - the location of Zoe's event - is in stage 3 lockdown.

4. The APC distinguished her event from BLM on the basis that BLM encouraged social distancing and mask wearing. So did her event, very specifically... I quote, "All social distancing measures are to be followed so we don't get arrested please. Please wear a mask unless you have a medical reason not to." Again, wilfully deceptive.

5. The APC said, “While this deadly virus doesn’t discriminate, we won’t discriminate and we can’t discriminate, in holding people to account.” - err, Black Lives Matter, anyone??? This made me snort my coffee out my nose. VicPol are not enforcing a righteous standard, but a political one. Agree with their politics, they lie to defend you. Disagree, they lie to falsely arrest you.

6. The police simply do not have to handcuff a person, do not have to arrest a person, and do not have to execute a search warrant under these circumstances. Doing do is unusual on all three counts. The doing of all three, in front of her family, whilst pregnant and compliant, is nothing short of intimidation tactics. (Not to mention she committed no crime, see point 1).

7. From her interview the following day: "Sorry about my bimbo moment, but I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to. I wanted to protest in Melbourne but obviously realised I wasn’t allowed to do that… so I just wanted to feel like I was doing something, you know standing up for human rights, and you know I am just a passionate person and I am sick of the lockdowns, I am sick of hearing about suicides, I personally lost my job, and I am just sick of watching the economy collapse. It got to the point where I just wanted to peacefully protest." Okay, so she is not some sort of anti-lockdown fanatic, or serial protester, or any such thing... and she intended no harm. This accords with the phrasing of her event - among other words, she said, "Here in Ballarat we can be a voice for those in stage 4 lockdowns."

8. Despite point 7, above, the APC implied very heavily in his press conference that she probably had a history of negative police interactions which led to her handcuffing. Rather unfair conjecture.

9. Even if she did seem to breach the Crimes Act, the Act is not allowed to be applied in a way that infringes on her freedom to politically communicate. This is a well known constitutional law doctrine in Australia, and state law is limited on this basis.

10. Even if she did seem to breach the Crimes Act, she has a further protection. The Victorian Police are not allowed to carry out their duties in a manner that breaches the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities which includes the rights to "peaceful assembly and freedom of association" and "freedom of expression"

11. The APC called it “That serious offence of inciting a protest” - actually, what she did (well, didn't do - see point 1) is the most utterly benign, low level crimes. Their actions were outrageously disproportionate.

12. The arresting officers later told Zoe they didn't want to do it. If this is true, then it's as I suspected - politicised leaders in the police force (a change of government usually changes that - hint, hint Victoria).

Summary: Andrews lied, the Assistant Police Commissioner lied, the media didn't bother holding them to account. The bored, Facebook-surfing police went digging to find an offence which they could use to "teach her a lesson" based on the fact they disagreed with her politics... and misread the offence, or hoped nobody would read it, thereby booking her for something she did not do, in handcuffs, in front of her children, and made off with her devices and searched her home.

This is the latest in a long line of incidents of VicPol persecuting those with political differences. See my earlier posts.

Somebody wake me up already. I don't like this dream.

Yes, I saw it today and it really pissed me off. Then I watched the police response on live TV - that made me even more upset.

It's not just that the lady was pregnant, that is an emotional hook. But the fact that she only posted something on Facebook and the cops waltzed right into their place - with a search warrant - arresting her, and demanding access to all electronic devices in the house. WTF.

I continue to get a super creeped out feeling about this whole coronavirus situation. The current events are unsettling, that is true. But my mind is firmly fixed on the consequences of the situation on a macro scale...

:knitting:

And here is a statement from Martin Iles of the Australian Christian Lobby:

While I think the ID aspect of this arrest interesting, I cannot find anything remotely revelationary in those comments. All extremely sad, overzealous and corrupt, but nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately.

There are have been several arrests for incitement - Zoe is just the most high profile. The vast majority of the points made apply to all of the arrests. And can be applied in many other convid situations also...

"Summary: Andrews lied, the Assistant Police Commissioner lied, the media didn't bother holding them to account. The bored, Facebook-surfing police went digging to find an offence which they could use to "teach her a lesson" based on the fact they disagreed with her politics"

How is any of the above unusual in any way?

Maybe the story is real, but it has been dispensed with such fury that there must be an agenda behind this. After all, censoring is rife - so this story could have easily not made any headlines - many people have been arrested and gone unnoticed.
Interesting thread @batty76. Totally agree that if the PTB want something to be buried, it won’t see the light of day or will be heavily censored. So it could very well be a set up to instill fear in people before the scheduled weekend protests. And you’re spot on about Aussies being laid back (yeah, nah, she’ll be right mate). I do feel that the measures in Victoria have woken a few people up- hence the scheduled protests for this weekend.

On the one hand, the govt. especially in Victoria have been absolutely draconian & they know it, they fear pushback, so they roll out this arrest to instill fear and reduce the number of protesters. On the other hand, this arrest may backfire spectacularly given the attention and outrage it had generated nationally & globally. I guess we wait and see.

I’m in the country, so other than the odd elderly person wearing a mask, plexiglass at a few checkouts and arrows on the floors, the COVID situation seems tame compared to Sydney and certainly Victoria.

It seems that there might be an easing of the restrictions soon and tomorrow they will announce it: 2 instead of 1 hours of exercise and 2 people or a household can gather outside in Melbourne, yay, as from Monday 14th September.

Hang in there all of you :hug2:

Its hard to be certain but with my director's eye on it looks and sounds staged. One cannot over generalize but the comfort with which the officials allow themselves to be filmed at the very least suggests they knew they had a purpose beyond just the arrest i.e. getting this film out to a wider audience so as to intimate. The husband/father also sounds way to relaxed and on formal script, especially at the start even if he is an Aussie (no disrespect meant). Their badge is just clumsy and obvious. Also I'm obviously missing something but at the end of the film the impression is given they are going to seize his phone as well upon which he filmed the 'scene' - so how did he/she get access to the file to upload? At the very least she was given the film back without the file being deleted - i.e. a clear invitation to get this out there!

Whatever the case the net upshot is (1) be afraid, especially if you are at all vulnerable e.g. pregnant (2) we the police are really nice about it so remember we're on your side - but you will do as we say (3) exorcising your civil liberties is now a crime; take our word for it.

The emotional reaction of pregnant woman saying to people don't protest reminds me of the manipulation of the populous here in Ireland around the abortion issue by making 4 stories into soap opera laden with tears and then basing a whole society's cohesion and moral purpose on that.

Life is just television.

Back
Top Bottom