Out of body experiences.

SlipNet

The Living Force
Being catching up with knowledge has been a theme on my mind for a fair while now, and it is interesting to note that I've been recalling life memories at an increased rate recently. It is a real life bonus for me to be able to get to know myself in a more in depth way, and I haven't particularly been journalling or the like, things have just been popping up into the mind for fresh evaluation.

Anyway, the big memory to return is from when I was about 9 or 10 years old, when I had an out of body experience when in bed in the family home. I do wonder if this was an abduction experience, because I can recall being very fearful, feeling like I was being watched as I lay in bed. I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I can recall is seeing my body curled up in bed; I was looking down at myself, up near the ceiling. Also, I was in a kind of mind conversation with someone or something while this whole experience was unfolding.

I must say I found the experience to be remarkable, and it was a real one off, never had anything like that before or since. I must have just filed the memory away in the old brain (I wasn't going to talk about it with anyone), largely forgotten, until now. This world really is beyond mind blowing at times. In the most banal and benign places, something truly bizarre can unfold. Anyway, just a little weird memory I thought I'd share, if any more come to mind I'll add them to the thread.

I've been looking into this subject today on Sott, and found a couple of interesting articles. Thinking about the phenomenon has got me wondering about the abilities of the soul; that is to say that, when not in the body, what are the limits of human sense perception? I can recall this experience now like it was yesterday. My vision was exactly like you'd think to be normal eye vision, but I was staring at my sleeping body, just such a bizarre thing to experience. And I wasn't ill at the time either.

Obviously the conversation I was having during the whole thing was telepathic, because at the time I didn't have a mouth. I can also recall seeing black shadowy figures and it was these that I was in communication with. Remembering this has really got me spooked and intrigued. I think I have more stuffed away in the memory hole which is waiting to be rediscovered.

The whole thing reminds me of reading The Wave series, particularly the info pertaining to abductions.

Thinking about the phenomenon has got me wondering about the abilities of the soul; that is to say that, when not in the body, what are the limits of human sense perception? (...) My vision was exactly like you'd think to be normal eye vision, but I was staring at my sleeping body, just such a bizarre thing to experience.
There are some stories of blind or deaf (from birth) people, while in the OBE part of an NDE, that were able to see or hear...
Generally, the "senses" looks improved during OBE.

Sometimes, during OBE, some people are able to "hear" the thoughts or intents of other people. ("Telepathy")
Also, some are able to see through walls or skin (internal organs), etc.
A French author made the hypothesis that this last ability is due to a move in 4th (space) dimension, whereas generally we are static in this 4th dim.

There are some stories of blind or deaf (from birth) people, while in the OBE part of an NDE, that were able to see or hear...
Generally, the "senses" looks improved during OBE.

Sometimes, during OBE, some people are able to "hear" the thoughts or intents of other people. ("Telepathy")
Also, some are able to see through walls or skin (internal organs), etc.
A French author made the hypothesis that this last ability is due to a move in 4th (space) dimension, whereas generally we are static in this 4th dim.

That's interesting. I wondered that as it was a state more akin to (or near to) 5th Density, that perceptual powers would be increased. Just what makes up the soul is the ultimate question, it genuinely fascinates me.

.. when I was about 9 or 10 years old, when I had an out of body experience when in bed in the family home. I do wonder if this was an abduction experience, because I can recall being very fearful, feeling like I was being watched as I lay in bed. I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I can recall is seeing my body curled up in bed; I was looking down at myself, up near the ceiling. Also, I was in a kind of mind conversation with someone or something while this whole experience was unfolding.

I'm new member, so I'm still finding threads-replys about subjects I can help (others) to "clarify" what I call Projections (conscious or not).

First thing to know is that All Humans experience OOBE (conscious or not), If you look at the (esoteric) structure of mammals and primates, you even can say this animals also can have projections, of course in another level but this (animal) phenomena is already observed. I will avoid this last approach here, asking to be open minded about the phenomena, only referenced that individuals can experience projections (conscious or not).

the age (9~10y) is according (advanced projectors) usually tell, that after (6~7y) they start to make OOBEs and contact with other (extra-physical) consciousness (like you describe), and they usually tell that until 12~14y these experiences are like to How Learn To Walk out-of-Body, and only at 15~16y age, they really start to Work more deep and conscious, and this "paraller universe" for them become something real, tangible and understandable, but it is good to point out that all this learning depended a lot on the "supporters" who helped them to get "out-of-the-body" on early ages and learn (consciously) about this kind of parallel world, so to speak.

If this was an abduction experience, only you can say exactly, but seems me It could be, because you feel fearful ("feeling like you was being watched"), so in this regard I would say that virtually Almost OOBE are Assisted. Even advanced projectors when go to OOBE, they found others beings, or are closely monitored even if they do not see-feel or notice the presence of others. The OOBE usually are assisted because this is not tourism, it is not recreation, there are tasks and deep learnings involved. Also there are risks and dangerous, so for example, while you are projected (ou-of-body), if you physical body is not safely protected, one wrongdoer may try to prevent you from returning to your body, in which case, your body may be prematurely disabled (ie, you will die). Not kidding !! This is rare but it can happen, and it has already happened, so to get a constructive OOBE, your (physical) body must left in good conditions to go back (and wake up).

you was unaware ("I must have fallen asleep") because you astral (or mental) body was not ready to sustain your Consciousness while projected. Maybe your feeling of fearful made you run away from who was monitoring you, or he realized that you weren't ready and let you back (to the body). Worth to note here that our extra-physical consciousness its much bigger than our intra-physical, which at least partially explains why it's not easy to remember everything that happens when we're out of the body.

Lastly, ("I was in a kind of mind conversation with someone") this indicates that you were not alone, that there was some contact, and that it is important try to remember what this conversation was, and what the outcome of that conversation was in your life. I am not referring here to the fact you still remember these facts. My intention here is merely to guide what we should do and think in circumstances of this kind, which at first might happen to anyone.

NDE is similar, but is characterized by some trauma, accident, surgery, such a fright that makes the body faint or lose consciousness, but because it is sudden and unexpected, the "supporters" may take a while to appear.

I hope it helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughtful comment Border Dog. My memory is still pretty hazy about the incident (it was about 35 years ago) but I do keep a written record of interesting thoughts and experiences. I genuinely think I was being scoped for an abduction, and that there was some kind of interlude period where I became aware that I wasn't in my body safe asleep. I wasn't freaked out at the time though, I know that much. Sometimes my suspicion is that there was an attempt to co-opt my awareness, you know, the whole "we're your space brothers" schtick.

I'm going to look back over my journals to see if there are any more nuggets of info which I can find. It was a very eerie experience in retrospect, perhaps some meditation will also help me recover my memories more.

Back
Top Bottom