ouija board planchette defies gravity

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In Xmas of 1972 my sister got an ouija board for a present. So, being curious, we started to use it. Within seconds we contacted an entity, which even told us its name.
Initially, the planchette would slowly move to the letter or symbol when forming an answer to a question. However, after about five continuous hours of use, we could hardly keep our fingers on it because it would literally dart about the board. And after 6 to 7 hours it would answer questions that had only formed in either of our minds before they could be verbalized.
But the grand finale happened right after Christmas dinner, which was about 12 hours into this "entity." To digress though, just prior to this it seemed to favour my sister over me, in that when I asked it a question it would just refuse to move. In fact, even when I scolded it to get on with it, it would stay stock still. But with my sister, it would move easily. But I just attributed it to the fact that I was getting tired of using it and whatever it was was due to this fact.
So after dinner my sister and I resumed our positions, and then I told the "entity that it was in reality not an entity at all but just some phenomena that no doubt had a simple explanation. But if it was indeed an other-worldly phenomena that it would not be bound by the physical laws of this universe, and if that was the case would it please do something to prove this.
Incredibly, and with both our fingertips on the planchette, it began to push with unbelievable pressure against our fingertips until it had raised itself about three feet directly above the board. It then released itself very slowly from our fingertips and floated down to the surface of the board, much like a leaf drifts to the ground. Well, my sister and I could do nothing but gape in astonishment at what had just occurred! And after that, if I tried to put my fingers on the planchette it would scoot away to my sister's side of the board. "It" wouldn't let me touch it, My sister then asked it if it didn't like me and it answered no. I can't recall exactly what transpired after that. I think we just put it away because some people came to visit.
All of this occurred at my parents' house, and the next day I left and returned to my own home.
But the story doesn't end there. My sister continued to use the board by herself, which is unusual (Aren't two people normally required to use an ouija board?). Six months later I was visiting my parents and my mother told me that my sister had continued for a period of time to use the ob in a manner that was bordering on the bizarre. In fact my mother stepped in when the board had told her that she should kill herself. At this point my mother forced her to see a psychiatrist. I guess the psychiatrist told her to burn the board and planchette and have nothing more to do with it. He had no explanation for it other than that he had seen similar cases and getting rid of the board was the only solution. And thirty years later my sister, to my knowledge anyway, has had nothing to do with anything of that nature. End of story.

Redrock12 said:
[...] My sister continued to use the board by herself, which is unusual (Aren't two people normally required to use an ouija board?). Six months later I was visiting my parents and my mother told me that my sister had continued for a period of time to use the ob in a manner that was bordering on the bizarre. In fact my mother stepped in when the board had told her that she should kill herself. At this point my mother forced her to see a psychiatrist. I guess the psychiatrist told her to burn the board and planchette and have nothing more to do with it. He had no explanation for it other than that he had seen similar cases and getting rid of the board was the only solution. And thirty years later my sister, to my knowledge anyway, has had nothing to do with anything of that nature. End of story.
The problem seems to be, that because of our "conditioned" world view, that there is nothing outside the visible, physical world, teenager and adults try such stuff just for fun, without knowing what they are up to. It's a jungle out there.

Laura has written extensively about the use of the Ouija board here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/intro05.htm

Important quote:

[...] Some "experts" claim that having a healthy unconscious mind is the key to protection since opening such a door without due care could most certainly trigger psychosis in certain individuals. I have a slightly different view. I don't think that bypassing the conscious mind in this way can "trigger" psychosis. What I do think is that it can open a door to reveal psychosis that already exists within the mind and which, if careful analysis is undertaken, will be seen to have been present all along, manifesting in many symptoms of the body and life of the individual.

The issue of whether or not using a board, or any other type of unconscious accessing tool can "invite" possession is rather like asking which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Dr. Baldwin brings this issue up in an interesting way. Even though he has reasonably assessed so many other things, on this issue, he demonstrates that he, too, has fallen under the spell of the movie "The Exorcist," and draws illogical conclusions. The evidence, as Baldwin describes it himself, tells us that the state of "possession" probably already exists in any given individual and the use of the conscious bypass only allows it to "speak" and reveal itself. But that presents its own set of problems. Obviously, anyone who is not trained in the techniques of Spirit Release should never open such a door. By the same token, based on reasonable assessment of the situation, an individual who has no knowledge of these techniques, who has not spent a considerable period of time learning about them and working with them, ought never to attempt to channel either in any context! To do so is to invite disaster. And that, of course, brings up the obvious question as to why "channeling" has become such a popular sport?

The Spiritualist Theory, of course, declares that the messages that may come clearly originate from "outside." Spirits or forces are contacted and channeled through the board. The Spiritualist Theory posits that the communicants are discarnate spirits or other ethereal beings who have a purpose for contacting the living. Nevertheless, even the Spiritualist Theory depends upon the theory of automatism for actual operation. The discarnate spirit is able to connect to the operator via the subconscious or unconscious mind and take control of the ideomotor responses, bypassing the conscious mind, and generating movement of the planchette via stimulation of nerve impulses. Naturally, this theory posits that, as soon as the communication has ended, the spirit leaves, and all is well and good. The evidence, however, indicates that if certain knowledge is not available, and certain actions are not taken, the spirit does not leave! It merely withdraws into the "interstitial" spaces of the energy field of the host and becomes quiescent, continuing to drain life force for its own sustenance. [...]

Back
Top Bottom