Osteoporosis

If it's too much of hassle, just file the prescriptions, but that is a waste of money. The trick is to refuse the test to begin with.
This is what I did, Mrs. Peel. After having tests done many times, because of taking rather large doses of prednisone for some months previously, I finally, after years of not taking the prednisone, had a test that showed some bone loss. I knew from reading things here on the forum and elsewhere just how bad the meds were that they wanted me to take and told the doctor that I was not interested in taking the one she wanted me to (or any other medication for bone loss). After the second time she asked me if I wanted to take the medication and I told her, "No.", she said there was no more reasons to have the expensive tests done if I wasn't going to take the meds to help with it. So problem solved. She didn't ask me to find another doctor because there were other things she was treating me for that she thought that I was taking meds for.

I don't know if that will work for you so fwiw.

Popular Heartburn Meds Linked to Osteoporosis​

Story at a glance:
  • An estimated 12.3 million Americans over 50 are affected by osteoporosis (“porous bone” or low bone density), and an additional 47 million younger Americans are in the early stages. Worldwide, the prevalence is 18.3%
  • Rates of hip fractures vary from tenfold to a hundredfold between countries, showing that low bone density is not a consequence of aging per se, but is dependent on lifestyle factors, including the use of certain drugs such as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the most popular heartburn medications on the market
  • PPIs are only recommended for short-term use, yet 60% of users report staying on the drug for more than one year; 31% are still on them after three years. More than 60% are also taking them to treat conditions for which these drugs are not indicated, such as indigestion
  • Dozens of studies show rates of hip fractures are elevated among both long- and short-term users of PPIs, and at all dose levels
  • More recent research suggests one of the primary ways by which PPIs damage bone may be by way of collagen, as these drugs have been shown to inhibit collagen production through several mechanisms of action

Attachments

• ppi-osteoporosis-pdf.pdf
    286.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom