Osho - A psychopathic cult leader

Is Osho really enlightened, or just a charlatan? I'd like to know what the Cs think of him.
Welcome to our forum luigi rovatti! We have noticed that you have posted a few times without introducing yourself, so could you please head over to the newbies section and tell us a little bit about yourself? It doesn't have to be anything too personal, and if you don't know what to write you can always have a look at other introductory posts. :-) Thank you!

I studied Osho for many years and have or had a large library of his.
He is one of the greatest teachers this world has ever seen.
One major problem with studying Osho is that his videos are not available so you cannot actually see him speak. On torrent sites you can download one or two, but they are heavily restricted in general.
Osho spoke for 2-3 hours at a time giving incredible discourses on virtually every teacher of significance who ever lives.
His love of spirituality is completely off the scale, and his knowledge is incredible he introduced so much ancient wisdom to his students.
It was off the scale.
But ... if you look on youtube there is some crumby 8minute video topped and tailed with advertising from what has become the Pune Meditation Resort of nonsense.
And of course there is Wild Wild Country which just doesn't show him at all.
He is his teachings.
If you can get from a torrent his full discourse and watch them start to finish you start to understand he is like a river of light. Incredible man.
His limitations? Many of course.
Most the ancient Buddhist sages and Advaita sages had one student only in their life. One person they transmitted their knowledge to.
Osho has changed world spirituality, he has affected countless people, and many of his direct students are self-realised and in interesting ways,unique ways ... they aren't all "Awareness is the Awareness of Awareness". No they are interesting people.
When you teach so many, of course it is a circus - but to simply listen to him, it is like the river of light.
He is deep and his well is deep his ocean is deep.
It is true his technical details are lukewarm, he is not a precise teacher at all.
But he also encouraged people to really try many methods and commit and you learn things through that very different to the simpler traditions.
A great man in a desert.
There is absolutely zero corruption in him at all, I can promise you that.
He didn't want anything from anyone.
I saw a trailer last week for a new Netflix? documentary by Ma Anand Sheila ... it was stupid, she is an older woman now, talking about her life and Netflix? (or whoever) had inserted this ridiculous darth vader doom music over it. They play an angle.
As ever forget about what people say just go straight to the material
Truly to give people freedom the way he did to explore, people shouting screaming doing zen vipassana all the methods of the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra, Gurdjieff Methods and to listen to so many ancient books, unknown books ... wow.
It is off the scale.
And his people were soft and ...
His own personal story - these are always very important to read for teachers - is also very endearing.
That era in the 70s people were interesting to explore, very unlike the tight-assed modern generation.

What else can I say about Osho ...
In the beginning his devotees were Indian. Later European visitors in India. That seemed to work.
But when he went to the US, from the small time folk in Oregon or the Hollywood mafia that arrived ... it was all downhill.
Once he returned to Pune things were once again better.
Later in his life he was much more meditative and more Zen like as he himself went deeper.
He started to "tell the truth" when he returned to Pune, about many things and many teacher ... he was no longer polite about the state of human beings.
I think when sages make a breakthrough they have the instinct to share it but often they are simply met with the terrible state of human beings who hurtle to their death as if it's gonna be alright. How to communicate to them.
I remember JK and UGK both great teachers said at the end that nobody had understood them.
Human society is so resilient, it is difficult to change it's currents of creation and destruction.
Brutal basic bare spirituality is where humans are at.
Although of course Christianity is also a very warm and human spirituality, the church on Sundays, very different to the brutal shaven head vipassana machines.
Anyway, I suppose there is enough spirituality on Earth ... if there is anyone here who wants it.
Like a clump of grass clinging to a rock face.

There is absolutely zero corruption in him at all, I can promise you that.
Really? And you can promise that?
And his people were soft and ...
Soft in what way? Soft headed? or soft in their thinking or soft to touch or more akin to soya boys and girls, needing safe space?
Osho has changed world spirituality, he has affected countless people, and many of his direct students are self-realised and in interesting ways,unique ways
Many? Mention one and how that person has contributed something. By their fruits will you know them, you know. Anyone can call themselves self-realised, but is hardly the proof of anything, especially since to be self-realised is such a floating concept.
Although of course Christianity is also a very warm and human spirituality, the church on Sundays, very different to the brutal shaven head vipassana machines.
:cuckoo:

Hello, I'm new here, was Osho discussed?
Haven't passed 1998 transcripts yet..
Thank you from Zagreb

The search engine is your friend ;-)

Hello, I'm new here, was Osho discussed?
Haven't passed 1998 transcripts yet..
Thank you from Zagreb

Hey Uli, in case it helps, it's better to read the transcripts in the context they were created to gain a better perspective on the topics they cover. For this reason, it would be best to read The Wave series as opposed to the transcripts on their own. You can read it online here: The Wave Volume 1 – Cassiopaea This link will take you to volume 1 but you will see a navigation bar on the right hand side. It is also available on Amazon. Just search for The Wave by Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Also, it looks like you haven't written your introductory post in the Newbies section yet. We would love to know more about you, your journey towards the forum, and what topics interest you most. If you're not sure what to write, you can read other people's introductions to get an idea :-)

Last edited:
Bienvenue parmi nous...

Welcome among us...
Merci :)

I've read the Wave series in Croatian, I'm now re-reading all in English
Search engine yes thank you, I guess it works with transcripts too
I'm an artist and a wanderer, I wander and wonder

Last edited by a moderator:
The search engine is your friend ;-)
I saw that but I can't read under that title

Merci :)

I've read the Wave series in Croatian, I'm now re-reading all in English
Search engine yes thank you, I guess it works with transcripts too
I'm an artist and a wanderer, I wander and wonder
Uli is the name of my cat and this is Chaka Khan in the picture

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange. What is the message you get when clicking on the thread?
Oh, I'm sorry, the wrong terminology. I can read but I don't want to, I did go through it quickly
My question was regarding the Cass sessions. I have my own opinion and experience. Forums are confusing me, sorry for confusing you

My question was regarding the Cass sessions. I have my own opinion and experience. Forums are confusing me, sorry for confusing you
If you want sessions, you can find here.
Please note that C's sessions are 10% inspiration and 90% is the work of Laura and team - this forum contents, books and video's team has produced.

If the forum is confusing, take your time and explore by clicking different links and what it shows.

Back
Top Bottom