Omicron (Movie 1964)

IronFloyd

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Hi everyone, by chance I came across this 1964 Italian movie, and course the title caught my attention, so I saw it, and I must say that it's very good film, and the truth is it has a lot of "information", in a very peculiar humorous tone. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the movie with english subtitles.

The cover for the film.
So they obviously prepared some variety for the sheeples:

omi2.jpg
The link to the youtube leads to the channel that brought it up.

For a version with translatable autogenerated Italien there is this uploaded version. One can choose English in settings, at least in some locations.

Well... The movie is really something. Despite it being a comedy there are quite deep ideas. Love old movies for that. Elite vs. normal people, ponerology, inner struggle, wishful thinking that goes wrong. I am sure I missed a lot as sometimes it was difficult to follow the text.

Here there is a little review (note the date and disclaimer at the end - perhaps done to make it clear that it might hit an associated nerve :whistle:)

OMICRON (1963) Reviews and overview of alien sci-fi comedy​

27 November, 2021

Omicron is a 1963 comedic sci-fi film in which an alien variant takes over the dead body of an Earthling to learn about our weaknesses… so his race can take over our planet. There are obvious political and societal sub-texts.

Omicron-movie-film-sci-fi-alien-Italian-French-review-reviews-Rosemary-Dexter-nurse-not-COVID-19-variant

Written and directed by Ugo Gregoretti. The Italian-French co-production stars Renato Salvatori, Rosemary Dexter, Franco Luzzi, Gaetano Quartararo, Mara Carisi and Giuliana Corbellini.

Omicron-movie-film-sci-fi-alien-Italian-French-review-reviews-Renato-Salvatori-not-COVID-19-variant-dead

Reviews:

” …it gives Renato Salvatori a chance to engage in some truly creative visual comedy, especially when his character is learning how to control his body. The plot appears to revolve around his job, in which he becomes super-competent, but he eventually ends up taking part in a strike.” Fantastic Movie Musings and Ramblings

Omicron-movie-film-sci-fi-alien-Italian-French-review-reviews-not-COVID-19-variant-screaming

Omicron may be an alien invader, but he’s just a working stiff like the rest of us. On the debit side, however, the climax is mishandled and far from satisfying. Given what’s gone before, it’s quite a disappointment. Comedy sometimes struggles to cross international boundaries, but here’s an example which is witty, engaging and also has something to say.” Mark David Welsh

Omicron-movie-film-sci-fi-alien-Italian-French-review-reviews-Renato-Salvatori-not-COVID-19-variant-screaming

Cast and characters:

Renato Salvatori … Omicron / Angelo
Rosemary Dexter … Lucia
Franco Luzzi
Gaetano Quartararo … Midollo
Mara Carisi … Mrs Midollo
Giuliana Corbellini
Vittorio Calef
Ida Serasini … Widow Piattino
Calisto Calisti … Torchio
Fausto De Luca
Dante Di Pinto … Police Inspector

Notes:

On November 26, 2021, the World Health Organization declared a new variant of concern of COVID-19, named Omicron according to the WHO naming system. The B.1.1.529 variant was first reported in South Africa on November 24, 2021. This 1963 film clearly has no relation to 21st-century coronavirus. {:lol:}

...an alien variant takes over the dead body of an Earthling to learn about our weaknesses… so his race can take over our planet...

If we take this in its allegorical form, a dead body is a body that was sick. What if Omicron is a temporal marker...or a sign... Like the beginning of the zombie scenario.

Omicron = the invasion of the Body snatchers

The film tells of an alien invasion in which spores from outer space give rise to pods, from which identical copies of human beings emerge. The intention of these aliens is to replace the entire human race by copies devoid of any kind of sentiment.

Q: (Artemis) Laura asked in a previous session if the virus could manifest in a negative way in some people. Are we talking about an Invasion of the Body Snatchers kind of thing happening here?

A: In some cases it may seem that way.

:scared:

Well... The movie is really something. Despite it being a comedy there are quite deep ideas. Love old movies for that. Elite vs. normal people, ponerology, inner struggle, wishful thinking that goes wrong. I am sure I missed a lot as sometimes it was difficult to follow the text.
very funny and full of meaning. it can be difficult to understand only when referring specifically to italian culture. not only for vatican culture, but also for example for the "alpini" those characters that appear random but not random with the hat with the feather, always drunk.
they are
Alpini - Wikipedia
and their motto is
"they shall not pass" :-)

Back
Top Bottom