Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Another big problem with learning about digestibility of omega-3 is created by scientists themselves. If you read some studies you will come to the conclusion that there is no problem at all. That we can in fact digest almost 100% of omega-3 lipids. While on the other hand other scientists claim that our digestion of those lipids is close to 0%. Now that's a huge difference! So how do we explain something like that?

Well, the explanation lies in the definition of digestibility. In this case, the digestibility of lipids. If you define digestion of lipids in one way, you will get the number close to 100%. If you define it in a different way, you will get digestion close to 0%.

So what is the true definition of lipid digestion? Well, that depends on what you want to do with it? Do you want to use lipid just for energy purposes, or do you want to use lipid for structural purposes? If you want to use you lipid just for energy, then simple absorption of triglycerides will do just fine. If you want to use it for structural purposes, then you want those triglycerides to be broken down into free fatty acids and monoglycerides.

Also, is the lipid prone to oxidation? Because, you can digest and absorb lipid that became oxidized in your digestive system, but in that case the lipid will became unusable for certain functions. So you also want to digest the lipid without oxidation in digestive system.

Ideally, you want your lipid to be protected from oxidation in the stomach, and to be easily released and fully digested in the intestines.

With ordinary concentrated fish oil that is not possible.

So that was a short explanation of digestive side of the omega-3 problem. What many scientist do not know is that omega-3 also have the other side of the problem, and that is the metabolism of omega-3. Which is another complex story, and also another one filled with controversy. One group of scientist claim that once you absorb the omega-3 they naturally go into your brain. The other group claims otherwise. So who is right? I think that the other group is right. I think that under normal circumstances most of omega-3 will not go into the brain.

If that's true, then what is the solution? Well, just like for digestion, for the solution of omega-3 metabolism we can also look at our golden standard for omega-3. And that is mother-child connection.

How do mothers create omega-3 molecules that go inside the babies brain and how do babies use those molecules to build their brains?

Well, first of all, we should be aware that female bodies process lipids in a different way than male bodies. Female bodies have much more estrogen than male bodies which act as a signaling molecule for many processes, including the lipid metabolism. The pregnant women get an extra boost of estrogen during their pregnancy which further increases the lipid metabolism.

Because of that, females have higher levels of omega-3 in their bodies, which further increases during the pregnancy. Babies on the other hand have their own lipid metabolism, and one of the characteristics is a constant mild ketosis. Females also have higher ketone levels then men.

So what does the estrogen do? Well, it does many things, but what is most interesting to us is the activation of the PEMT pathway in phospholipid metabolism. Why is that important? It's important because the PEMT pathway is used for creation of phospholipids with omega-3.

About two thirds of the phosphatidylcholine (PC) is produced from choline via the phosphorylation (Kennedy) pathway and about one third is oxidized to betaine which then enters the PEMT pathway resulting in the methylation of phosphoethanolamine by the PEMT (phosphoethanolamine methyl transferase) to form phosphatidylcholine. It is the PC that is formed by the PEMT pathway that is capable of binding the long chain fatty acids arachadonic acid and DHA, and NOT the PC synthesized from the Kennedy pathway. Hence the PEMT gene is critical for DHA incorporation into the phospholipid to form PC-DHA which is then transported in blood, across the placenta and also into the brain.

So how do we solve this problem? Unless you want to supplement yourself with estrogen, you have one or possibly two options. First one is by producing the ketones. I don't know why exactly it works but somehow the ketones are involved in activating the PEMT pathway. The second possible option is the cold therapy which also activates the MFSD2a transporter about which you can find out on this link.

All of this is starting to look very interesting, because all these years we were gathering clues about healthy diet, but only now, when we look at omega-3 story, that all those things finally merge into one coherent story.

And interestingly, it also has a connection with a lot of bad things that we discovered. Fluoride, for example, damages the omega-3 phospholipid production. Also aspartame and MSG. Omega-6 oils also, which our modern diet is abundant with. It really looks like the PTB are intentionally targeting this omega-3 phospholipid metabolism, so it must be important for us.

Of course, this is just a general overview of this story, I have read hundreds of articles about this topic, so if you have any questions or have the ability to understand it better than me, I can give you further links or notes that I gathered. What started as a simple research about different omega-3 forms, turned out to be far more complex than I imagined.

I found it! They don't exactly connect the ketones with PEMT, but they did found the connection between fasting and PEMT, and where is fasting, there are ketones. Here is the article: Lipid molecular timeline profiling reveals diurnal crosstalk between the liver and circulation

And for those who want to get an overview of why the PEMT is important, they can read this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6722688/

"What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in." Indeed, it is.

I also found a connection between iodine and ketones. Elevated thyroid hormones increase ketogenesis: Thyroid hormone action on lipid metabolism in humans: A role for endogenous insulin

It is also interesting to notice the diurnal rhythm of ketones and endocananbinoids because some of the endocananbinoids follow the same rhythm as ketones. Many scientist are trying to find certain substances that would produce some effects in human body, but there seems to be much more natural way to do that if we simply followed the diurnal cycle of human body.

Which reminded me of this passage:

Q: (L) Why are the results of sleep deprivation, psychosis, delirium tremens, and psychedelic drugs and some mystical states so similar in their expressions and manifestations? What is being seen?

A: Openings.

Q: (L) Well, if doing without sleep provides an opening, what is it an opening to?

A: Density levels 4 and up.

Q: (L) It would seem to me - well, why is this not good?

A: Who said it wasn't?

Q: (L) Well, apparently a lot of people who have psychotic episodes, literally go out of their minds. They can no longer function in this world. They LOCK them up!

A: Yes...

Q: (L) Why does melatonin induce these openings?

A: Gentle hallucinogen.

Melatonin production is elevated with sleep deprivation. So are some endocannabinoids. It's interesting that many of these molecules are produced during the stressors on the body, such as sleep or food deprivation, exercise, cold, pain, emotional stressors... So it's possible that some of these molecules made by stress events can be used for alchemical transformations. Timing for such transformations would probably also play a big role. Also the necessary ingredients, such as omega-3, which are building blocks for many of these molecules. Without them you cannot use the stressors in a proper way.

It's no wonder why people were not successful in figuring out alchemy. Tying all of these things together is not an easy task.

Physical exercise increases the DHA and AA in the brain:

Perhaps this is the reason why scientists couldn't put the omega 3 in the brains of mice? Because the mice were not running in other experiments?

Another finding, this time in humans, is the importance of B vitamins, and the homocysteine level. If you are using the omega 3 oil, you also need to take the B vitamins, and probably choline and betaine, to lower the homocysteine level, because homocysteine lowers the production of omega 3 phospholipids for the brain.

I forgot to add this research from the same group as above.

We find here that this beneficial effect of B vitamin treatment on cognition only clearly occurs in those with a good omega-3 fatty acid status.

The findings from VITACOG, here on cognition and earlier on brain atrophy [27], are evidence of an interaction between two different classes of nutrients, B vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, in people with MCI. Possible mechanisms for this interaction have been discussed in our earlier report [27] and include the hypothesis that B vitamins facilitate the formation of phosphatidylcholine (PC) enriched in omega-3 fatty acids from phosphatidylethanolamine (Fig. 5) and hence the transport of omega-3 fatty acids into the brain [26, 38]. PC synthesized by this B vitamin-dependent pathway has been shown to contain higher levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, including omega-3, compared with the alternative CDP-choline pathway [39, 40]. Selley [26] found that the raised plasma S-adenosylhomocysteine in patients with Alzheimer’s disease was associated with decreased erythrocyte concentrations of PC and with increased concentrations of phosphatidylethanolamine; he therefore suggested that raised homocysteine inhibits phosphatidylethanolamine methyltransferase. Selley [26] also found that the PC in Alzheimer’s disease erythrocytes was relatively depleted in DHA. It is noteworthy that decreased levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids in PC occur in the brain in Alzheimer’s disease [38]. Also, low levels of omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) in plasma PC are a risk factor for dementia [41] and have been found in plasma PC in patients with Alzheimer’s disease [42].

Regarding fish oil Omega 3 quality:
Are Most Fish Oil Products Synthetic? , From a Dr Mercola article : made me not to buy this generic ones (and usually cheaper).

Attachments

• are-most-fish-oil-products-synthetic-pdf.pdf
    119.9 KB · Views: 13
Maybe it will be a bit off topic but connected to the passage that @Persej shared. It reminded be about something I read a while ago. It is called Dark room therapy. Here is a link with more information bellow:
Basically a practitioner sit in totally dark room. The longer practioner stays in the dark room the more melatonin the brain produces. Once the melatonin reaches critical mass, then the brain converts it to other human psychedelic chemical like DMT. For the very least that is what Mantak Chia from the article above claims. For the very least the dark room therapy is nothing new in the west. Wikipedia:
I have never done it, but the experiences that usually someone gets as describe seems to correlate a bit with what the Cs wrote.

Yesterday I founded very interesting unique land vegetable/weed that called “Purslane” from Dr. Mercola’s website.
And its leaves contain high amounts of omega- 3 fatty acids!

Purslane: Benefits, Uses and Recipes

Purslane's Many Health Benefits
Owning up to its title as a "superfood," purslane has a wide variety of vitamins and minerals belonging to its arsenal. It has antibacterial, antiscorbutic (combats scurvy), depurative (detoxifying and purifying), diuretic (increases amount of water in the body), and febrifuge (reduces fever) properties.4
Here are some of the additional health benefits that you can receive from consuming purslane:
Its leaves contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are responsible for helping to prevent high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Omega-3 fats also play a role in lowering the risk for the development of heart disease by combatting inflammation, and also help manage cognitive function and normal growth and development.5
Contains zinc, phosphorus, manganese, copper and calcium.6 Zinc is responsible for maintaining and improving immune system function. It is also responsible for fighting off free radicals that may cause cancer.
Phosphorus and calcium are responsible for bone and dental health. The latter is also essential for nerve, muscle, and blood function. Meanwhile, you need copper to help ensure the thorough absorption of iron. It is also important for hemoglobin production in your body. Lastly, manganese acts as an antioxidant and helps in fighting off free radicals. It is also important for repairing damaged tissue, breaking down fats and cholesterol, and producing energy.7
An excellent source of vitamin A. Purslane packs the highest amount of vitamin A present in any leafy vegetable. Vitamin A is important for the improvement and maintenance of visual health, and is also crucial for bone and cell growth.8
Low in calories. Purslane contains only 16 calories per 100 grams. This is good news for people who are trying to limit their caloric intake. It is also packed with dietary fiber, which contributes to the feeling of fullness after every meal, limiting your intake of food and aiding in weight loss.9
What Is Purslane Used For?
Purslane can actually be used in different ways to treat different body aches and illnesses. It can work as a topical treatment to alleviate headaches, fevers and inflammation. The leaves can also be placed under the tongue to alleviate thirst, although I wouldn't recommend this, as you should always address your thirst by drinking enough water to prevent dehydration.
Purslane juice can also be extracted from the plant and can be used as a remedy for dry cough and shortness of breath. On the other hand, purslane tea can be used to alleviate toothaches.10 Aside from these medicinal purposes, purslane can also be added to recipes for main dishes and salads to add flavor and boost the nutritional content.
How to Grow Purslane
Growing purslane isn't a complicated task. It can be propagated in two ways: through the spread of purslane seeds or from breaking off stems from the plant itself. Purslane seeds usually develop in small seed pods in spring or early summer. These seed pods usually break off to allow the seeds to be scattered.
These seeds usually take roughly 10 days to germinate when exposed to temperatures between 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. While purslane plants can grow anywhere, people typically prefer growing them indoors. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to successfully grow purslane indoors:11
  1. Acquire seeds or stem cuttings. Purslane seeds can usually be acquired from scattered purslane plants, but they can also be bought online. If you choose to gather seeds from wild purslane, make sure that the plants have not been treated pesticides or herbicides.
  2. Fill a pot with rich soil. You can also add in some soil from your compost bin as fertilizer. When planting seeds, make sure that you scatter them on top of the soil – do not cover them with the soil. Purslane seeds need light to germinate and take root. When using stem cuttings, lay the cuttings on the ground. It generally takes a few days before the cuttings take root.
  3. Make sure that you water the soil until it's moist. Avoid watering the soil to the point that it gets too soggy. Purslane seeds need only a limited amount of water to germinate.
  4. Keep the pot in a location where it can get enough sunlight. The seeds will take about two weeks to sprout.
A reminder on purslane plant care: It can spread fast and can become invasive if not contained efficiently. It is recommended that you cut a purslane plant before the flowers appear so as not to allow it to spread at an alarming pace. It also grows annually, which will require you to aquire seeds from your plants to make sure that you don't run out of sprouts.12
How to Eat Purslane
Purslane can be eaten either raw or cooked. If you're planning on eating raw purslane, make sure that the plant is pesticide and herbicide free to prevent accidental ingestion of harmful chemicals such as Roundup.
Anybody tried the purslane ?
I ask as I have it in abundance (picture attached). When I read first time this post I looked for translation to romanian (result: purslane). I ask my wife if she knows this plant and is called "iarba grass" (fat weed) so it can be that has Omega 3.
But I am wondering how good it can do? (because is not part of carnivore diet)
If nobody tried it, I will do it :D

Anybody tried the purslane ?
I ask as I have it in abundance (picture attached). When I read first time this post I looked for translation to romanian (result: purslane). I ask my wife if she knows this plant and is called "iarba grass" (fat weed) so it can be that has Omega 3.
But I am wondering how good it can do? (because is not part of carnivore diet)
If nobody tried it, I will do it :D
You can give it to pigs and chickens. In that way, you can get a healthy lard and eggs. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom