Occupations for these times

mugatea

Jedi Master
Hi, with the near future of the economy not looking good, if there is a crash should some of us start looking for more secure jobs now before the poo hits? I'm a self-employed dog walker and work alone so that's been a blessing regarding not being coerced to get a vaccine and being able to keep working during the past lockdown. In fact with the restrictions taking place around the world concerning what the unvaxxed can do, I feel like I can slip thru the net somewhat or will be one of the last, yet should the economy collapse will anyone need my service? Should we look for different jobs now that will hopefully still be there should the economy collapse or hold tight for the time being?

If the economy collapses, many many jobs are in danger, excluding maybe essential jobs like fire-fighting, ambulance etc. I really cannot see any other, regular job being 100% secure to keep going, but would suggest striving to be as much independent from the system as possible.
There has been a lot of talk here about stocking food supplies, medications, tools etc. That would surely buy you decent time in order to see what to do next, depending on the current situation.
Whatever happens, some kind of work will surely need to be done, even in the worst case scenario, for instance growing food, sewing, knotting, log chopping and splitting, etc.

If the system does not collapse and the "only" issue you will face is keep going on without taking a jab, we will probably still have internet and you could perhaps work some kind of a remote job. For example, I personally had to switch career after more than 12 years, as I refused to play with corporate Covid rules. Remote jobs from your laptop seem like a good option so far.

Keep faith, try to be prepared and we all hope that good news will come eventually. :)

If the economy collapses, many many jobs are in danger, excluding maybe essential jobs like fire-fighting, ambulance etc. I really cannot see any other, regular job being 100% secure to keep going, but would suggest striving to be as much independent from the system as possible.
There has been a lot of talk here about stocking food supplies, medications, tools etc. That would surely buy you decent time in order to see what to do next, depending on the current situation.
Whatever happens, some kind of work will surely need to be done, even in the worst case scenario, for instance growing food, sewing, knotting, log chopping and splitting, etc.

If the system does not collapse and the "only" issue you will face is keep going on without taking a jab, we will probably still have internet and you could perhaps work some kind of a remote job. For example, I personally had to switch career after more than 12 years, as I refused to play with corporate Covid rules. Remote jobs from your laptop seem like a good option so far.

Keep faith, try to be prepared and we all hope that good news will come eventually. :)
How ironic that I see this. In the last few years I have learned to garden, bought a sewing machine but also needles and thread (incase of no power) and creative things that I can do without electricity.

I am a RN and had left because of government regulations in 2010. I then worked as an international Art Broker, that kinda fell in my lap as I had ZERO knowledge of art. I did that from 2013-2021. I did go back to Nursing in 2020 but left in May of 2021. There were too many people in nursing for the money. I entered Nursing to make a difference in a life even if just one. I was touched by a nurse and her treatment of my dying grandfather in 1993 and decided nursing was for me.

Anyway, back to my main reason of posting….. I am working to be a nurse concierge basically I can provide a service that others will need that will be beneficial in their quality of life.

Back
Top Bottom