Nurturing creativity with paints and brushes

Mikkael

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hello, I would like to share some of my creative work, which I am doing these days to keep me balanced, during the lock-down. I've developed fondness for painting and drawing pictures. It started unexpectedly five years ago, when during spring and summer months I was spending daily some time sitting in the kitchen, thinking and trying to write about highs and lows of my life, trying to find something to hold on to, for I felt lost and was searching for new direction in my personal life. One day instead of writing I would start moving pencil to follow some shadows reflected from textured surface of cup standing close by on the table. Time disappeared and after a couple of hours, when I finished this drawing, it was like revelation. I felt something came back from my childhood, something I always liked, and I felt revitalized and been continuing since then.
Burning.jpg

Bears.jpg

Starshine.jpg

Eon.jpg

C'est magnifique, vos peintures sont très inspirantes...
Je faisais des "Reborn" mais quand ma Maman est décédée le 7 mars 2015, je n'en ai plus fait, je n'en avais plus envie...
Vous pouvez les voir sur ma page Facebook : La Nurserie de Perlou / Christiane Triquet

It's beautiful, your paintings are very inspiring...
I used to make "Reborn" but when my mom passed away on March 7, 2015, I didn't make any more, I didn't feel like it anymore...
You can see them on my Facebook page : La Nurserie de Perlou / Christiane Triquet

Since my last post here I though I may update the thread with some of the latest samples of my artwork.

Sun goddess, mother, goddess of light and life (segment detail of larger work), acrylics on paper
Sun goddes of Life_cut.jpg

Sacred moments of daily life (acrylics on paper)
Sacred world.jpg

Moonshine (oil on canvas board)
Birds in moon_oil.jpg

Made of dreams
Made of dreams.jpg

Earth Opening.jpg

Congratulations on your colourful paintings. A lot of fluidity and life. I really like the painting with the woman sitting in the green dress and the blue hair. It reminds me of card 17 of The Star tarot.:wizard:

Beautiful paintings! I get a feeling of calm when I look at them. I really like 'Moonshine'. It's just my opinion but that one has a quality to it that's different from the others. It also makes me think it was painted by a Brazilian artist. 😉 Yes, I like that one very much. 🖼️

Beautiful paintings! I get a feeling of calm when I look at them. I really like 'Moonshine'. It's just my opinion but that one has a quality to it that's different from the others. It also makes me think it was painted by a Brazilian artist. 😉 Yes, I like that one very much. 🖼️
Thanks Benjamin! and I'm glad you find some joy to look at it too. Lately I work more with oil paints and it is my guess why you might perceive Moonshine a bit differently. And it is curious thing, that somehow in my paintings there's 'genetic' connection to south-central american art, never before have I been exposed to that art at all. It is only now that I am becoming aware of painters around the world.

Back
Top Bottom