Nursery water

S

seekingObjectivity

I am aware that the topic of fluoride has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, but has the topic of fluoride in water being advertised as being "beneficial" for babies been discussed? I am at my friend's house at the moment and I noticed that he has been buying water labeled as "nursery water" for his girlfriend's baby and it specifically says that it has been "specially formulated" for a baby's health. This "special formulation" includes among many other things 0.7% fluoride. I told him that I've read that flouride has been shown to be detrimental to one's mental health and that it might be a good idea if he quit giving the baby this type of water. However, everytime I try to tell him something that deals with what he calls "conspiracies" of this sort he just puts his hand to his ears and screams "blah blah blah blah"! It seems no matter how hard I try to help someone out in this way they immediately stop listening! Any ideas, suggestions to get him to listen? He won't even read the research that has been done! I feel really bad for his girlfriend's daughter she's only eight months old. I would just tell her directly but she seems to listen to him any ideas?!

You can't force anything on people who are not ready/willing to hear it. You've got to respect free will. A lot of people enjoy their illusions about this world, even to the extent that it harms the people around them. Looks like your buddy has chosen the dreaded blue pill.

0.7% fluoride. Did I read it right? The fluoride in tap water is just 4ppm. 0.7% is nearly 2000 times higher than the level in tap water. He is really poisoning the baby :mad:

[Edit] I just had a look at nursery water on the web and the fluoride level is 0.7ppm, not 0.7%. Still it is from 4 to 29 times higher than the level in breast milk. (Data here: http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/000109.htm)

seekingObjectivity said:
Any ideas, suggestions to get him to listen? He won't even read the research that has been done! I feel really bad for his girlfriend's daughter she's only eight months old. I would just tell her directly but she seems to listen to him any ideas?!
You've done all that you can. Perhaps you've planted a seed in his mind that may grow if he were to hear or read some new information from another source that finally made him ponder the possibility that flouride is a dangerous substance...then again, perhaps not. As for the girlfriend, hopefully, she will hear about your remarks from her boyfriend...and at least look into her husband's friend's advice. (As a mother, I sure would.)

I have somone close to me whom I care for. This person is very educated and has a scientific mind. However, when I once broached the subject of flouride being a detriment to ones health and brain functioning, he shut down; but not before spouting the 'flouride prevents cavities' program instilled in him since he was a child. He refuses to even research the subject, stating that he doesn't have time for such 'conspiratorial' pursuits. (Another program, instilled in him more recently to counter flouride concerns.) In our home, we use two different brands of toothpaste. I use Tom's of Maine natural paste, while he uses Tom's of Maine with flouride. (Yes, Tom's of Maine, a crunchy granola, 'natural' company here in the USA, sells a toothpaste with flouride!) As much as I care for this person, I know instinctively the subject is not worth debating. It's not easy watching someone you love consume poison on a daily basis.

Respecting another person's free will can be tricky. In the late 1990's, someone suggested that I read a transcript of a Congressional testimony that dealt with horrific child sex abuse and government-sponsored mind control experimentation. Initially, I refused to believe the testimony because it was so horrific and went against my illusions that so organized an evil done by 'respectable' people in positions of power was utterly impossible...the stuff of sensationalist film scripts or mentally unbalanced 'conspiracy theorists.' But the seed was planted...and I decided to take the red pill and do some research on my own...to disprove it...which oddly enough, eventually led me to study UFO's, (a subject I had been programmed to laugh at) health matters, and a host of other subjects I had previously ignored.

Still, it may be wise to be a tad cautious when broaching certain subjects to individuals not ready for the truth. I am also aware than were it not for someone at least mentioning a possibility to me pertaining to a certain matter, (then letting me decide what to do with the information) I would not be on this forum looking for answers to other important matters.

My two cents.

As NormaRegula says, just to plant the seed is sometimes the only, and best, thing that can be done in these circumstances. You don't want to negate these peoples' free will.

I have found that trying to "help" others see things the way you do is NOT the way to go.

First, you are infringing on their free will to see things the way that they want to see them at this time.

Second, you could be making it harder for them to learn the lessons they are suppose to be learning. You cannot learn for them.

And I have been guilty of this. Trying to "shine the light" upon different subjects for my husband. But, through reading the different things on this and related Cass/Sott websites has showed me that what I was doing was wrong.

So as I learned, I stopped trying to shove what I have learned down others throats and have been very surprised. My husband has started to see things, here and there, for what they are. He is seeing the twisted ways the media is putting disinformation out there, for one. Just small baby steps.

You never know how the seeds that are planted will sprout and grow. But they need to grow on their own. At least that's the way I see it at this time.

NormaRegula said:
seekingObjectivity said:
Any ideas, suggestions to get him to listen? He won't even read the research that has been done! I feel really bad for his girlfriend's daughter she's only eight months old. I would just tell her directly but she seems to listen to him any ideas?!
You've done all that you can. Perhaps you've planted a seed in his mind that may grow...
I agree, just aim to plant that seed of doubt. Also, my advice would be to learn as much as you can about the fluoride dangers. I've found people often back up their actions with doctrinated BS and illusions ("...they wouldn't do something like that!", or "my dentist said..."). With good knowledge you can easily put these to bed, and then just leave it there. You may still get the same reaction, but you'll gain a certain respect. Then, if they want to learn more you are able to share your knowledge on the subject. It's always hard to get someone to just read a book or look at some research that's not 100% willing.

It is frustrating when the "...it's all just conspiracies..." defence mechanisms starts to kick in. If it's someone close, i'd just say "Call me an idiot all you want, but if I am, i'm an idiot that cares". You can't do much more, or you risk straining your relationship.

I can't usually remember the many great quotes i see when reading SOTT material, except this one, it always sums up your kind of situation for me.

"It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat."

You're asking him more that just to believe the truth.

R.

I'd like to thank everyone for their sincere responses to this situation. I'll try to broach the subject a few more times the next few times I see him or his girlfriend and hopefully the seed will begin to grow.

Back
Top Bottom