NuCalm Latest Fad, Tool or “short-cut”?

Seems to me a “marriage “ of these different techniques might yield greater results.
The most powerful combination would be a union of three elements in a closed loop:

1) Meditative practice/discipline
2) EEG-based measurement of the current dominant brainwave frequency
3) Binaural brainwave entrainment - controlled by 2)

Combined, a user could set a target brain state, and then begin to meditate. The system would migrate them to the target state and lock it in with optimal speed and efficiency, based on their level of meditative ability, and the discipline of meditative practice would maximize its benefit!

The potential benefits to humanity would be beyond comprehension - and I am restraining myself here...

Combined, you could annihilate stress/anxiety in - literally - seconds, achieve the benefit of hours of sleep in - literally - minutes, and eliminate the need for caffeine and sleeping pills forever...

That is why, in my above posts, I decry the lack of availability of a cheap/reliable/safe EEG device...

That is why, in my above posts, I decry the lack of availability of a cheap/reliable/safe EEG device...
With the processing power of today’s phone’s you’d think “ they’re be an app for that”.
However anything that effective at helping people become “healthy” is likely to be regulated out of existence or in to a controlled environment.
Sadly technological advancements are driven by other than humanitarian desires.
Wonder why companies like N.Op are not incorporating these methods, or are they? The positive/negative reenforcement allows the brain to make its own adjustments rather than entraining the frequency??
Are the electrodes strictly passive? or this there any signal transmitted from the NO device?
Guess it all boils down to passive vs (somewhat) active approach, which is ”better”and for what condition and why?
I have a suspicion that there are to many variables to form a comprehensive model at our current knowledge.
”Baby“ steps are in order...
Thanks all for the thoughtfilled discussion, need to study more...

With the processing power of today’s phone’s you’d think “ they’re be an app for that”.
However anything that effective at helping people become “healthy” is likely to be regulated out of existence or in to a controlled environment.
Sadly technological advancements are driven by other than humanitarian desires.
Wonder why companies like N.Op are not incorporating these methods, or are they? The positive/negative reenforcement allows the brain to make its own adjustments rather than entraining the frequency??
Are the electrodes strictly passive? or this there any signal transmitted from the NO device?
Guess it all boils down to passive vs (somewhat) active approach, which is ”better”and for what condition and why?
I have a suspicion that there are to many variables to form a comprehensive model at our current knowledge.
”Baby“ steps are in order...
Thanks all for the thoughtfilled discussion, need to study more...
Only the latest phones have the processing power to dynamically synthesize Entrainment signals in real time. Most apps - even today - merely playback pre-recorded wave files.

My app was not possible just ~ 5 years ago. I know (I tried)...

EEG requires hardware - electrodes that connect to the scalp, coupled with very sensitive amplifiers that are tuned to eliminate noise while amplifying the very weak brainwave signals.

Such technology is VERY tightly regulated and is, as a result, typically expensive.

NeurOptima uses this technology and provides a great measurement of brainwave activity that allows users to learn how to regulate their brainwaves directly.

Meanwhile, the Entrainment approach does not know what is going on inside your head and simply overlays an entrainment signal over the top.

Without the need to use regulated hardware, Entrainment software and audio files can be cheap to the point of being free.

Typically, the folks designing the EEG hardware have not caught up with the spectacular recent advances in the modern portable computers (we call phones), and their software.

As a result, they tend to lag behind modern phone hardware and software.

Eventually there will be good/reliable/safe/cheap EEG devices that link directly to the latest phone software - but we are not there yet...

Back
Top Bottom