new video

abstract

Dagobah Resident
I read an article on sott that got me all wired up...LOTS OF F BOMBS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CBjiHbNBo

and yes, this is another rant. that's how i roll. :scooter:

Cool your jets abstract :)
It is a messed up world we are living in, but it's no good if you turn yourself into another Alex Jones :cool2:

abstract said:
I read an article on sott that got me all wired up...LOTS OF F BOMBS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. :D

I had to stop watching about a minute into it since your language is absolutely offensive. It is understandable that you're angry/"wired up" from reading the article about Millard situation, but it's not a good idea to throw external consideration out the window.

Ha ha, OK guys, I can take it down a notch next time...i don't know what crawled into me right there.

but at the same time, it was like a spur of the moment thing.

Not a very good example for our work either.

Well, if any of you think i need to take down my video say something now. I do what i do because that's who i am, but also wouldn't want to make any of us look bad, if you feel i have crossed a line somewhere? I'll take it down if you want, but i really like getting the angries out like that.

EDIT: never mind, already took it down.

abstract said:
Ha ha, OK guys, I can take it down a notch next time...i don't know what crawled into me right there.

but at the same time, it was like a spur of the moment thing.

Well, if any of you think i need to take down my video say something now. I do what i do because that's who i am, but also wouldn't want to make any of us look bad, if you feel i have crossed a line somewhere? I'll take it down if you want, but i really like getting the angries out like that.

EDIT: never mind, already took it down.

Hi Abstract
You say thats who i am , is that really who you are? Personally I would have tried to remove the foul language first and then do your thing i.e. write a scrip first. I can go the pub or somewhere else and listen to people swear in such a way , getting their angries out as you say. Im glad to hear you´ve taken it down.

You say thats who i am , is that really who you are?

No, just trying to pointlessly justify my f-bombs.

Personally I would have tried to remove the foul language first and then do your thing i.e. write a scrip first

in all honesty and sincerity, I do apologize if i offended anyone, however it seemed okay at the time. all there is are lessons.

Now...for those of you who saw it before i took it down: foul language aside, did we see the point i was trying to make? I think you all did, i forget sometimes that

foul language can be a turnoff. but like i said in the vid, i hadn't slept and i was full of energy and i just wanted to vent and place blame on something.

abstract said:
foul language can be a turnoff. but like i said in the vid, i hadn't slept and i was full of energy and i just wanted to vent and place blame on something.

So you just kind of let your programs run the show?

So you just kind of let your programs run the show?

I want to answer your question truthfully, but at the moment I'm afraid I cannot form a response because i'm not too sure either way.

Maybe a more specific question is to be requested?

Sorry if i'm just being dense.

How about if it was put this way:

You sat down in front of the camera and just started ranting, without any forethought into what you were going to say.

In other words, you were acting mechanically. Those programmes that make up 'abstract', the wrapper you have built around yourself to survive, was running on auto-pilot.

Does that make more sense?

Yup, sure does make sense now that you explain it that way.

i don't always run on "auto pilot" but i suppose i was at that point.

abstract said:
You say thats who i am , is that really who you are?

No, just trying to pointlessly justify my f-bombs.

Personally I would have tried to remove the foul language first and then do your thing i.e. write a scrip first

in all honesty and sincerity, I do apologize if i offended anyone, however it seemed okay at the time. all there is are lessons.

Now...for those of you who saw it before i took it down: foul language aside, did we see the point i was trying to make? I think you all did, i forget sometimes that

Hi Abstract,

I did not view the video so cannot comment on that.

I have however read your posts with interest. :)

What strikes me at first is how you continue the same behaviour throughout this thread, namely placing caveats that somehow justify. :huh:

You say that 'all there is are lessons'. True. Yet this bothers me for it seems as if you have reached for this 'caveat' as well in trying to explain away what you did and the responses (conscious feedback) received.

What is more disturbing is that it could very well be the case that you simply ignore the poignancy behind this phrase by shuffling the experience away as "oh, well, it is all just lessons."

I hope to make myself clear here, for I have seen this A LOT before and am wary of the potential for such an attitude within myself as well. Namely, starting to use a little bit of knowledge we may have against ourselves rather than using it to work towards gaining more knowledge! It is very easy to use the WORDS but do the WORDS make the DEED? In other words, to SAY we 'learn our lessons' is one thing, to LEARN those lessons is another! And to reach for the phrase as an excuse is another matter altogether.

You clearly have an abundance of enthusiasm concerning the work on this forum, which is commendable, and nobody is questioning your sincerity. Yet have you ever read any Oscar Wilde? His humour is so irrreverent, which of course makes it superb and spot-on, but the point I am getting to is one quote in particular:

'A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal!'. :lol:

As I understand this he is commenting on that mechanical or fanatical approach towards life that just 'nods in agreement' without due consideration or recognition of the facts. What is said. REALITY. Yet who might this be 'fatal' towards?

Have you ever read your own posts? I mean, really READ them, as if they were written by someone else entirely? This may help in seeing what I see and 'jolting' you as it were. Start with this thread. Where did you say one thing (as if it were done and dusted, i.e. learnt) yet continue with the same behaviour?!

Frank Herbert wrote something along the same lines as Oscar Wilde, though it is a bit more 'esoteric'. That is, it cannot be taken literally, per se.

Ready comprehension is often a knee-jerk response and the most dangerous form of understanding. It blinks an opaque screen over your ablility to learn. The judgemental precedents of law function that way, littering your path with dead ends. Be warned. Understand nothing. All comprehension is temporary.

with kind regards,

~Leoursa

Hi, Leoursa.

Thanks for bringing that up. Let's touch on that.

When i made the video i was angry, bored, etc. (not that this excuses the behavior) and basically put it up with no forethought to what i was really doing.
When everyone commented on it, I felt like a retard, and I also feel that what I did was very unbecoming of someone who is trying to be paleochristian.

I leapt before i looked, and later realized that I made a mistake.

I was not trying to make light of the situation by saying "all there is are lessons", but Myrddin Awyr was right...i threw external considering to the wind, and what i should have said that i have learned a lesson about jumping the gun, so to speak, with the way i did the video. Also, you can imagine that my predator was going nuts at the thought of disapproval, and at first i did not even want to apologize, i thought "why should i?" but that's just programs running and so forth. (not that i am making a small issue out of my programs either.)

Have you ever read your own posts? I mean, really READ them, as if they were written by someone else entirely? This may help in seeing what I see and 'jolting' you as it were. Start with this thread. Where did you say one thing (as if it were done and dusted, i.e. learnt) yet continue with the same behaviour?!

programs/predator certainly does not like this statement. However, i thank you for pointing that out. I need to be more mindful about this in the future.
I do not want to write of anything you said with some kind of whimsical saying, or excuse, but i will say that I have a flipping cargo plane full of issues. Sometimes life feels hopeless and difficult and confusing and frustrating and you just don't really know what to say or do to make the situation "better." That's maybe why you are questioning why i continue the same behavior while acting like i'm not acting like that.

I felt a stress, and i wanted the stress to end.

Apologies if I am continuing this behavior you are referring to. I really don't like how i do that.

Back
Top Bottom