New show: NewsReal with Joe & Niall

Yes, YouTube took it down for 'medical misinformation'. What's interesting is that we explicitly left out mention of Covid, the pandemic, or the vaccines in both the title and description for the YT.

Didn't matter, someone at YT watched the show into its second hour and banned it anyway.

I appealed, asking them to specifically cite the offending claim. They replied within minutes: 'APPEAL DENIED', and upheld a 'two weeks ban from livestreaming'.

That's the merger of corporations and the state for you: fascism!

Frankly, I feel dirty being on that site at all. Bring on our 'complete ban'!

Don't know if this is useful, but I follow a lot of the censorship on YouTube - so I'll throw out a few ideas and strategies others have discussed/used

YouTube took it down for 'medical misinformation'. What's interesting is that we explicitly left out mention of Covid, the pandemic, or the vaccines in both the title and description for the YT.

Didn't matter, someone at YT watched the show into its second hour and banned it anyway.
The auto-caption generator works by translating all voices in a video to text. This means that the algorithms YouTube uses for banning people can just parse the text (thus 'listening' to what is said).
This means you have to be careful with what/how you say things - if your aim is to bypass the system. The system doesn't understand humor, sarcasm, irony or innuendo.
It could have been a human that did this (although unlikely, unless you guys are getting some sort of special treatment) - if so they also generally can't understand humor, sarcasm, irony or innuendo. NPC's act like slightly smarter algorithms.

It's also coming up to the midterms in the US, which always see's the algorithm throttle and ban many channels discussing anything even vaguely related to politics. Sometimes retroactively via much old videos. The speculation is the algorithm gets an update, and then re-checks every video on a channel.

fwiw YouTube is a bigger search engine than Google. It's also much freer than Google or any of the mainstream social media platforms - in-spite of it's faults and censorship.
So, if you guys want to have some fun with the 'mechanical tyrant' you can do what many others have learned to so. The substitution of 'trigger words' for humorous alternatives.
Off the top of my head:
Coof = covid
Jibjab = vaccine
Self deleted = suicide
Deleted = murdered/killed

I imagine the following words MAY trigger the algorithm too in coming months (just a guess, because no one knows):- Trump, Elections, Democracy, Stolen, Rigged, Inflation, Wuhan, Lockdowns, Fauci, Brandon etc
On the topic, here's someone I watch occasionally who is a master at avoiding 'problematic' words:

This means you have to be careful with what/how you say things - if your aim is to bypass the system. The system doesn't understand humor, sarcasm, irony or innuendo.

Thinking back to the video Scottie did on sentient AI. Still thinking on it, thinking on the limitations that AI cannot capture, although it can be programed to respond as if it knows - does it truly know?

Anyway, to this bypassing, there was a doctor people here might remember on YouTube, and every time he had to say the word vaccine or jab et cetera, he would hit his upper arm with his fist to mimic so he would not get banned. Pretty simple, and funny, yet unnecessary that one need play these games. I gave him full marks for trying his best.

Yeah, there are enough other sites, however can understand wanting to stay and also leave YT for reasons stated. You can also treat YT AI as a petty tyrant and play with it (might be a viewing wink wink attractor for audiences if you got good at it), albeit as said above, unnecessary.

So, if you guys want to have some fun with the 'mechanical tyrant' you can do what many others have learned to so. The substitution of 'trigger words' for humorous alternatives.
Off the top of my head:
Coof = covid
Jibjab = vaccine
Self deleted = suicide
Deleted = murdered/killed
Doubleplusgood. Evading YouTube censorship with Newspeak!
Joe: Clearly, there is an excess of vaporizations this year.
Niall: Because of persons taking overmeds?
Joe: No, caused by happygerm.
Niall: Plusungood.
Joe: It gets doubleplusungood if you crimethink.
Orwell would be proud.

Doubleplusgood. Evading YouTube censorship with Newspeak!

Orwell would be proud.
Newspeak is defined as follows:
The political purpose of Newspeak is to eliminate the expression of the shades of meaning inherent in ambiguity and nuance from Oldspeak (Standard English). In order to reduce the language's function of communication, Newspeak uses concepts of simple construction, such as pleasure vs. pain and happiness vs. sadness. Additionally, goodthink and crimethink linguistically reinforce the State's totalitarian dominance of the people of Oceania. The Party's long-term goal with regard to the new language is for every member of the Party and society, except the Proles—the working-class of Oceania—to exclusively communicate in Newspeak, by A.D. 2050.[1]: 309 

In Newspeak, English root words function as both nouns and verbs, which reduce the vocabulary available for the speaker to communicate meaning. For example, think is both a noun and a verb, thus, the word thought is not functionally required to communicate the concepts of thought in Newspeak and therefore is not in the Newspeak vocabulary.

As personal communication, Newspeak is to be spoken in staccato rhythm, using words that are short and easy to pronounce. The Party intends to make speech physically automatic and intellectually unconscious in order to diminish the possibility of critical thought occurring to the speaker. English words of comparative and superlative meanings and irregular spellings were simplified into regular spellings; thus, better becomes gooder and best becomes goodest. The prefixes plus- and doubleplus- are used for emphasis (for example, pluscold meaning "very cold" and doublepluscold meaning "extremely cold"). Adjectives are formed by adding the suffix –ful to a root-word, e.g. goodthinkful means "Orthodox in thought."; while adverbs are formed by adding the suffix –wise, e.g. goodthinkwise means "In an orthodox manner".
The purpose of changing the language in the video is to not reduce the vocabulary, but to repurpose other descriptors (hopefully comical) for the express purpose of bypassing a censor.
Think of fiction being used to express a truth, or better yet comedy being used as a means to deliver the truth.
So I don't think this fits the definition of Newspeak.

And to add, doublespeak's definition is:
If you refer to what someone says as doublespeak, you are criticizing them for presenting things in a way that is intended to hide the truth or give people the wrong idea.
It may fit the definition of doublespeak in a very narrow band. The aim is to give the (algorithmic) censor the wrong idea, but not the audience.

The aim of such a technique is to be able to continue to give the audience the truth without being censored.
There may be some moral or psychological reasons why such a technique is perhaps not good? But if done consciously in a way that the audience understand 'the joke' - then I think it's ok.
A real life example of this would be "Let's go Brandon!" - everyone in on 'the joke' understands the true meaning of the words, and they bypass the censors.

{snip}
The aim of such a technique is to be able to continue to give the audience the truth without being censored.
There may be some moral or psychological reasons why such a technique is perhaps not good? But if done consciously in a way that the audience understand 'the joke' - then I think it's ok.
{snip}
I want to say I think the same way - maybe it is inevitable that one day we are all off these platforms, but in the meantime we CAN take up the challenge to keep a message going there for a little while, and have a little fun with algorithm avoidance tactics. At some point it may become tiresome and then that is it, I suppose.

We still can't stream on YouTube, so to watch today's show live you'll have to go to the SOTT.net FB page, or the SOTT.net VK page.

Otherwise, it'll be up on Rumble and Odysee shortly.

We still can't stream on YouTube, so to watch today's show live you'll have to go to the SOTT.net FB page, or the SOTT.net VK page.

Otherwise, it'll be up on Rumble and Odysee shortly.
Maybe YouTube is becoming TheirTube? VK and FB are okay too, though comments on one do not get transferred. The good thing is that one can immediately share on FB and VK.

Back
Top Bottom