New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

We're glad you're enjoying it! Matthew sure does make some intriguing and timely connections doesn't he?

And we recommend reading the referenced articles discussed (links below).

Thank you, I can't wait for you to have him on again! Great format, always interesting subjects and high level information for sure!

Regarding the show Matthew Ehret: Technocracy's Seeds of Transhumanism, it was hard to come up for air (he is certainly passionate on subjects) - and it was fun in that kind of way when speaking of such serious subjects, that you all help foster the atmosphere.

Briefly, something about Matt discussing abstract art, and to paraphrase and embellish, it was something like the abstract art enthusiast bringing people down to that level; oh, don't you see what 'we' see, it is so mazing, yes? The observer being guilted to capitulating with the crowd who are oohing and ahhing. The observer says with a smile, oh, I now see what you mean (not). :umm:

Matt mentions the word 'helmsman' - and how it was used (cybernetics - the art of steering in Greek, or as 'governor' in latin), while also seeing how systems are organized under direct tutelage of the helmsman who navigate from here to there (no one need think about it) with the modern though fleets (progressive social, medical et cetera). Unfortunately, many or most are stuck on the boat with the helmsman thinking that that course is the correct course, and how many now align with those 'governors' today.

There was an interesting counterbalance to the Russel gang, with discussion on Leibniz, along with Kurt Gödel et cetera, and how much of the works of Leibniz had been suppressed, removed and hidden away as a threat to the adopted Russell closed system designs.

Here is that particular article on SOTT.net

From Russell and Hilbert to Wiener and Harari: The Disturbing Origins of Cybernetics and Transhumanism -- Sott.net

Thanks as always, guys!

Well, I never would have imagined that 'wokeness' would warrant so much discussion and analysis - but alas, it seems to be an on-going sickness that points to a number of very important and different world-impacting issues at the moment. So the MindMatters crew got together to flesh it out a bit more in this most recent show.

Though not covered in the recent show, I heartily recommend the following subject-related article for those of you who may have missed it on SOTT: The Intersectional Empire Takes On The World - as It certainly explains a few things!

MindMatters: The Emperor Has New Clothes: Wokism Is a Mask of Sanity

As we continue to observe the ever-encroaching signs of 'woke' thinking, ideology, language, behavior, and political policy in western society we find it necessary to take a step back and ask ourselves: what is wokism actually a sign of? What undergirds it, stratifies it and gives its "power"? And more specifically, what are the underlying psychological conditions and deficiencies among so many - that make this virulent and dangerous movement what its come to be as we're seeing it today?

Today on MindMatters we dissect wokism using the lens of ponerology. Wokism isn't just a bad idea. It's a mask for something much worse, just as communism and fascism were in the twentieth century.

A few months ago we got to discuss the book The Leadership Genius of Julius Caesar with author Philip Barlag - who we've brought on again - to delve into the truly dark side of Roman rule in the same era - which he examines in his new and surprisingly entertaining book:

MindMatters: Phillip Barlag: Murderers, Tyrants and Lunatics - A History of Rome at Its Worst

Extreme avarice. Fratricide. Megalomania. Debauchery. Genocide. At the height of its power and influence ancient Rome was led by some truly crazy and terrifying people. Caligula and Nero come to mind as the most famous, but they had a lot of company: men (and women) whose unbridled ambition and wielding of power were employed to absolutely horrible and destructive effect. And even if they were assassinated (which was quite often the case!), another grossly incompetent and tyrannical psychopath was quite often installed to replace them! Knowing this history, it seems like a true wonder that Rome was as relatively stable as it was for as long as it was.

But who were these individuals whose names we are probably unfamiliar with? What levers of influence did they use to assume the seat of power? And how did the famed empire manage to survive the rule of such figures?

Join us this week on MindMatters as we talk to author Phillip Barlag and discuss his new book Evil Roman Emperors: The Shocking History of Ancient Rome's Most Wicked Rulers from Caligula to Nero and More - and get a glimpse into a place and time that may make the evils we see now pale in comparison.

Phillip Barlag is such an entertaining guest. Thank you for having him on again! I found it interesting to hear him speak of the transmission of power through the adoption of sons instead of begotten sons. I had just come to that part in Laura's book when she said: " The adoption of adult males helped to stabilize or expand ruling families and formed a key part of imperial ideology." So the show added some more depth to what I was reading. Mr. Barlag has a way of bringing some of these concepts and characters to life. Love listening to him.

(I posted this on the NewsReal show and thought it would also fit in here, as a possible discussion topic)

Speaking of what are you going to do. What to do if/when faced with difficult decisions, where one may have to deal with separation, confinement, or the D word, while following whatever form of resistance they choose to follow?

It’s kind of like walking the razors edge in the fog. I find one of these difficulties is dealing with the issue of doubt “am I doing the right thing”? In this fog we really can’t just do what the others in our group are doing as each and ever situation is individualized just for us. The right thing to do, is the right thing in your individual nuanced situation at that time.

The time of the masses having the comfort of rule of law and basic social cooperation are ending quickly, and we are sinking deeper into a time of cheat-steal-&-lie. Can we cheat steal and lie, for the ultimate good? When is telling a lie a good thing? (No, I’m not hiding Jews in the basement.)

We will be making mistakes. And, that’s ok! Pick yourself up, dust off, and keep moving.

We’re not ones to tell each other what to do. And now is no different. Take the jab. Don’t take the jab. Be a martyr. Don’t be a martyr. Fight! Hide! And so on. For now, I have boiled it down to asking the DCM to help me live my destiny, and fulfil my hearts desires. If that leads to martyrdom or hiding in a basement until it’s safe to come out, so be it. I think if a person’s desires are to be true and do the right thing, then the mistakes are of less consequence.

This would be a tricky discussion, but I would like to see us have it. As best we can anyway. I’m posting it here on the NewsReal show, but perhaps it would fit better over at the Mind Matters Show. So, I’ll post it over there as well, as a possible show discussion. (it’s also possible that the subject is too nebulous, and too easily misconstrued by listeners to have, and that may be the case)

The below video/podcast was posted on the “My Astra Zeneca shots and the effect on me” thread, by Zzartemis. We are collectivist, or a group in the work, yet there is an individual part to the soul’s advancement that I think we should look at, especially if we find ourselves in the future detached for communication with each other. I found this ½ hour video thought provoking. A quote. “In freedom everyone’s path will be different”

Thanks for keeping these show coming.

Last edited:
It's an excellent show! Thank you. Phillip Barlag is fun to listen to, too. I really enjoyed the show.
Enjoyed his recent talk also.

When it came to the prior talk of his on Caesar, was thumbing through my copy of Valerius Antias and Caesar by Carl Zohren just today and was thinking, wonder if Barlag had happen to read this book. It offers a lot, imo.

The MindMatters crew has been trying to come at the subject of totalitarianism/Ponerology from as many different angles as possible (in case that wasn't already clear! ;-)). And the following most recent discussion we had adds, we think, quite a bit more to chew on!

MindMatters: Arthur Versluis: The New Inquisitions vs the Mystical State

Arthur Versluis, professor of religious studies at Michigan State University, is the author of dozens of books and an expert on Western mysticism and esotericism, especially the Christian theosophic tradition. He's also an expert on the intellectual origins of totalitarianism, the subject of his excellent 2006 book, The New Inquisitions.

Today on MindMatters we talk with Arthur about a range of subjects: totalitarianism, ponerology, gnosis, Christian mystics, decentralization, and the "mystical state," a vision of politics informed not by dualistic and secular philosophy, but the mystical center of the spiritual life - the topic of his 2011 book of the same name. Arthur also talks about his latest book, a conversation with psychologist and Christian theosophist Robert J. Faas.

We recently had what I think (and hope!) was a useful and constructive discussion about the choices we make as individuals, and with each other, as we face the ever-encroaching forces of totalitarianism - as well as some of the many considerations this involves. Enjoy:

MindMatters: Finding Your Red Line: Lessons from Milgram and the Holocaust

As things continue to get worse culturally and politically, it pays to ask oneself how far one will go. What are the limits to my obedience to authority? At what point do I become what I hate? To avoid becoming a monster, the first step is to draw some red lines: things we simply will not do. But will we actually stick to them, or simply go along with the crowd when the challenge proves too difficult? History is not flattering to our high ideals and self-images. When it comes down to it, the vast majority of people will do whatever they are told to do, given the right conditions. That's why a study of history and the famous Milgram experiment can be so helpful.

Today on MindMatters we look at the limits of obedience to authority (with reference to Christopher Browning's book Ordinary Men, and Philip Zimbardo's Lucifer Effect). These facts about human nature may be depressing, but they also offer the way out by providing the motivation to prepare for the future, now. Without a bit of self-knowledge, there is no guarantee you will not be just another miserable cell in the collective mob. But with it, there's at least a chance of hope that you can resist, and that others will be inspired to follow suit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom