New music by BlueToad (English and French musique 'engagée')

syldan

Dagobah Resident
MissRoBee and I, are hard at it, since leaving the city for the country side, producing songs nearly daily to reach a maximum of people with our message, which is somewhat similar to the messages shared on this forum. There are english and french songs: here are a few playlists for your listeing pleasure, we hope you enjoy (our songs are not easy songs, and usually tend to create some uneasiness) because this forum is the ideal place for them to be heard:

DanleMiel mostly in french:

MissRoBee and DanleMiel in english:

Our instrumental works:

MissRoBee in reaction to the Me2 meme, answered by a bMol, which signifies slow down! Things are not always as they seem?:

We hope you enjoy some... We can see that many of our songs are disturbing to many, so at lest here we feel nobody will be taken aback with our perspective on actuality?

ann/ dan
MissRoBee/ DanleMiel

romochar,

Wish I could speak French to get the full meaning of some of the songs but I get the spirit of them anyway.

Thanks for sharing. :cool2:

Hey music lovers, here is our 2019 digital album; SOFT COUP D'ÉCLAT

All out funky instrumentals for dance and party plus a few remixes of our work by other artists, and other voices along the same theme: SPIRIT OF CARACAS, BOGOTA BLUES, PARIS ON FIRE, and many more!

SOFT COUP D'ÉCLAT - BlueToad & friends

romochar,

Wish I could speak French to get the full meaning of some of the songs but I get the spirit of them anyway.

Thanks for sharing. :cool2:

Just read what I had originally written: Talk about self-sabottage? Some days are like that, whereas, I think we're adjusting as everyone else is....

Just read what I had originally written: Talk about self-sabottage? Some days are like that, whereas, I think we're adjusting as everyone else is....

romochar,

Do you play your music for live audiences? I just wondered. The titles in the new album seem to express some awareness of current events but there are not a lot of lyrics so I really can't know what the message is for much of the music and don't speak French so I lose even those parts.

You are to me a very unique blend for maybe a niche audience. Electronic music is not my favorite but I like a lot of different genres. I think the song I liked best was Not So Chicken After All. Just like that Funky sound. That song is so layered it kind of pulls you into it.

For expressing ideas I think more lyrics would allow you to communicate them to a wider audience? I can kind of picture your music as cinema background for painting musical emotional content or maybe you could put video with it. Just some thoughts.

Thank you Goyacobol,

Thank you for being in tune and listening to our work, it means a lot to us... To answer some of your questions: As BlueToad (band) my partner and I play live sets several times a year in festivals or small venues, as a duo backed up by other musicians, where we are more of a DJ/VJ team, singing and playing a certain number of songs along with the pre-recorded material. Our shows are interspaced with projected visuals and musical sequences very much like a complete band depending on the gig.... (Ann (MissRoBee) is a jazz musician whereas I am a writer and visual artist - sound techy - so we bring onboard the best of of our friends to make our concerts as entertaining as we can. We also work under: HippSaints, and I as TrapMystic for dj-vj gigs...

One thing to remember is that we are retired (ealry to late fifties) and do this as a (somewhat) passion and not to "make it" or "make money from it", we do it cause there are 24 hours to a day, and instead of watching teevee we feel better creating something of our own. So, for the last playlist: FUNKED UP, we have projected to involve lyrics but havent gotten around to it yet. We post our compos straight from the instrumental basis, and then a little at a time turn the tracks into songs, and invite our listeners and collaborators to bring input. It is a slow but natural progression sometimes involving other artists from all over the planet. Sometimes we just go for it and freestyle it! (very liberating work process, our own therapy of sorts)

We made a few video clips, over the years for our own work, mostly for others, some of which are more to the point today then they were when we first made them: here is a page where we test our own stuff and post work with others as well. Mostly the videos we've made are jobs for others and they own and manage the final works. but you can see here a few clips that we still have on one of our Youtube pages. If one clicks on the "videos" menu and start at the oldest, you can see and hear what we are up to on several levels. Work for us, work for others, etc.

YOUTUBE Media by BlueToad

Here are some of MissRoBee (Ann)'s versions and jazzy versions of some of our stuff, all played on a keyboard interface to compose our songs:

MissRoBee - In the Honey for Good

Some collaborations with artists abroad:

Collaboration selected - since 2017

We do not take ourselves more seriously than necessary! But it's a great way to evolve positively as far as we can feel!

Thank you! And thank you all forum members for listening to our work... And there has been a good lot of traffic from this page, it's very strenghtening to know that we are not alone in this.... Otherwise we would start golfing (joking or swimming marathons, ahaha...) Cheers to all... Although my partner does not speak english I spend many hours translating the incredible insights I feed on here! (No matter how I present it I always feel pretentious proposing my work?! That's probably why I am so bad at it?)

Thanks for sharing the links romochar.

it's very strenghtening to know that we are not alone in this.... Otherwise we would start golfing (joking or swimming marathons, ahaha...)

I don't see why you should not continue to make music that has meaning for you and who knows how many others.

I was partial to the Dan loves Ann by Imre Lodbrog and Barbara Browning video since it is more traditional and personal.

Also this one video was how I was thinking your music shines a bit more from my perspective but we all have different tastes in music and life itself I suppose.

Martin Luther-King goes to the mountain top - DanleMeil

Back
Top Bottom