New Forum layout April 2018

Just to report, I am working on an almost daily basis on Spanish translation, but unfortunately, I go slowlier than what I'd like :headbash:. Today I did complete half of document (~3000 segments).

It's interesting because I am used to reading and understanding texts in technical English without translating them, but putting them in Spanish, with a natural and understandable language, is difficult because in the Spanish-speaking world many terms have no translation and the terms are usually used directly in English. So, even though it's taking longer than expected, I'm having fun trying to sharpen my wit to make the texts understandable :headbanger:

XenForo 2.1 is in beta testing right now. New features it will bring:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions [I think this might be something other than just "Like"]
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments

Tables, bookmarks, and (thank god) one-click upgrades... The upgrade process right now is slow and complicated, so that's a bonus for Scotties.
:wow:

Just a comment on a recent development ...

Last night, I wanted to highlight "a quote" from a previous Member Post but when I go to transfer and insert the quote into "my Post" - I get the message below - yet the "insert box" remains at the bottom of the Post I'm drafting? I can "copy and paste" but I lose the signature/credit from the Member Post I'm quoting. This morning, in another thread, I tried to highlight a quote from a previous Member's Post and got the same message below. Prior to this - I had no problems in quoting content from a previous Post.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I'm getting this message for several days now ... when I try to insert a Quote from a Member Post:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console

Could someone Please advise me - how do I to fix this or is it something on your end? Thank you.

Please advise - I just received this message in "alerts" -

Your recent report has been resolved: - Seems like the problem is only at your end. Rgds.

I'm still getting the message I quoted in the last 2 Posts. "Oops!

So, how do I fix- "Oops"? I have "no control" over that "insert quotes" function on my end?

I'm getting this message for several days now ... when I try to insert a Quote from a Member Post:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console

Could someone Please advise me - how do I to fix this or is it something on your end? Thank you.

Same here, it's not when quoting a single post (reply), it is when it incorporates a secondary post tied to it (e.g. it either leaves the secondary post out or, if using 'insert quotes' I get the Oops thing. Thus was wondering if it is the browser (Firefox needing an update), yet it has been happening for a long time in my case so just worked around it.

, it is when it incorporates a secondary post tied to it (e.g. it either leaves the secondary post out or, if using 'insert quotes' I get the Oops thing.

Thus was wondering if it is the browser (Firefox needing an update), yet it has been happening for a long time in my case so just worked around it.

It's working for me, using Chrome. Probably a local issue.

I have tried many times to use "like" something I agree with, and the word "you" appears instead of the name I use in the forum.

That is to let "you" know your "like" is applied to that post since you always know who "you" is. Also if you click on the linked likes with the thumbs up on a post where there are multiple "likes" it will list the individuals who liked the post.

Hi @Scottie, I was saving a rather extensive new thread in this category on the forum that I was in the process of writing, redefining and improving before posting it and noticed today that it seems to have been lost. The last couple of days I was going there and clicked on the "Thread title" box and then a pop up appeared with the saved contents of this new thread post that I could edit and so forth. Today I went there and nothing appeared, so I hope it hasn't been deleted for some reason. :scared: Can you help me with that? It should be the last saved preview of mine. There also seems to be no place in the new forum where you can look at saved post and threads that you haven't posted yet as in the old one.

Hi @Scottie, I was saving a rather extensive new thread in this category on the forum that I was in the process of writing, redefining and improving before posting it and noticed today that it seems to have been lost.

The setting in the Admin is to save drafts for 120 hours, or 5 days.

I'm not sure if that means 5 days from the time you started writing it, or 5 days from last edit. I'm guessing 5 days from when you first start it.

In any case, I'm afraid it's gonzerooni. :shock:

FWIW, I always copy such posts into a text editor and save them locally.

It must be the date it was started that is counted there. I could be wrong though. Anyway, I guess I‘ve to start over again then and this time save it elsewhere. Dang! Thank you for the quick answer Scottie.

I'm pretty sure the "Drafts" feature on the old forum was an add-on that saved drafts forever.

This one is built-in and has a time limit to prevent clogging up the forum with never-finished posts.

I changed it to 1 week instead of 5 days. I'm still gonna save long posts in a text editor though. I don't trust them dang computers these days!
:halo:

Back
Top Bottom