New Forum layout April 2018

Sorry if this has been asked already (I have searched) and I hope its not a dumb question but I'm buggered if I can find where Drafts save to now?

Hello gnosisxsophia,
AFAIK, when you use Save Draft while you write a post, you can close the page/tab and return later. The text you wrote in the editor up to then will reappear. It's as if the draft is "saved" in the thread itself.

This is a test draft... :halo:

Yup, @mkrnhr is correct: just go back to the thread and your draft should appear in the new message editor at the bottom of the page.

Drafts are also auto-saved every 60 seconds. So if you just go back to the same thread, your unfinished post should be there.

But, note that drafts are only saved for 5 days... Default was 2 days, so I just changed it. Given the speed at which many threads evolve, that should be more than enough - while also compensating for, "Oops, I was busy!" life stuff.

But, note that drafts are only saved for 5 days... Default was 2 days, so I just changed it. Given the speed at which many threads evolve, that should be more than enough - while also compensating for, "Oops, I was busy!" life stuff.

So if y'all wanna write a post that will take you more than 5 days to get up, the best thing is to write it in Word/Notepad offline so you don't risk losing your draft.

I like the new looks, change in this direction is always good like in life to break monotony.:-)

For those who don't know or haven't noticed yet, we have a new useful/special tool called the "Spoilert Alert". Click on the blue rectangle if you want more info.

Hides text that may contain spoilers so that it must be clicked by the viewer to be seen.

You can find more info here: BB codes with other nice tools.

Have fun and thanks again to Scottie for this new home. :clap:

Btw, the mobile interface has a slight bug. The edit window is covered by the keyboard. Ipad.
Many thanks

Apparently, the XenForo "approved" way to insert video and other embeds is to use the media button, which is actually the Insert button ("...") and then click Media in the pulldown menu.

If you paste a link in there, it will convert it into a MEDIA BBcode.

Not sure why that's the preferred way, cuz just a plain old link works... But the media popup also shows you which sites are supported.

FYI!

So if y'all wanna write a post that will take you more than 5 days to get up, the best thing is to write it in Word/Notepad offline so you don't risk losing your draft.

Thanks Beau,

Yeah you’d think I would have learned by now :nuts:

In the thread listings like 'Whats New' etc. there is this mouseover popup/tooltip on thread titles showing the very first post. It gets constantly in the way. Does anybody find that actually useful?

I might add that I mostly use middle mouse button to open links in new tabs. Then when I come back to the original tab this popup shows up sometimes, hiding the navigation etc.
(Oh, I just misused the edit feature)

Back
Top Bottom