New Forum layout April 2018

Thank you very much from my side as well for all the effort you put into making the new forum environment work, Scottie. And also for the time you take besides of this to help peeps figuring new features out (or how familiar features could work here) and why the change was necessary. For example, I didn't have any idea that you needed to use hacks to keep the old forum running because the developers of the old forum software didn't have any updates available. This gives some idea of the scope of work you did and continue to do and lets me appreciate it even more. Not least because it's also the place that provides us the possibility coming together and (net-)working together - for making our own lives and those of others better. And the smoother the forum runs, the smoother that process is helped along as well.

And although I am a slow learner, I am actually glad that this big change was initiated. It stimulates all of us to rethink many things and ways that we had been doing and using on the old system - it's a very welcome kick for the brain!

I am not the fastest Learner (no pun intended!) either, but eventually we will get familiar when we keep practicing, adjusting to and alongside the process. What you wrote makes me think of the brain as being plastic and how we came to know some great new tools in the course of just one year - like the new reading recommendations, neurofeedback and other things. It's like the Work has been receiving some fresh outlook or dimension - and why not "reply" with new virtual surroundings in which these ideas can be exchanged and applied? ;-)

I noticed that a colour of a background is different from that of the logo:
Wa14tRa.jpg

Hi, I don't know if I am wrong but I think that today in the morning the Home link of the forum led to the home page of forum, but now I see that it leads to the home page but for cassiopaea.org site. Am I wrong? is it ok?

EDIT: ... and I have noticed that on the home page of cassiopaea.org the link to the forum is in HTTP instead of HTTPS, and from there it is impossible to make login in the forum. Changing HTTP for HTTPS I am logged-in again.

Last edited:
Also, quoted posts used to have links to the posts that were quoted... Now if you quote a post from another thread or from several pages back, it will be hard to find the original posts.

Quotes are still linked to the original.

Thanks Persej. That was helpful. However when trying to embed the spreadsheet here, it does not show up as a table but a blank spot! :huh:
Here is a link to the table - Transcripts 2011-2020

Vulcan59,

I don't know if you were woking on the Cassiopaean Session Transcripts by date but they look really good now to me. I did a link check and only found 15 sessions that just go to the Forums tab instead of the sessions.

I included the current links to the ones that don't connect.

Here is what I found if you want to check the missing links (no pun intended).

1. 1996_02_24 Not Linked Session 24 February 1996
  2. 1996_03_23Not Linked Session 23 March 1996
  3. 1996_08_03Not linked Session 3 August 1996
  4. 1997_03_29 Not Linked Session 29 March 1997
  5. 1997_08_09 Not Linked Session 9 August 1997
  6. 1998_06_13 Not Linked Session 13 June 1998
  7. 1999_12_04 Not Linked Session 4 December 1999
  8. 2000_01_22 Not Linked Session 22 January 2000
  9. 2000_02_19 Not Linked Session 19 February 2000
  10. 2000_03_18 Not Linked Session 18 March 2000
  11. 2000_04_08 Not Linked Session 8 April 2000
  12. 2000_04_15 Not Linked Session 15 April 2000
  13. 2000_05_27 Not Linked Session 27 May 2000
  14. 2001_08_07 Not Linked Session 7 August 2001
  15. 2009_11_28 Not Linked Session 28 November 2009

Hi, I don't know if I am wrong but I think that today in the morning the Home link of the forum led to the home page of forum, but now I see that it leads to the home page but for cassiopaea.org site.

You could use the "Forums" button instead to go to the forum home page.

I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way but members' profiles can be viewed by everyone, not just forum members. I think the previous forum version only allowed registered users who wrote a certain number of posts to view others' profiles?

These are public forum posts anyway but I thought I'd mention it.

Here's a screenshot of my profile viewed while I was logged out:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 21.44.12.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 21.44.12.png
    703 KB · Views: 20
Yes, the new ones are but I read a couple of old threads today and quotes in those posts didn't link to the original post.
At least on my end. :-(

Yeah, that's right. Old posts that were imported into the new forum software don't have the "magic arrow" or "Blah said:" linked to the original post.

I noticed that during my test import. It seems the importer script that comes with XF doesn't preserve the link.

Oh well!

Yeah, that's right. Old posts that were imported into the new forum software don't have the "magic arrow" or "Blah said:" linked to the original post.

I noticed that during my test import. It seems the importer script that comes with XF doesn't preserve the link.

Oh well!

No worries, that's a great opportunity for us to practice our research skills ;-D

I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way but members' profiles can be viewed by everyone, not just forum members.

I tried to access member profile pages and it asked me to log in. The image you posted is for search results...

I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way but members' profiles can be viewed by everyone, not just forum members. I think the previous forum version only allowed registered users who wrote a certain number of posts to view others' profiles?

These are public forum posts anyway but I thought I'd mention it.

Here's a screenshot of my profile viewed while I was logged out:

You can adjust some things in your privacy settings of your profile under the point: "privacy" what can be seen by guests and members for example. Though maybe you still can be searched.

Added: But generally you need to be logged in anyway to check any profile at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom