new blog in hebrew

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
New blog (mainly in hebrew) still in diapers...I actually have to do lot of translations on psychopathy topics, before I can call this blog an "active" one.
http://sott-heb.blogspot.com/

I decided to call it sott-heb for several reasons. First, the obvious one: to give other hebrew readers opportunity to become familiar with SOTT material. And second: I really liked this part from a new testament:

Matthew 16 WEB

1 The Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing him, asked him to show them a sign from heaven.

2 But he answered them, "When it is evening, you say,'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.'

3 In the morning,'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but you can't discern the signs of the times!

4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and there will be no sign given to it, except the sign of the prophet Jonah". He left them, and departed.

Wow Keit that is spooky in an in depth way. Maybe I should try and express what I mean. The Pharisees and Sadducees (I've not heard that expression sadducees..) seeking a sign then the statement ...signs of the times part 4 I don't fully understand but the statement about the Generation of, or being, adulterous and evil.. well I cannot in truth say it is this but boy that is creepy - in a non-fearful way. It has alot of depth.

I think I am going to annoy you further on this. I know of a 'few' people who study judaism and are jewish people. I'm not sure of the depth of their 'speaking' hebrew but I'm pretty certain they could tell a friend or two as well. Maybe I can post a link to your blog at a point if/when you call it an active one?

A last question what is WEB? Western English Bible?
:( Taking a guess there.

Salutes!

noise said:
Wow Keit that is spooky in an in depth way. Maybe I should try and express what I mean. The Pharisees and Sadducees (I've not heard that expression sadducees..) seeking a sign then the statement ...signs of the times part 4 I don't fully understand but the statement about the Generation of, or being, adulterous and evil.. well I cannot in truth say it is this but boy that is creepy - in a non-fearful way. It has alot of depth.
Yes, I also thought so. Actually, first time I saw this statement is was in Hebrew translation. I was looking for the possible source of the term "signs of the times" cause I was sure it was coming from a bible. So I never knew before that Jesus was the one who said it. Apparently, in Christian world, the term "signs of the times" is associated with end of days. With apocalyptic prophecies and the return of the Messiah and rapture. There are lot of sites that d iscuss such "signs" and interpretate them.

But interestingly enough, this quote also touches issues described in C of Z.
Here another quote from Matthew:
http://www.hope.edu/bandstra/BIBLE/MAT/MAT16.HTM

matthew said:
5 When the disciples reached the other side, they had forgotten to bring any bread. 6Jesus said to them, "Watch out, and beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 7They said to one another, "It is because we have brought no bread." 8And becoming aware of it, Jesus said, "You of little faith, why are you talking about having no bread? 9Do you still not perceive? Do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? 10Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? How could you fail to perceive that I was not speaking about bread? Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees!" 12Then they understood that he had not told them to beware of the yeast of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
And here what I found about Sadducees

http://www.livius.org/saa-san/sadducees/sadducees.html
livius said:
The Sadducees (sed

Back
Top Bottom