NeuroFeedback, NeurOptimal and Electroencephalography

I have finally found a NO practitioner for the Manchester area. It's taken me over 6 months of looking. Everything's the other side of Yorkshire which would have cost a fortune in rail fares. The initial payment is £250. with each session costing £75. This will keep me on the breadline so can anyone tell me if just one session per week would be any good or do they think it's too little.

Congratulations :hug2:. If you don't mind me saying so I think that you were wise to keep looking. I would not have fancied that trek all the way over the country! I wish you well with the sessions.

I did 28 sessions at the end of last month and when it comes to benefits I can say I felt that emotional reactions where not as strong as before, and there was some time needed for effect to take hold.

I plan to rent it again in summer for about a week for about 14 sessions, and maybe again at the end of the year if in financial situation because like everything else it takes time depending on your personal situation.

I'm starting another round of NO training. After doing it everyday for 3 days, I again got symptoms of light headaches and waking up in the middle of the night, similar to the last 2 times I did it. In the last 2 times, I took GABA Calm Lozenges to deal with the symptoms. While it helped, it wasn't able to eliminate the problems completely.

Remembering that GABA Calm contains both GABA and L-Tyrosine, this time I tried taking pure L-Tyrosine to focus on boosting dopamine. After taking half a teaspoon of L-Tyrosine powder yesterday morning, the symptoms disappeared completely and haven't returned until now, more than 30 hours later.

So it seems that doing NO frequently makes a lot of demand on dopamine in the brain. I don't have enough medical knowledge to know why that is the case though. Just curious if other members have any comment or similar experience. Also, is there any downside to taking L-Tyrosine supplement frequently?

So it seems that doing NO frequently makes a lot of demand on dopamine in the brain. I don't have enough medical knowledge to know why that is the case though. Just curious if other members have any comment or similar experience.

That's pretty interesting. I was getting the same symptoms when I was doing NO frequently (for me that was 2-3 times a week). I found that when I spaced them out more (like 1-2 times per month) it was greatly diminished. I didn't think to try something like L-tyrosine to help with that so I'll try it and see if that works in my case.

I'm starting another round of NO training. After doing it everyday for 3 days, I again got symptoms of light headaches and waking up in the middle of the night, similar to the last 2 times I did it. In the last 2 times, I took GABA Calm Lozenges to deal with the symptoms. While it helped, it wasn't able to eliminate the problems completely.

For the first few months of doing NO twice a week I don't recall getting light headaches, but I did have a similar difficulty staying asleep; getting up in the middle of the night, waking up way too early, etc. In addition to taking GABA Calm Lozenges as you are I took 5 milligrams of Melatonin (10 times my usual amount) and sometimes valerian root and chamomile tea on top of that. It helped - and after a while the sleep situation did improve. Though I still try to do 2 sessions of NO a week, I'm now pretty much down to my usual 1/2 gram of Melatonin, and sometimes take half a lozenge of GABA. So I think getting over this initial hump is certainly doable - not to mention certainly worth the benefits of NO! Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add that I take L-Tyrosine every night before bed (along with Magnesium and the others mentioned). Started taking it some months after the worst of the sleeping pattern was over - but have had no negative symptoms from it that I can tell.

I can'
In my case, when I am able to do NO every day just before going to sleep, it does calm my mind and I have a better night of sleep. It does calm my nervous system too.
I can't say that I noticed any sleep disturbance, or difficulties in getting and staying asleep using NO. I remember that there were difficulties getting to sleep back when I first started using NO, but that was also a stressful period in my life, so it may or may not have had anything to do with NO. Generally, I seem to have better sleep after using NO but I am not really tracking it.

I can't say that I noticed any sleep disturbance, or difficulties in getting and staying asleep using NO. I remember that there were difficulties getting to sleep back when I first started using NO, but that was also a stressful period in my life, so it may or may not have had anything to do with NO. Generally, I seem to have better sleep after using NO but I am not really tracking it.

I only did 20 sessions before returning the rental system that I was using because others were waiting on it. Initially my sleep improved, but then there was a rebound to old patterns for a while, before improving again. At the moment I'd say that my sleep patterns, while not perfect, are the best they've been in many years. I'm interested in hiring the system again in the near future to continue with more sessions.

Remembering that GABA Calm contains both GABA and L-Tyrosine, this time I tried taking pure L-Tyrosine to focus on boosting dopamine. After taking half a teaspoon of L-Tyrosine powder yesterday morning, the symptoms disappeared completely and haven't returned until now, more than 30 hours later.

So it seems that doing NO frequently makes a lot of demand on dopamine in the brain. I don't have enough medical knowledge to know why that is the case though. Just curious if other members have any comment or similar experience. Also, is there any downside to taking L-Tyrosine supplement frequently?

May be so. I had to take some tyrosine too, though very small amount, to get re-balanced. Only took it for a couple of days.

To those that have their own Neuroptimal system, you will know that at some point you need to replace the sensors. There's a test you can do to assess that they're still working properly, which you can find here.

When they are worn down or no longer working for other reasons you can buy replacement sensors from Zengar at USD 125 per set plus shipping, customs and VAT.

However, it's possible to buy directly from the Chinese manufacturer (Nicolet-med) that sells to the company that sells the sensors to Zengar. You can see the sensors here. From Nicole-Med, the cost is USD 18.7 per set plus shipping, VAT and customs. I have just purchased 4 sets and they were delivered express within a week.

One thing to be aware of is that you need to pay by bank transfer. When doing this you have to specify company name exactly as it's spelled on the proforma invoice that you receive from Nicolet-Med. Also, make sure that you agree to pay all expenses related to the bank transfer. I wasn't aware of this to begin with and therefore, the Chinese bank withheld a fee (USD 13,50) which was deducted from the transfer amount. So I had to make a second transfer.

J'ai entendu parler de ce casque hier matin avant cristal Prières Laura et Reiki à 3h du matin en France, qu'en pensez vous ?

I heard about this helmet yesterday morning before crystal Prayers Laura and Reiki at 3am in France, what do you think?

Thank you, Thor, for finding the Chinese supplier. It is a very nice deal.

I will add some more info from choepel. He has not been on the forum since June but as you know he is a sales representative of Zengar for Europe. I have contacted him couple of weeks ago because I decided to buy NO3. We talked for 90 minutes and some interesting info came up from him. First, he realized that for the part of Europe where I am (the former Eastern bloc), buying Neuroptimal is out of reach for most people. He suggested to buy the cheapest PRO machine (Tablet bundle USD $9,845 without any extras) since it does just as good job as the most expensive ones (surface book bundle with i7 CPU etc.). He uses the tablet himself. The main advantage of the surface book lies in its durability - it's more heavy-duty but it is also heavier and choepel prefers tablet for its weight when on the move.

When we discussed accessories, he mentioned the same quality paste can be purchased for the UK company Unimed and one can save quiet a lot. Thor's info about Nicolet-med made me check Unimed's website more thoroughly and they have other things too, electrodes being one of them but there are various material options (standard, silver, gold) and I am not sure which to compare with prices from Nicolet. It is something to look into I think because for some it could be more convenient to order from the UK, especially when the prices would be similar. Better to deal with a European supplier I think.

I am going to speak with choepel tonight again at 7pm GMT because I need to ask some practical stuff about insurance before buying and I think you may have some questions that you would like to ask him. If so, post it here.

There is one more interesting bit about Zengar that I will write about in the following post, not to delay this one.

Back
Top Bottom