Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

anka

The Living Force
So we have created this sandbox called NaSeveru.org out of our desire to give the original Czech blog which was established by rylek in 2007 a new form. Besides wanting to present all the info in a more attractive design with better readability, the idea was basically to copy the format in terms of categories as they are on the SOTT.net and start learning how to incorporate articles from the Czech scene in a way we consider collinear with the view of SOTT team. Not an easy task as we have soon found out since there is no one to turn to for advise during the process. We learn to comment articles according to the knowledge gathered via the Forum and books read. Even a few sentences, when one wants to express something in the best possible way in order to uncover a bit more of reality connections to the reader, sometimes give a feeling of writing an essay on the meaning of life 🤔 I believe that this experience will in turn make us stronger and smarter when we do some work for the original SOTT - and I hope that the time will come rather soon.

The official kick-off of the website was on Summer Solstice 2018 and after the Summer we caught a steady rhythm which settled on one article a day on average. So during the last half year we re/published close to 200 articles. It could actually have been way more if it was not for the IT stuff (learning to use WordPress and optimize all processes) and for the fact that when we transferred the original blog to the new hosting server, the database was complete but slightly corrupted (formatting of text in articles) so we had to edit every single article to make it look good and readable. This process is still not finished but the most important texts are online and now we are more focused on creating new content.

Visits to the website fluctuate between 3.000-10.000 per month and the pieces that get most response are from health section, current politics and psychology. The traffic comes mostly from our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/naseveru.media/ where we share the articles and when it is an original piece by SOTT editors or something we consider fundamental to the SOTT knowledge base, we promote such text to various FB groups. That way we get waves of visitors. On the other hand when we don't promote articles this way, the visits are very low. It is getting better with more likes on FB day by day though (over 500 to date). Nonetheless we realized that there is not so much point in focusing on marketing - the content is what sends the signal out so the promotion is slowly becoming a secondary issue and we should be moving onto translating some crucial texts that we want to publish from SOTT. And, hopefully, start writing our own pieces. That is the goal for the next season for me. I want to learn how to put my thoughts/views together with evidence and knowledge in such a way that I will be able to produce something that can be read, discussed and argued meaningfully.

We would like to thank MK Scarlett for letting us use extraction of her picture for our background graphics and let me apologize for stealing a part of original SOTT graphics in profile photo of our FB page. We did not want to spend much time on design - our priority was to get going. I played with several pictures in image software for hours but at the end decided to take it easy and opted for a quick solution :-[ The 'smart brain head' picture will be replaced if requested by the author or the SOTT team.

Edited: the year of the beginning

Thank you anka for getting this thread started. We're well overdue to share about this project on the Forum. I think you've covered the main points in the life of the website and the challenges faced so far.

I should add that when we started a year or so ago to consider the idea of upgrading from the blog format our idealistic idea was to launch straight into a CZ Sott. We quickly realized this wasn't doable - as was pointed out we'd need to hit the ground running so the first step was to demonstrate that we are able to consistently put in the time and effort required to maintain a project like this going. The backstory is in this thread: Sott.net in Czech

Moving forward then we can get more into where we want to take the website in the next year or so, part of this will be as anka already pointed out working on and delivering original articles.

Edit: I should add the name of the website means 'up north', it's kind of a play on words. At the time of starting the blog I lived in northern Europe so that was partly the inspiration, also it was an indirect reference to climate change and the likely coming ice age.

Hi, I just visited the webpage naSeveru.org, and people I'm glad, thumbs up !

It is indeed sorely needed also for readers in Slovakia, as most of the independent websites news are just parroting the usual narratives, you know Russia is bad et cetera.
As far as I can find there is only one website with more balanced view, zemavek.sk though their commentary seem to lack the knowledge of ponerology. Hopefuly your website will help to bridge the gap.

So this is definitely good news!

Hi Mikkael, do I understand correctly that you are from Slovakia? If so, you would be very welcome to discuss possible cooperation. We are definitely planning to include articles from Slovakian websites too and an experienced native speaker would be a great addition to the team. You can contemplate the idea and tell us what you think :-)

Well done, Anka and Rylek. I'm glad to hear this is working for you!

Not an easy task as we have soon found out since there is no one to turn to for advise during the process.

It's all one continuous process, so you will be constantly learning. But yes, I know the first stages are hard for their own reasons.

By the way, you do in fact have people to turn to for advice... on this forum and in the workgroups!

We learn to comment articles according to the knowledge gathered via the Forum and books read. Even a few sentences, when one wants to express something in the best possible way in order to uncover a bit more of reality connections to the reader, sometimes give a feeling of writing an essay on the meaning of life 🤔

That is the task at hand: to offer meaning for people starved of it because they don't get such from the media.

Onwards and upwards!

Hi, I just visited the webpage naSeveru.org, and people I'm glad, thumbs up !

It is indeed sorely needed also for readers in Slovakia, as most of the independent websites news are just parroting the usual narratives, you know Russia is bad et cetera.
As far as I can find there is only one website with more balanced view, zemavek.sk though their commentary seem to lack the knowledge of ponerology. Hopefuly your website will help to bridge the gap.

So this is definitely good news!
Hi Mikkael, do I understand correctly that you are from Slovakia? If so, you would be very welcome to discuss possible cooperation. We are definitely planning to include articles from Slovakian websites too and an experienced native speaker would be a great addition to the team. You can contemplate the idea and tell us what you think :-)
Hello Mikkael. I'll also chime in support of what anka wrote, that it would be great if another Czech-Slovak person wanted to participate. It's been a two man show between the two of us for quite a while now.

We haven't really started to focus on the Slovak scene so it would be great to have this additional perspective.

Hello to both of you Anka and Rylek, it's good to hear from you, and thank you for your invitation to discussion. I see that I missed couple of days since your reply, I didn't get any notifications through email, I need to make sure to turn on email notifications btw. This sounds like big step from my comfort zone and I am not sure if I'm right person for the job but I'd like to try if I can. I definitely feel that my lack of initiative, and also perhaps my fear? silly, is just not very helpful strategy. So perhaps its time to leave the cave and use this opportunity to engage in bit of useful net-work after all.

It is thus appropriate to give you at least a little insight into my situation so you can think if I can fit into something. I left Slovakia back in 2005, I was curious to see the big world, and went around the globe, backpacking and working occasionally seasonally, and during the last ten years I set my base in Trondheim, Norway. You see this long period bit distanced me from scene back home. Now however, as a consequence of following on the global news chiefly through Sott and C's forum I lately become curious what is going on under High Tatra's mountains? So yeah it is rather recently since I started to look closely into czsk websites but even this little I think already got me quite startled realization about distribution of forces. Definitely I must do this more if I want to know more, who is who, so to speak.

But back to the your question, yes I am native slovak speaker, and no problemo let's discussing, I'm curious. caute

perhaps its time to leave the cave and use this opportunity to engage in bit of useful net-work after all.
Say that again!
I left Slovakia back in 2005, I was curious to see the big world, and went around the globe, backpacking and working occasionally seasonally, and during the last ten years I set my base in Trondheim, Norway. You see this long period bit distanced me from scene back home. Now however, as a consequence of following on the global news chiefly through Sott and C's forum I lately become curious what is going on under High Tatra's mountains? So yeah it is rather recently since I started to look closely into czsk websites but even this little I think already got me quite startled realization about distribution of forces. Definitely I must do this more if I want to know more, who is who, so to speak.
I can deeply relate to your story. Having left Czech in 2000 for England, Scotland and especially for Ireland (about 6 years of life there, like my second home), I came back for a two-year break and then took off to Holland (another 5 years there). My Dutch episode was already under heavy influence from SOTT and Cass forum. I was discovering connections between global processes and Czech politics and social affairs. Surely it helped me very much that I could see my homeland from distance because I was not so distracted by the foam of days milled and remixed by the mainstream media.
yes I am native slovak speaker, and no problemo let's discussing, I'm curious.
I will come back to suggest possible next steps tomorrow. Until then... :cool2:

Sorry for lag, my yesterday Friday morphed into 15 hour marathon of practically running against mountain of tasks, plus I'm not using smartphone (oldfashioned Nokia user). I'm lagged a bit too, but fortunately no need to run anywhere now, just needing to collect my thoughts. So that smiley with cigaret is good start!

What you wrote in previous post about your experience of seeing now things much clearer from distance, yeah, this is what I noticed too. It looks like it was actually good idea to get on road, and to let things go, and now when coming back to see my mom for instance, I'm being more detached, and easy, and I hear and see all that was so familiar, but it's not what it used to be: hypnosis.

I'm going to see what's up with you guys naseveru and then hop to slovakia, so far so good. Cheers

Reactions: Chu
Good on you not using a smart phone - same here with the old Nokia without internet.

Sorry for the delay too. I am quiet exhausted these days when temperatures go over 30 degrees Celsius and I didn't feel I could write something rational last night.

Back to the matter, basically what you could start with is getting familiar with the media scene in Slovakia. We are not only searching for latest pieces but also for older articles if they have some value. As you noticed, SOTT has collected a vast database of information and one of the reasons for that is that the English writing world allows for that. Scientific papers, political analyses, paranormal research, social events... it is all out there if you know where & what to look for and how to decipher the information.

In a much smaller pond like Czech and Slovak (together 15 million people), we are grateful for every word of sanity that can be heard and is collinear with the knowledge gathered here. You can also just focus on a particular topic and see if anything was published on that. Electric universe, psychopathy, LCHF, intelligent design, esoterica... whatever you pick. Then do a thorough search and I am sure something will come up. Perhaps you will have to swim through a lot of nonsense but that way you will find out many alternative blogs, academic sites and you will become oriented in the arena. Then you can just send us email (once, twice a week or months, as you like) with what you found and if you feel like trying to write a comment that would be a big plus, of course.

Have I mentioned translating? Well, that would be fantastic but again, it is up to you, your time available etc. In case this was something you would like to do most, then SOTT Focus and Best of the Web articles would be very welcome. Or again some topic that you enjoy studying the most.

By the way, we have regular video chats with rylek on Sundays at 9pm CET so here I want to ask the Forum moderators what they think about you joining our group talks. Or should we keep the discussion strictly here in the open for now so everyone can follow?

I think I am going to start with small steps, but I should do it daily, and see how it goes forward through that Slovak media web.

Then, it was my idea to get to know some independent Slovak voices true, but now it looks it's my job to do it thoroughly? uh oh I'm in deep water!

By the way, you do in fact have people to turn to for advice... on this forum and in the workgroups!
For sure! What I just meant was that it would be great to have more experienced members as advisors speaking the language when we want to publish something and write a good comment. We take the job very seriously as we would if the blog was the official SOTT mutation. But the team is small so we learn as we go on our own. Well, we knew from the beginning it's not going to be easy. It's only when you start you actually realize what you are up to. Perhaps that's why I keep my current profile signature :-)

Back
Top Bottom