Mysterious monolith found in Utah Desert

hmm strange, was taking a small break from work, and was reading some news, and saw that on RT not long ago:

Source: 2020 goes ‘full Kubrick’: Mysterious MONOLITH discovered in Utah desert (PHOTOS, VIDEO) — RT USA News
Wildlife officials have stumbled upon a bizarre monolith-like structure in the Utah desert, prompting the internet to pump out Stanley Kubrick jokes and lamentations about the weirdness of 2020.
monolith.jpg
© Utah Department of Public Safety

More photo and videos from released by Utah Department of Public Safety.

#C

NB. was blocked from Norway, thus had to use VPN (just used native VPN available with Opera or brave) to be able to access the site of the Utah Department of Public Safety.

There are videos floating around of people inspecting it:

It is claimed that it is firmly implanted into the ground. I do wonder though why nobody in those videos can be seen to do what would be one of the first obvious things I would try: push against it to see how firm it stands, how heavy it is and if it is grounded in some way. My strong guess is that it is a prank of some sorts.

Maybe some viral marketing. That's what comes first to my mind.

If it's viral marketing or advertising, they surely took their sweet time. :-D The object appears to be there from around 2016.

Here's what this article says:

The object seems relatively new. Google Earth photos from 2013 and mid-2015 show no trace of it, but it’s clearly visible by October of 2016, when the surrounding ground has also been apparently cleared of scrub.

If it's viral marketing or advertising, they surely took their sweet time. :-D The object appears to be there from around 2016.

Here's what this article says:

That article was so funny to read.

Sheep-counting expedition turns into mysterious monolith discovery. We won't share the location. Soon, a man finds the location anyway.

The monolith was first seen in 2016, according to the article. It seems likely it could have been a signpost or landmark, to direct someone that either a) something was underneath or in the vicinity; b) to head in a specific direction (I'm thinking a craft); or c) something else entirely.

It looks like the sun light could hit the monolith differently at different times of the day, and the moon and night light could do the same in the night.

Maybe whomever used it for whatever purposes before no longer requires it in the same way. Who and what they are, I don't know and can only guess. They might be 3D or not 3D.

They decided it was a good time to let the media in to have a look.

I'm going to go back and check out what metal or elements it's made from. I might've read or heard it and forgotten as I was more interested in location and time first time reading the article and watching the video.

I point the element out as if it used to be a frequency or visual anchoring or signaling something, then it might matter. It could be anchoring or signposting visually or else and, or whether it was, manmade or not.

As @Pashalis said, it could be a prank. A very elaborate prank. It also smells like a distraction tactic. To prank or distract whom and what for, I wonder.

Someone has a sense of humour.

That article was so funny to read.

Sheep-counting expedition turns into mysterious monolith discovery. We won't share the location. Soon, a man finds the location anyway.

The monolith was first seen in 2016, according to the article. It seems likely it could have been a signpost or landmark, to direct someone that either a) something was underneath or in the vicinity; b) to head in a specific direction (I'm thinking a craft); or c) something else entirely.

It looks like the sun light could hit the monolith differently at different times of the day, and the moon and night light could do the same in the night.

Maybe whomever used it for whatever purposes before no longer requires it in the same way. Who and what they are, I don't know and can only guess. They might be 3D or not 3D.

They decided it was a good time to let the media in to have a look.

I'm going to go back and check out what metal or elements it's made from. I might've read or heard it and forgotten as I was more interested in location and time first time reading the article and watching the video.

I point the element out as if it used to be a frequency or visual anchoring or signaling something, then it might matter. It could be anchoring or signposting visually or else and, or whether it was, manmade or not.

As @Pashalis said, it could be a prank. A very elaborate prank. It also smells like a distraction tactic. To prank or distract whom and what for, I wonder.

Someone has a sense of humour.
It could become a monument with a sense of mystery around it like the Georgia Guidestones.

Ah 2020 keeps on giving. :thup:

Well my first thought was it’s a marker to a bunker/shelter for the near future. Maybe there is some interesting equipment buried or nearby. Could come in handy for someone or group expecting some form of earth changes. Very interesting. 🤔

UTAH - After being discovered on Wednesday, Nov. 25, a monolith found in a remote area of Utah is being reported as missing by visitors just a few days later.

The structure, estimated at between 10 feet and 12 feet high, was found by state wildlife employees counting sheep from a helicopter.

HANDOUT_UtahMonolith3-2.jpg

Authorities said the mysterious object was installed in the ground in a remote area of red rock with "no obvious indication" of who might have put it there, according to a press release from the Utah Department of Public Safety.

On Nov. 28, the Bureau of Land Management commented on the disappearance saying, "We have received credible reports that the illegally installed structure, referred to as the 'monolith' has been removed from Bureau of Land Management (BLM) public lands by an unknown party. The BLM did not remove the structure which is considered private property. We do not investigate crimes involving private property which are handled by the local sheriff’s office. The structure has received international and national attention and we received reports that a person or group removed it on the evening of Nov. 27.”

Back
Top Bottom