My two feline companions: Henry and William

Matthew

Jedi Master
If there is something that always has the capacity to bring joy to my heart it is this: seeing my beloved in utterly contented repose:

Big fat Henry - Edited.jpg

This is Henry or as I affectionately call him: 'Lord Henry' because he likes his own way and will most assuredly tell me in no uncertain terms what his desires are. I also call him: 'Big fat Henry' and 'fatty'. My neighbour calls him a 'daddy's boy' because he likes to be near me and comes when I call him. Two of the joys of my daily life are having him in my lap when I am sitting in that old recliner and him coming to bed with me wherein he will lie by my head and let me 'cuddle' his copious tummy before flopping down on my arm so he can relax while I continue the massage.

A cheeky little number.jpg

This cheeky little number is William. As you can see, he likes to hide himself away in a 'cave', preferably somewhere daddy would rather he not be. This photo does not really capture it but he is just the cutest little pussycat it has ever been my pleasure to know. His purring would wake the dead and he is an expert at coming for cuddles when daddy is trying to type on this laptop. Indeed, I had to pause in the construction of this post because he was flopped down between my arms with his back to my chest and with his head resting on my right forearm. Now, don't get me wrong, I love that but it makes typing rather precarious. He only moved when I lit my pipe and decided that he would rather go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

I have a very simple lifestyle that would not suit most people; they would be bored out of their minds. However, these two little darlings make my life worth living on a daily basis. Life was very kind when it brought them into my life.

Aren’t they gorgeous!
Cuddling up with our little friends is meditative for me. I feel like cats are the masters at elevating their vibrations, literally by purring. They constantly remind us to do the same.
I feel like you do about my little friend. A 4 year old grey tabby who we found in the forest as a kitten.

They are so beautiful! When you talked about your simple life and smoking your pipe it reminded me the fantastic and marvelous book of Sheila Burnfold, "The Incredible Journey". And the story starts with a man than smoke a pipe and 2 dogs and a cat. And in fact the adventure of the animals are due because of the cat. ;-D

I love cats specially if they are fat. Fat cats are superb!

Awww what handsome looking boys you have @strategic enclosure. I have two little ones as well, boy and girl and I can completely relate to when you say they come around for cuddles. Here’s the photo of my cuties. Tabby one is Simi (girl) and white one is Gabbar (boy). They are very close to my heart and the positivity they both spread around is just amazing. B32F2A0F-E087-44EB-BC3F-F1AF60C9440F.jpeg

0F9DA963-AF0F-4BDC-9222-12C1730D89D0.jpegEC418113-9F8C-4E1E-A416-8FB7644A57E3.jpeg

Awww what handsome looking boys you have @strategic enclosure. I have two little ones as well, boy and girl and I can completely relate to when you say they come around for cuddles. Here’s the photo of my cuties. Tabby one is Simi (girl) and white one is Gabbar (boy). They are very close to my heart and the positivity they both spread around is just amazing. View attachment 36415

View attachment 36416View attachment 36417
Oh oh, they are really handsome! How mysterious are cats! So different then dogs! But so gentle and intelligent. And I believe they protect us, like dogs. In these hard times of Corona and all that will come, cats and dogs are like good friends and they understand how difficult times we are living, I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom