My other friends

ginebra

Jedi Council Member
Hello all,

I just feel like writing something about my experiencies with our 2D friends. As I´m living in the countriside
I have plenty of chances of interacting with animals. I have a litle dog named Joy, I
chose this name because of her cheerful way of looking at me when I first met her. At that time
she was a 1month old puppy. Now she is very old and has got two big tumours in her breast, which
makes me consider the probability of loosing her in a near future.

In the outskerts of my house there are also a lot of cats, mostly homeless ones, I feed then every day
And I can feel that they are grateful for that. One thing that brings me sorrow is to see the females
pregnant, at least twice, in the spring and summer time and they deliver their babies in the overgro-
wn fields. Many times they get run over by cars when cross the roads. It is not odd, that sometimes
a mum cat brings to me the baibies and all settle down on my terrace. When this happens, I take the
chance to gather all them and take them at the nearest shelter. I will never forget an old cat that one day
showed up at my door, it seemed very ill, I tried to feed him but he refused all food , he only wanted
to get in the house, he tried again and again trough the door and the windows. I did not let him in and the
following day he was found death in a neighbourg´s garage. I still feel a deep pain for that. He only wanted
not to die alone.

Another moving experince I had was with birds, last summer. Three birdies fell from the roof down my
terrace. We quickly pick them up to prevent then from being eaten by the cats. Thus, we thought to settle
them in a smoth shoes box in order to place them in a high shelving and wait for the parents to come
to feed the birdies.As soon as they heared them, they came to watch for the little ones and without hesitation
they started to fly up and down in search of insects to feed them. The parents spent the whole day with this routine
At nights, we put then inside the house , and then we used to feed them.
Against our primary concern, they made it and reached the time of trying to fly away . It was impressive
to see the brave parents showing the littles how to fly, first from one chair to another and later from the
chair to the terrace edge. Finally, one sad day for us they left for an unknown fate. I use to scatter bread crumbs
in the terrace edge, just in case they are hungry.

Thank you for those stories Elisa. I enjoyed reading them.
I was particularly touched by that old cat that somehow seemed to know he was going to die :cry:..... I find it amazing how so often we have reports of animals and people giving signs of knowing their time has come.

I can remember a few 2D examples: an old dog from an uncle of mine got very sick and my uncle was advised to let the vet induce his death. On the day my uncle was taking Chanico (the dog's name) to be killed, in my uncle's words the dog looked extremely sad. As my uncle was caressing him for the last time, a tear came through Chanico's eyes... I didn't know dogs could cry...

Last year my 15 or 16 (we're not sure) years old cat died of cancer. She was living with my parents and my mother told me that on that particular day, she didn't leave my mother's side, constantly craving for an unusual amount of attention. She was found dead the following morning. It made my heart churn to the size of a small grape seed when I heard this, and it still does.

Thank you too Gertrudes for your moving account about the final days
of those animals.

Back
Top Bottom