My Heart Rate - Question for Gaby

SOTTREADER

The Living Force
This is a question for @Gaby. Just looking for your opinion as opposed to official medical advice which I understand you can't give as you're not my doctor!

Right, so when I got Covid I got an Oxymeter to measure my oxygen saturation and heart rate too. I'd say it's about 2 - 3 weeks since I 'recovered' from covid but I'm not yet 100% i.e. even though I can smell it is not back to what it used to be and my fitness dropped about 5% - 10%. Those are the visible things, not sure about molecular things as probably can't feel those.

Anyways, my heart rate is now consistently between 80 - 95 BPM and I was thinking it should be somewhere between 60 - 80 BPM. I never measured it before covid so I don't know what it was - it could have been the same or lower 🤷.

My oxygen as per the oxymeter is still between 95% - 98% so it's not back to 100%.

What's the prognosis here - should I be worried about my heart rate? Are there things I can do to get it lower? Is it still too soon after covid to be expecting these metrics to be back to normal?

On the oxygen front, is this an indication that their was some residual infection on my lungs that still haven't cleared? Is it cause for concern that it isn't back to 100%?

I think the oxygen is okay, but the resting heart rate is high. Consider the complementary therapies in this thread:

What did you take until now?

You can rotate the therapies as it might take a few months to recover.

I think the oxygen is okay, but the resting heart rate is high. Consider the complementary therapies in this thread:

What did you take until now?

You can rotate the therapies as it might take a few months to recover.
In terms of supplements this is what I've been taking - some on and off.

- Vitamin C
- Zinc
- Vitamin K
- Magnesium
- Co enzyme Q10
- Selenium
- NAC
- Quercetin
- Iodine (seaweed extract)
- Ginseng
- Activated Charcoal is also in my supplements cabinet

Are there some things there that I should drop for awhile and others that I should bring in?

Also I do drink coffee every morning and do tend to have some alcohol at the weekend usually with food.

I have another question, do you think if I increase my exercise regime it'll help? I was thinking I'd go a month without any coffee or alcohol and up my exercise to see if that will help? At the moment I only do 1 proper workout in the week and have a number of longish walks during the week. Prior I used to do 2 or 3 proper workouts depending on what other engagements I had during the week.

In terms of supplements this is what I've been taking - some on and off.

- Vitamin C
- Zinc
- Vitamin K
- Magnesium
- Co enzyme Q10
- Selenium
- NAC
- Quercetin
- Iodine (seaweed extract)
- Ginseng
- Activated Charcoal is also in my supplements cabinet

Are there some things there that I should drop for awhile and others that I should bring in?

Also I do drink coffee every morning and do tend to have some alcohol at the weekend usually with food.

I have another question, do you think if I increase my exercise regime it'll help? I was thinking I'd go a month without any coffee or alcohol and up my exercise to see if that will help? At the moment I only do 1 proper workout in the week and have a number of longish walks during the week. Prior I used to do 2 or 3 proper workouts depending on what other engagements I had during the week.
Actually I'm thinking it's being driven by something I'm taking that is stimulating it to beat fast so going to ditch all supplements apart from Vit D & K for a month including alcohol and coffee. If it drops then I'm going to introduce one at a time until I find the culprit. If it doesn't drop then I don't know, back to the drawing board 🤷.

The other thing I notice when I measure it is that it's not beating at a consistent rate. Like it'll be 90 BPM for a couple of seconds, then 85 BPM, then 78 then 83, then 91 etc. It's up and down like a yo yo but within that 80 - 95 range sometimes touching high 70's briefly.

I swear the only positive from this is I have another reason not to take that covid vaccine. For sure my heart will not survive that kind of stress.

Listen to your body and go one step at a time. Increasing workouts at this time might not be necessary. It should come naturally.

See how it goes and eventually, you can try something more effective from the health protocol thread.

However, I would ditch the coffee and alcohol. It could be as simply as that, your body is sensitive to them. With age, they're tolerated less and less.

Listen to your body and go one step at a time. Increasing workouts at this time might not be necessary. It should come naturally.

See how it goes and eventually, you can try something more effective from the health protocol thread.

However, I would ditch the coffee and alcohol. It could be as simply as that, your body is sensitive to them. With age, they're tolerated less and less.
Thank you @Gaby.

I will take it a step at a time and see how it develops. I was seeing in some articles that heart rates may be elevated or irregular during and after covid. It doesn't affect everyone but in one study they found it may take an average of 80 days to resolve with some people taking up to 4 months. So part of it could be covid related and the full healing from that could take some months.

I've also ordered Theanine as I read it is good for good cardiovascular health but should be taken in cycles as opposed to everyday. So I'll give that a go and also just minimise toxins e.g. alcohol which I'll remove completely for the next month and see how things go.

I'll listen to my body. For now I feel okay and to be honest if I didn't have that thing that told me my heart rate was elevated I wouldn't think it was faster than normal!

Added: @Aeneas did you monitor your heart rate when you had covid and after? If yes, did you experience this too?

Last edited:
@SOTTREADER

You might try L-citrulline at 3g a day. That will convert to L-arguline in your kidneys. Your body can only use the arguline it produces. This will help your body with all of the automatic functioning activities required by it.

3g dosage, up to 3 times a day, you can't od

Yes, it's quite possible it was this high before! I'm going to monitor it over the month having removed coffee, alcohol etc and rejig my supplements to bring in some stuff that aids the heart e.g. what @WIN 52 has suggested. Will then see how it develops.

I remember looking into resting heart rate after reading Raine because he talks about it in a chapter of Anatomy of Violence. The main thing I remember is that athletes, people who do the most cardiovascular exercise, have the lowest resting heart rates.

I just did a google search on it, and there’s lots of articles about it, but what stands out is that most of them say the average resting heart rate is 60 - 100.

So, it appears there’s a wide variety in people, and your 80-95 might not be a huge thing to worry about, but a daily cardio routine might help if reducing your resting heart rate would make you less anxious about it.

My resting heart rate appears to be back down to 50s & 60s. 👊 Will still keep monitoring it. Not sure why it was so high but most likely covid related as I read one's heart has ACE2 receptors so the virus attacks those cells too and could cause damage to small capillaries around the heart muscle. Who knows though 🤷

Could have been coffee too - literally substituted coffee for green tea and I think green tea has theanine which is good for the heart?

Sottreader, did you had D-dimer test on coagulation factor? Also, I didnt saw you taking any probiotic?

I'm asking because I am recovering too.

Back
Top Bottom