My first "official" track

Pearce

Jedi Master
Been writing music on and off for about 10-11 years, but as every musician probably is familiar with at some point along the way, I've never "finished" or released anything. Well, I have to say I'm real proud of this one so I wanted to share it with all of you.

No idea how it will sound on computer speakers, seems decent on my phone, but definitely recommend either a good pair of speakers or headphones as it hasn't been properly mastered yet. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Or if browsing on your phone -

Not bad Pearce! Sounds pretty good to me. Too bad the three comments you have there are actually ads. :rolleyes: What did you use to make it?

I will say that there is a muffled 'clicking' sound throughout the beginning that's quite noticeable around 0:05, 0:22 and 0:37 and other areas. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it sounds a bit like a "plugin error".

Been writing music on and off for about 10-11 years, ... I've never "finished" or released anything.
I'm glad you finished it 'cause I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been 'finishing' about 8 songs since 2007 and should really do something about it.

:rockon:

@Benjamin Thanks for giving it a listen! Yeah the clicking sounds I've noticed but keep forgetting to go fix, it's due to over-compression and sidechaining, not a hard fix but I can't hear it in the mix until I export so it's always an afterthought.

I'm using Ableton 10 with the two VSTs Serum and Massive, with Guitar Rig 5 as extra FX. I used to also use Sylenth which I loved but lost compatibility when I upgraded to Ableton 10 due to it being 64bit, but Serum kind of makes up for that as I didn't have it before and it has a really great sound quality.

It's great !!!! I like it a lot.
It puts you in meditative state and I like to turn off the lights, light some candles,
make it loud and surender dancing my soul out of me.
If you know what I mean :-D
Keep up the good work Pearce :thup:

Thank you all for listening, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately and I'm happy I was able to translate it into some pretty music, it's been a good outlet to express what I've felt over the years but I've never really shared much in the past, it's just kind of been a personal expression thing. Looking to change that now though 🙂

@PerfectCircle thanks! Fruity Loops, or FL Studio was my first program I started on, it's definitely come a long way since then! The book Tonal Harmony is an amazing resource for understanding a deeper level of music theory, however it's used as a textbook for many colleges, so the price definitely reflects that. You might could find a used copy somewhere though, and I'm sure there are others that are great, but that's just the one I have

@goyacobol Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to definitely write more, and I hope to share them as well so they get more use than just personal time capsules to what I was feeling when I wrote them, as has been the case this far.

I also plan on writing another post soon regarding some of the things I've been going through lately, as I've realized this weekend that I've got some heavy stuff to work through. But putting it into words, and especially text that is any way comprehensive, is going to take some effort.

Thank you again for taking the time to listen 🙏🏻

I got a far infrared sauna blanket and after using it a few times it occurred to me that I should add some meditation music to the experience. That's pretty close to what I had in mind. I even thought of Jean Michel Jarre which I listened to at one time as a possibility. What you're doing here might fit the bill if it lasted longer.

Back
Top Bottom