My eczema cure...apple cider vinegar

In case it's of any help to someone I'd like to add my experience with mild eczema. It appeared as a small, dry patch on my eyelid and I didn't really pay much attention to it for around a year, until it started to flare up occasionally.

Last August I started using a face cream I bought ages before for another skin issue I'd had, and the patch quickly disappeared. It has now been 5 months and the patch is completely gone - after over a year and a half of being constantly there. The product is called Fuller's Earth Cream, here's a link to its UK Amazon listing.

The ingredients are pretty amazing too and it would be easy to make the face cream at home: white soft paraffin BP, kaolin, lanolin, anhydrous BP, zinc oxide BP, liquid paraffin, caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Bentonite.

It costs £6.84 and if the investment doesn't seem worth it, I'll add that the face cream has other properties that may make it worthwhile. Lanolin is the wax produced by sheep that makes their fur waterproof (basically, it's hair grease). I buy lanolin separately and mix it with other oils (it's too thick to use it on its own) as it makes the skin super soft (pro tip: I've been using it on my heels and I don't even need to scrub them anymore). I used to use the kaolin and bentonite calys as I suffered with pretty bad skin issues (other than eczema) but they were incredibly messy to use. I like the MCT oil in it too, I've added it to my home made creams before and the texture feels quite amazing. And zinc oxide is a natural sun block so it's a good solution for the summer. It's much more convenient to apply all that with the cream as I am quite a lazy person and I don't like spending time on such things.

Although my eczema patch is all gone, I do continue to use the face cream because it actually makes my overall complexion much nicer. It's zinc based so it does leave a bit of a white glow but I'm not too fussed with that. It's quite thick so I use it mixed with shea butter but I don't see why it could not be mixed with regular moisturisers.

Back
Top Bottom