My eczema cure...apple cider vinegar

I have to chime in here and say that diet eliminated my eczema completely.
Even though I had cut out dairy it was eliminating the carbs and increasing the omega 3 fats that really did the trick. I think a lot of what we call eczema is candida.

anart said:
Happyville said:
I loaded up on good probiotics too.

... Which you can obtain naturally from Raw Milk!!!

Except that most people here are dairy free, which I think you likely know by now.

Hi Anart, I was not aware that most people here were against raw milk, nor have I seen much SOTT research done on raw milk.

Care to explain why you feel this is the case?

Anyways... It seems a shame, as the case against dairy is not the same case against raw milk... the research does not apply evenly to the respective products... I wholeheartedly agree that "dairy" (excluding raw milk products ) are toxic products.

Happyville said:
anart said:
Happyville said:
I loaded up on good probiotics too.

... Which you can obtain naturally from Raw Milk!!!

Except that most people here are dairy free, which I think you likely know by now.

Hi Anart, I was not aware that most people here were against raw milk, nor have I seen much SOTT research done on raw milk.

Care to explain why you feel this is the case?

Anyways... It seems a shame, as the case against dairy is not the same case against raw milk... the research does not apply evenly to the respective products... I wholeheartedly agree that "dairy" (excluding raw milk products ) are toxic products.

Happyville, you might want to read these two articles:

Why Milk Is So Evil
The Milk Letter

Both of them talk about raw milk as well, so read them top to bottom.

Happyville said:
On grandmas home remedies, she also used to give us a little bit of turpentine mixed with some honey when one of us would get worms!! Tasted HORRIBLE... But we all survived and the worms did not :)

That was a blast from the past. Reminded me that my grandmother swears that she cured TB by taking about a quarter tsp of turpentine in sugar once a day. Or maybe it was kerosene?

Why Milk Is So Evil
The Milk Letter

Ok... read those both, - they seem pretty skimpy / bias compared to all that could be learned! It seems I will dig out the research and try to post as it seems some may benefit from it! However It's a whole separate subject - is there a better place / thread on the forum to discuss this?

Happyville said:
Ok... read those both, - they seem pretty skimpy / bias compared to all that could be learned! It seems I will dig out the research and try to post as it seems some may benefit from it! However It's a whole separate subject - is there a better place / thread on the forum to discuss this?

It has already been discussed - ad nauseum - not in just those two threads. Milk products are for baby cows (or baby whatever animal the milk is from ) - period.

Happyville said:

Why Milk Is So Evil
The Milk Letter

I would agree that the evidence for some food issues doesn't seem (to me) to be as strong and/or doesn't have as much support from the main sources that we have been using, including issues with dairy. That by itself, however, doesn't tell us what is true, and may reflect bias in the sources. There is still much reason for concern, based upon what has been published, and I am inclined, personally, to avoid dairy.

The fact that casein acts very much like gluten is the single most compelling reason to eliminate it from the diet.

The fact that casein acts very much like gluten is the single most compelling reason to eliminate it from the diet.

Is it possible that the living state of raw milk likely balances any issues regarding casein? We do know that even bad pathogens that get into Raw Milk are actually killed by the good bacteria in it - so those seem like good bacteria to want to have in your gut.

Dead milk is essentially dead, and the proteins in it are smashed into sharp shards upon pasteurization / homogenization - esp - industrial High heat pasteurization. Drinking dead milk is akin to drinking milk with billions of tiny razor blades, which irritate the gut and further the gut cannot identify a smashed protein and treats it as a foreign!

In Raw Milk the proteins remain intact and thus familiar to your gut and the gut is well equipped to deal with it!

It also seems that many here talk about yeast born / autoimmune issues that we all agree to one extent or another are issues that genesis from a gut which has become void of the proper floral balance due to the sterile anti biotic environment we live in!

In an age of anti-biotics and anti bacterial everything, Raw Milk could be more beneficial to immune system health then alleged downside of casein, which are probably overblown relating to raw milk for some!

Many of the good strains of pro-biotics in Raw milk are not commercially available or in the correct ratios to live harmoniously in your gut. Raw milk provides a balanced ratio of floral on an ongoing basis which acts to balance and (re) populate the fist line immune system. It's one of the reasons infants drink milk - to populate and initiate the gut and first line immune system.

Many people who are suffering from auto-immune problems and skin conditions - have improved using Raw milk products so its hard to discount this - A lot more information points to gut / yeast imbalances than casein problems from raw milk... It would be a shame to dismiss the benefits of Raw Milk so simply and with out careful study!

One of the most important protective factors in the intestines is the bacteria population that lives there. Over 500 species of bacteria, weighing some three to four pounds, live in the healthy human bowels. In addition to augmenting your first line of defense against infection, they help your body in other ways as well. The normal microflora in the colon ferment soluble fiber to yield short chain fatty acids which supply 5 to 10% of human energy requirements. Healthy bacteria also synthesize at least seven essential nutrients, including folic acid, biotin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, pyridoxine, cobalamin and vitamin K. They also participate in the metabolism and elimination of chemicals, including drugs, hormones and carcinogens.

The substantial benefits of healthy intestinal flora depend on the many species existing in a natural balance or ecology. Any environment in nature works best if all the species are present in a natural balance. If the balance is upset, then problems develop. The same thing occurs in the digestive tract. If the natural ecology of organisms is upset, then a variety of health problems can develop. One of the most significant disturbances in the gut that weakens the immune system is increased intestinal permeability, or leaky gut syndrome. This is a condition, which allows large intestinal molecules from foods and other organisms to enter the body and challenge the immune system.

In summary, there are many common conditions that disturb bowel ecology, alter the permeability of the intestinal wall and weaken your first line of defense. The following is a list of symptoms associated with increased intestinal permeability.

• Fatigue and malaise
• Joint pain
• Muscle pain
• Fevers of unknown origin
• Food intolerances
• Abdominal pain
• Abdominal distention, gas and bloating
• Diarrhea
• Skin rashes
• Toxic feelings
• Disturbances in concentration
• Memory defects
• Shortness of breath and poor exercise tolerance

Thing is, all the stuff about bacteria in the gut changes on the paleo diet. One of the first things that happens when you go Paleo in a serious way is that pounds of bacteria that live in your gut - put there by dairy and veggies for the purpose of fermenting things that you cannot digest - die and are passed out of your body. Your stool stops having a seriously offensive odor. One bit of dairy product can upset this whole balance.

Those people who are sensitive to dairy to the point that they have instant reactions are like canaries in the mine for those who have silent death such as cancer and heart disease (and so many other diseases too numerous to mention), all linked to dairy.

Happyville said:
Milk products are for baby cows (or baby whatever animal the milk is from ) - period.

Ok but I lost my blinders, can I borrow a pair ? lol :cool2:

It's not blinders, it's research and EXPERIENCE.

Over and over again we've seen the dairy advocates cling so desperately to their milk that you'd think it was a drug.

Well, it is. Casein, raw or not, binds the opiate receptors in the gut. It's supposed to because it makes babies feel dopey and satisfied. But after about 4 years old, most Caucasians can no longer digest milk and they give it up naturally.

A small percentage of the human population adapted to dairy during a very stressful period of human evolution, but just because you can tolerate something for an emergency, doesn't mean you should make it a mainstay of your diet.

Personally, I LOVE milk, and have no problem digesting it, but even after several years of gut healing, I still get a reaction to it within about 10 minutes of consuming it: all the joints in my body start hurting like I've been hit by a truck.

The only way you will ever know for sure is to give it up completely for several months and then test it. Every single person I know of who has done this, without exception, has noted that some symptom or other that they had goes away with the absence of milk, and returns if they have it again.

Raw or otherwise.

But some of them have such blinders on that they won't even try the experiment of fully giving up ALL dairy for several months. I mean, what is up with that? It can't hurt... except that you are left in a state of drug withdrawal for about 10 days to 2 weeks and that's pretty miserable. But after that passes (along with a whole pile of gut bacteria you needed to digest the stuff), remarkable changes take place...

Over and over again we've seen the dairy advocates cling so desperately to their milk that you'd think it was a drug.

Hi Lara, sorry about the blinders comment, Anart seems a pretty hard case sometimes - bad habit of mine - so apologies to both of you !!

Well, I will give it a go... I don't really suffer anything currently except for dandruff in the winter, ( which could be a beginning sign of things to come ? ) so will test it out sans lait this winter and see if we can clear it up!

Regarding the "dairy" advocates... Well they certainly are pretty viscous when in comes to the raw guys... They massively fund the campaigns to criminalize raw milk farmers in Canada it and the government actually allows them to enforce the laws extra-governmentaly so they are very powerful. I help out with the legal battles with a small farmer, things sure do seem hopeless so I guess we are desperately clinging to something as we havn't given up yet!!!

Back
Top Bottom