My Artwork

C

Crimsonblade

Hey all,

Aside from researching the occult and metaphysics, one of my favourite hobbies is oil painting. Last week I finally finished my website in which I display them (as well as some drawings and short stories). Feel free to take a look :)

http://www.michaelogorman.co.uk/

Some very nice work Blade!!!

I really like BlackWater. Can not see all the detail yet it still seemed to draw me in. That is the type of work that I think you would be able to notice something different every time you looked at it. Bravo!!!

Kind of like Hieronymous Bosch meets Pablo Picasso!

Laura said:

I never heard of Hieronymus Bosh before, went to google it and was really stunned by his paintings.
Even more so with the fact that he belonged to 1400 's.

In The Ship of Fools Bosch is imagining that the whole of mankind is voyaging through the seas of time on a ship, a small ship, that is representative of humanity. Sadly, every one of the representatives is a fool. This is how we live, says Bosch--we eat, drink, flirt, cheat, play silly games, pursue unattainable objectives. Meanwhile our ship drifts aimlessly and we never reach the harbor. The fools are not the irreligious, since prominent among them are a monk and a nun, but they are all those who live ``in stupidity''. Bosch laughs, and it is sad laugh. Which one of us does not sail in the wretched discomfort of the ship of human folly? Eccentric and secret genius that he was, Bosch not only moved the heart but scandalized it into full awareness. The sinister and monstrous things that he brought forth are the hidden creatures of our inward self-love: he externalizes the ugliness within, and so his misshapen demons have an effect beyond curiosity. We feel a hateful kinship with them. The Ship of Fools is not about other people, it is about us.

apologies to crimsonblade for this little diversion

Thank you everyone!

Laura said:

Yes. Oddly enough, I love Bosch but despise Picasso!

That's really fantastic stuff. Perpetual Fluidity especially ... looking at it sort of made my eyes hurt, and yet it was difficult to tear myself away. You've got quite a talent.

Back
Top Bottom