Multiple personalities. . . How do they fit with a Soul?

Woodsman

The Living Force
I'm slowly working through the recommended reading list. --I'm currently engrossed in Martha Stout's "The Myth of Sanity" and a question occurred to me which I don't think has crossed my mind before.

Let's say a souled individual suffers childhood trauma and a resulting personality splitting, so that multiple personalities exist within that person. Where does the soul reside? --Is it split between each personality? Does it sit in the background and connect with each one, as though receiving a shaft of light through a fractured pane of glass, with each fractured piece casting light in a slightly different manner? I'm not exactly certain how to frame this question in a more precise manner. . .

What are people's thoughts on this subject?

Thank-you.

Hi Woodsman, you might find this thread interesting - in this session, the C's were asked about MPD (DID) http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609.msg69589#msg69589

anart said:
Hi Woodsman, you might find this thread interesting - in this session, the C's were asked about MPD (DID) http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609.msg69589#msg69589

Yes, my question was largely answered within the first roll of the scroll wheel. --The funny thing is that I remember reading that whole transcript a couple of times already. I guess this is an object lesson in why it is important to review things many times. I find it intriguing that my focus of interest at any given moment tends to dull out other details. Information, even in a simple text format is a very complex thing; multi-layered and almost interactive in a way with the receiver. (Or perhaps it is better to say that my awareness is a very simple thing which is easily overwhelmed even by a text passage.) --Anticipation appears to play a role. My first couple of times through I vaguely recall the MPD information, but I was focused almost entirely on the whole, "Passed the point when anything could possibly be done to change the outcome" comment wrt the U.S. --That and the note about nukes.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. I'll read through the entire thread now to see how my current subject of particular interest evolves.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom