Mr Robot

I liked the wiping of debt idea for everyone in the world. The last couple of episodes felt sort of similar to what I think we can expect in the future - with the banks not working anymore, etc.

Some people say that Tyrell (the corporate psychopath) and Elliot are also the same person (and not just Elliot and Mr. Robot). I'm not sure if I agree.

The new season started last week here in the USA.

It has turned deeper into the psychology aspect along with some philosophical/existential insights.

Some spoilers that recently made me wonder about the writer/director.

Also Eliot, despite being a "crazy person", can really can see the outside world and society in an objective way (as he saw dynamics in season 1 and this episode). It's his own internal world that is subjective and goes into its own reality. I would think society in general wouldn't even notice how subjective their internal world is!

------------------------------------------------------

Eliot goes to a church group. He's going through a tough time and can't see help in the faith. He knows the whole situation about religion is a lie. So, in this state he goes into a huge rant about religion, basically saying similar to we know here on the forum.

A new character in season 2, Ray, explains to Eliot his situation to help Eliot with his stressed out/anxious condition. Ray's wife died in a car crash despite following every rule, she was super safety oriented but still it didn't matter as she died.
Ray comes up with some pretty sane stoic like wisdom:

Ray: "Control is as real as a unicorn taking a leak at the end of a double ended rainbow"

Eliot: "Then what do we have?"

Ray: "You know that BS people say about how when you fall, you got to get up? I reject that s*** man. You know why? The whole thing is a fall. It can't help but be. A perpetual state of grasping in the dark. It's not about getting up. It's about stumbling, stumbling in the right direction. It's the only true way to move forward. "

The fall, like gnosticism/esoteric christianity explains our reality. The stumbling in the right direction which is what we try to do in the work. We may not move forward all the time, we stumble and eventually move forward. It gives me a new view on the valley of shadow that the C's mentioned in the previous session. If we think that we can just walk forward, that's lacking the humility that we're pretty much fighting against a system so strong in the world and in ourselves. Stoicism ties in too, with how there is no real good or bad grace or god- just probability- in a way, disorder and chaos. Stumbling is like our souls being born as babies, trying to walk.

Just thoughts, if anyone else watched it- maybe I misinterpreted it?

Back
Top Bottom