Mothman or hoax?

Xico said:
Hello everyone:
it is my personal opinion but I think it could be real, because I tried to clean up the original picture and take a look :huh: it is very close to one of the sketches done by John Keel when he was investigating Pt. Pleasant 1966.... my two cents.....

I also did the same thing-did an enlargement and played around with the contrast using Irfanview -if you look really close at the top of the figure where the "head" would be you can barely make out what appears to be two reddish dots that might be "eyes". Even after sharpening it is still pretty vague- but I do not think this is palm trees or someone in a cowboy hat and duster. Could be the real deal - creepy!

Aiming said:
Well, when looking at the picture I thought of how Mothman was described in Keel's books: apparently having no head but only those red eyes on the top. So, I don't know, it could also be there's different types of Mothman running around.

I would think that because of the distance of the photo and the lack of resolution it would be rather difficult to see red eyes.

BrenXHkm said:
Guille said:
There was also another recent sighting in NJ in november 2016, which looks very similar to the one posted above. Although the wings look smaller in this one compared to the one above.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/mothman-may-have-returned-to-point-pleasant/

mothman1-585x306.jpeg

mothman2-570x336.jpeg

mothman3-570x336.jpeg

Granted, the two bottom pictures look more like a bird, since the bottom half of the creature looks like it could be a bird tail rather than legs.

Intriguing indeed.

Guille, I think it could be a bird of prey with its prey. If we look at the supposed legs we can see that they are very flabby to be legs. For example:
Un-ave-rapaz-captura-una-serpiente-pero-nadie-pod%C3%ADa-imaginar-lo-que-suceder%C3%ADa-despu%C3%A9s.jpg

That's a pretty good explanation for those photos above! So indeed that could be the case there.

tschai said:
Xico said:
Hello everyone:
it is my personal opinion but I think it could be real, because I tried to clean up the original picture and take a look :huh: it is very close to one of the sketches done by John Keel when he was investigating Pt. Pleasant 1966.... my two cents.....

I also did the same thing-did an enlargement and played around with the contrast using Irfanview -if you look really close at the top of the figure where the "head" would be you can barely make out what appears to be two reddish dots that might be "eyes". Even after sharpening it is still pretty vague- but I do not think this is palm trees or someone in a cowboy hat and duster. Could be the real deal - creepy!

yes!! exactly same thoughts ....

Beau said:
Aiming said:
Well, when looking at the picture I thought of how Mothman was described in Keel's books: apparently having no head but only those red eyes on the top. So, I don't know, it could also be there's different types of Mothman running around.

I would think that because of the distance of the photo and the lack of resolution it would be rather difficult to see red eyes.

The figure looks like it has a head, though.

Xico said:
Hello everyone:

I find it hard to tell if it's real or not, but when I look close to the zoomed in clean up version that you made (one in the middle) I can see two reddish dots, in the 'upper-chest' area where they are also positioned on the sketch (Added: I see tschai noticed the same).

The two "eyes" could just be pixels. And its leg area seems to be semi transparent. There's something sticking out from behind it as well - did anyone else spot that? What is it? A tail or something else?
There's also a swirly curve on top of the supposed right wing. Any idea what that could be?

Galatea said:
The two "eyes" could just be pixels.

Yeah, they could be.

And its leg area seems to be semi transparent. There's something sticking out from behind it as well - did anyone else spot that? What is it? A tail or something else?
There's also a swirly curve on top of the supposed right wing. Any idea what that could be?

I'm not sure what they are. I've noticed the transparency as well, in the leg area, and what could perhaps be the arms.

A Dutch daily newspaper published this story as well and they added some extra information (not sure where they got it from, though):

"According to Christianson he took the picture shortly after the New Year. The 'apparition' was following him for a short while like a shadow and was thought to be as large as 'a house'."

Current event's on Mothman Sighting's in Chicago, Illinois, and MUFON's attempts to chaulk block reality in this latest show.

TONIGHT! Chicago flying humanoid discussion on ArcaneRadio.com (59:41) May 31
"http://app.stitcher.com/splayer/f/53252?el=1&refid=stpr"

The documentary that redefines The Mothman Mystery!
18767658_10212990790869562_249435394229261059_n.jpg

_http://shop.smalltownmonsters.com/products/the-mothman-of-point-pleasant-dvd
Learn the terrifying, true story about thirteen months that changed history! In November of 1966 a car full of kids encountered a creature unlike anything they'd ever seen before. In the weeks and months to follow, the monster (now known as The Mothman) was sighted again and again on country roads and around the state of West Virginia. As the sightings continued so did an increase in unusual activity.

At the center of this bizarre series of events was the town of Point Pleasant, WV. A small burb situated on the banks of the Ohio river with a lengthy history of what many might call bad luck. Over the next thirteen months Point Pleasant would undergo one of the strangest outbreaks of paranormal activity the world has ever seen. An outbreak that eventually ended in tragedy.

The Mothman of Point Pleasant is the fourth documentary from Small Town Monsters exploring bizarre creature sightings around the U.S. and their impact on rural communities. The film is narrated by Lyle Blackburn and written, produced and directed by Seth Breedlove. It was shot by Zac Palmisano and featured a musical score by Brandon Dalo, as well as animated sequences by Chris Scalf and illustrations by Matt Harris and Brandon Scalf.
Film runtime: 70 minutes. DVD includes bonus features including a behind-the-scenes documentary.

Large Winged Humanoid Encountered Again in Lincoln Park, Chicago
Sunday, June 04, 2017
_http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2017/06/large-winged-humanoid-encountered-again.html
I received a telephone call at exactly 12:04 AM (Sunday) of a sighting of a 'large man with bat wings' in the 400 block of N. Arlington Place (between N. Clark St. & N. Lakeview Ave.) in the Lincoln Park community of Chicago.

A couple called me from the location after the encounter. It took them about an hour to search Google for similar sightings and to find my telephone number. The sighting was on Saturday 6/3/2017 at approximately 10PM CT local time.

Both witnesses talked to me. They were both shook up and assured me that neither of them drink alcohol or take drugs. Both are professionals and business owners in the Chicago area. They had just finished a late dinner at a local restaurant and noticed the flying anomaly as they were walking on the 400 block of N. Arlington Place. The street lights illuminated the figure enough to startle them, so it could not have been very high above the street.

They both described it as a 7-8 ft solid black humanoid with wide membrane wings, that resembled those of a huge bat. The wing span was at least 12 ft. The head was prominent, and thinner than a human head. The back end of the body tampered to a point. No legs were noticed, but could have been tucked up under the body. The figure was gliding quickly along the length of the street heading east, then suddenly ascended into the night sky. Neither heard any sound. Both witnesses told me that they felt a sense of foreboding and were still terrified almost an hour after the encounter.

I ask the witnesses to write down what they experienced and to provide a sketch if possible. I will add the information to this post as I receive it. The interactive map has been updated (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1X7P3o6YD7IBez4uBx4-Gghyk0Fs&ll=41.81373846958289%2C-87.64823915&z=11) Lon.

NOTE: The location of this encounter is approximately 6 blocks northeast from the 4/7/201 sighting in Oz Park in the Lincoln Park community. Lon

UPDATE (2nd report): On the same night and around the same time, another couple encountered the winged humanoid in the Lincoln Park / Lakeview Community. The report was received by UFO Clearinghouse:

This report was submitted to the website at 11pm CDT on June 4, 2017. The UFOCH investigative team has already made contact with the witness and her boyfriend and are conducting a full investigation into this sighting.

We should note that there have been multiple sightings of this flying entity made in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhood within the last 24 hours. You can find the other sighting report at Phantom and Monsters.com

The sighting report is as follows:

“I was walking with my boyfriend in Lincoln Park around 10 pm tonight on Saturday, June 3rd and saw a huge bat or what I could only describe as a bat glide past. It was huge and long. I can’t explain what it was but it was not normal. It was pitch black and had no feathers. I thought it was an eagle or a bat, but it was definitely bigger than both of those. Its wings were skin-like and it made no sound. I called my boyfriend to see it but by the time he looked he only saw the tail end of it. We both felt very uneasy and more uneasy after Googling and coming across similar reports. I’m not sure what to make of it but it was not normal. The wings were the longer than my boyfriends’ arms and he’s 6ft.”

A full report will be posted as soon as possible.

A map of recent flying bat-like humanoid sightnings in Chicago (click markers to read report summaries):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1X7P3o6YD7IBez4uBx4-Gghyk0Fs&ll=41.96880790000001%2C-87.63364789999997&z=11

As for now, 16 reports. Three of them are from 2011, the rest has appeared during recent months. Plus the stories about atypical behavior in birds. And also some paranormal creepiness:

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2017/06/daily-2-cents-black-eyed-female-entity.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PhantomsAndMonstersAPersonalJourney+%28Phantoms+and+Monsters%29 said:
I live in Chicago, in East Garfield. This past Saturday, I was at a local food mart buying groceries. I walked to my car, loaded the 2 bags into my backseat, then got in the driver's seat. As I went to start the car, to my shock, a young pale skinned woman with long dark hair was sitting in the passenger side. The first thing I noticed were her coal-black eyes. She looked right into my eyes and said 'I need help...please help me.' She literally looked like the walking dead. I told her to get out, but she insisted that I take her to the hospital. We weren't too far from the hospital, so I headed in that direction. We were about 2 blocks away and at a red light, when she suddenly jumped out of the car, took a few steps and vanished! No trace of her. She didn't look like a ghost, I mean she was solid in form.

The next (Sunday) I felt sick to my stomach and my eyes were sore and red. I believe it had something to do with this black eyed woman. I'm still not feeling 100% and I've had terrible nightmares.

This may not be related, but a few of my family and friends have recently had unexplained activity at their homes, in particular my brother. He lives a few blocks from me and swears there is a demon in his basement. He and his girlfriend will not go down there and plan to move soon. He has been having terrible dreams as well.

I wish I knew what was going on. Jade

NOTE: I contacted Jade, and mentioned the flying humanoid sightings in Chicago. She was unaware of the sightings but did say that it seems like people are 'walking on eggshells' throughout the city. I thought that was an interesting statement. Lon

Is something about to happen in Chicago? Anyone living there and noticing any particular "vibe"?

I wonder if at least some of the mothman sightings are caused by Harpy eagle. It is supposed to be native to Central America but it is quite possible it ventures north
What a strange bird, it's scary.

Seeing it reminds me of something, but I don't know what.

Yes, it is possible that if someone sees that bird without knowing of its existence, the imagination invents anything.

Back
Top Bottom