Mothman or hoax?

There was also another recent sighting in NJ in november 2016, which looks very similar to the one posted above. Although the wings look smaller in this one compared to the one above.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/mothman-may-have-returned-to-point-pleasant/

mothman1-585x306.jpeg

mothman2-570x336.jpeg

mothman3-570x336.jpeg

Granted, the two bottom pictures look more like a bird, since the bottom half of the creature looks like it could be a bird tail rather than legs.

Intriguing indeed.

I'll vote for hoax. It almost looks like a person with a cowboy hat and one of those western duster type coats that is being swept up on each side... :huh:

It seems pretty big for a regular man, western cowboy or not :P.

Maybe a tree which really look like a winged-man walking down the street, the "legs effect" is pretty persuasive, but the head and wings maybe assimilate to palm tree. Maybe two palm trees aligned in the angle of the camera...

It's kinda hard to tell, but there's what appears to be a palm tree of about the same height on the left side of the picture. So might vote is a hoax.

I also think it is hard to tell. The guy Richard Christianson from where the photo seems is according to facebook a stagehand and posts normally many cat pictures. He became a bit famous in the USA, because he rescued a cat. From this point the guy seems legit. It would be good to know from where the picture comes.

I did an image search on it on google, and I couldn't find similar photo anywhere. So at least it doesn't seem to have a presence on the web. Would be interesting to see if he has said anything further about it.

Beau said:
Came across this story about a picture a man took showing what looks like a mothman creature. Like so many high strangeness photos, it's a little blurry but rather intriguing.

'Demon' sighting picture goes viral on Facebook

Well, when looking at the picture I thought of how Mothman was described in Keel's books: apparently having no head but only those red eyes on the top. So, I don't know, it could also be there's different types of Mothman running around.

It certainly looks tall enough with those huge wings. But part of me thinks, is that for real for real? I'm not convinced.

Gawan said:
I also think it is hard to tell. The guy Richard Christianson from where the photo seems is according to facebook a stagehand and posts normally many cat pictures. He became a bit famous in the USA, because he rescued a cat. From this point the guy seems legit. It would be good to know from where the picture comes.

The location on the FB post says Phoenix, AZ, but it's not clear if that's where he took the picture. Would be quite something if it was Point Pleasant instead! It's hard to tell if it's real or not, but if it is, it sure looks creepy. Like Aiming, I'd also expect not a clear outline of a head, and red eyes.

Guille said:
There was also another recent sighting in NJ in november 2016, which looks very similar to the one posted above. Although the wings look smaller in this one compared to the one above.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/mothman-may-have-returned-to-point-pleasant/

mothman1-585x306.jpeg

mothman2-570x336.jpeg

mothman3-570x336.jpeg

Granted, the two bottom pictures look more like a bird, since the bottom half of the creature looks like it could be a bird tail rather than legs.

Intriguing indeed.

Guille, I think it could be a bird of prey with its prey. If we look at the supposed legs we can see that they are very flabby to be legs. For example:
Un-ave-rapaz-captura-una-serpiente-pero-nadie-pod%C3%ADa-imaginar-lo-que-suceder%C3%ADa-despu%C3%A9s.jpg

Hello everyone:
it is my personal opinion but I think it could be real, because I tried to clean up the original picture and take a look :huh: it is very close to one of the sketches done by John Keel when he was investigating Pt. Pleasant 1966.... my two cents.....

Attachments

• is it the mothman.jpg
    is it the mothman.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 158
It is hard to determine, but if i remember correctly i think the C's said such stragenge phenomena happened more when there was mist in the air i could be remembering wrong.

The C's did says these window fallers and events would increase though.

Doesn't seem like a person in a suit because whatever it is, based on some of the objects around it like the palm tree - it's big! If it is a hoax, it could also be some sort of replica figure but it's too blurry to tell. But I'm leaning towards it being a window-faller. Possibly a mothman.

Back
Top Bottom