Moon Base Dream

Benjamin

The Living Force
After watching this video posted by Chaze, I remembered a very short dream I once had maybe 15-ish years ago.

I was in my room reading, I think, on a sunny, warm afternoon. Sunlight was pouring through my window, landing on a blanket I had tossed on a heap onto the floor. I was fighting sleep until I finally gave in and, instead of lying down on the bed where I was sitting, I curled up on the blanket on the floor instead, to take a short nap. I closed my eyes with the warm sunlight landing on me, waiting for sleep to take over. Instead, after a very short time, I was on, what I believe to be, the moon.

Everything about the landscape looked like a lunar landscape; the typical grey, mountainous, rocky, open plains of powder wasteland. Thinking back, I couldn't see any stars in the black sky, but I wasn't focusing on that, nor did I see the Sun or Earth, though they could have been behind me or blocked from view because I found myself on the side of a steep, but not vertical, cliff to my left. Below and in front of me was a vast open range of flat plain that stretched off to the right. A short distance beyond this was a ridge, or dotted with ridges, of mountains or mesas.

I was looking at this scenery when a ship very suddenly came into view. It was in front and a little above me, as it travelled above the plain quite close to me, heading to my right. It was blocked by the cliff I was on so I couldn't see it approach. Was Earth behind the cliff? Was I on the far side of the Moon? Anyway, the ship itself was I guess 'saucer' shaped but more like a large 'fat hamburger' or 'fat doughnut'. It also wasn't smooth and sleek or glowing like the ones in reports and photos, instead being more 'industrial' and medium grey with small lights on it, maybe windows. It was big enough to hold many (at least more then 30) people. I remember I was following it as it flew to my right, down the near side (to me) of the plain, and I remember that I wanted to get another look at it so I 'reversed the tape' to where the ship had cleared the cliff and then 'let it play'. I continued to follow the ship when a base off in the distance by maybe 1-3 miles away came into my perspective. The ship, travelling at a pretty good pace, got smaller and smaller as it headed straight for it to land. The base, that I remember, had grey buildings of various irregular sizes but I can't remember how many. There were exterior lights and maybe windows and, again, looked 'industrial'. The whole base wasn't very big, but I can't really judge size anymore. I then woke up.

Thinking back, I was aware of the noises of the room and outside. There was no sound at all in the dream.

Back
Top Bottom